05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

CDC Shaker question

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/06, 08:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who have installed the shaker hood scoop, did anyone else find that the centerline on the supplied template was NOT centered? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img] After spending half the afternoon carefully taping and measuring the hood to find C/L, I discovered that, after lining up the template, the actual trace line for the opening was nearly 1/8" off-center.

Re-measured everything once more before deciding to check the template. Wha-da-ya-know, the template C/L is off by 1/16". [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Oh yeah, it seems that the curved line that is supposed to match up to the rear edge of the hood is off by about 1/8" on one side, too.

Anyway...decided to call it a day and will start fresh tomorrow.
Old 4/20/06, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I think I will agree with you. I know it took some careful adjustments before I was satisfied with the placement.

All in all I was very pleased with the fit and finish of both the shaker and the chin spoiler.
Old 4/20/06, 09:02 PM

Yeah, I would agree also. It took my son and I about 2 hours to get the template centered just right. Overall the fit and finish is very good.

[attachmentid=47467]
Old 4/20/06, 10:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedRockerGT @ April 20, 2006, 8:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, I would agree also. It took my son and about 2 hours to get the template centered just right. Overall the fit and finish is very good.
[attachmentid=47467]
[/b][/quote]
Noah- Very nice set-up you have! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Everything blends well, good job.
Old 4/22/06, 06:30 AM
Bullitt Member

It takes some time to get it right. I thought it was interesting that when it was all cut and you turn the hood over, the hole is exactly where apparently Ford had intended. Were they thinking ahead for a Mach 1?
[attachmentid=47557]
Old 4/22/06, 06:42 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hate to be the one to disagree but I guess I will [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Since I already had stripes on my car and had spent hours trying to find the center, the template lined up perfectly with my center marks. Also, just as a precaution, I had measured the distances on the template from the center line to the edge that would eventually be cut and the measurements were identical.

Oh, and don't worry about it being off 1/16". Wow, I thought I was picky. Even if you go outside of the marks when cutting, the trim piece covers it.

Old 4/22/06, 07:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the replies everyone. I decided to ignore the template C/L and just measure from the edges of the opening. Came out perfect! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Couple of scary moments though...the saw wanted to bounce just as the blade was cutting through the end of a piece of the bracing. Luckily no damage (except to my nerves!).

I'll post pics as soon as Project Mach Tribute is finished.