05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Carbon Fiber Mustang Parts

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/05, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, I've been following the forums for a couple of months and decided to join today.

One reason I joined was to find out if anyone is intrested in carbon fiber parts. I work at a place that makes composites and I've been working on setting up a side business to make mustang parts because they are so popular and I love the car. Things we've been discussing to make are interior pieces (not the cruddy stickers, the actual part made out of carbon fiber), front splitter, and carbon fiber side mirrors, which would be a HUGE improvement over the plastic ones.

I would love to hear your responses and to give ideas of what else on the car you would like to see become carbon fiber.
Old 9/25/05, 08:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by johnnyblaze@September 24, 2005, 8:40 PM
Hello everyone, I've been following the forums for a couple of months and decided to join today.

One reason I joined was to find out if anyone is intrested in carbon fiber parts. I work at a place that makes composites and I've been working on setting up a side business to make mustang parts because they are so popular and I love the car. Things we've been discussing to make are interior pieces (not the cruddy stickers, the actual part made out of carbon fiber), front splitter, and carbon fiber side mirrors, which would be a HUGE improvement over the plastic ones.

I would love to hear your responses and to give ideas of what else on the car you would like to see become carbon fiber.
Welcome. I know steeda makes a front chin spoiler out of carbon fiber, Roush makes a good looking carbon fiber dash kit. Look to a company called 3D Carbon for other carbon fiber parts. Also
NICHE Performance makes carbon fiber hoods. I am waiting for someone to make carbon fiber side mirrors. The plastic ones from Ford suck. Hope this helped.
Old 9/26/05, 08:06 PM
FR500 Member

here's some parts ideas which may be too costly or hardcore - what about carbon fiber roof skin/panel ala M6 or like CDC's glassback? also door skins, fenders, and trunk lid would be nice (big $$$!!!), don't forget strut and shock tower braces. before anyone screams "rice!" i only suggest these parts because i would paint them - i personally don't like parts that scream "look at me." just an expensive way to trim the weight on these things. i'm more into a "sleeper" look. of course, i don't even have a car yet and couldn't probably afford those kind of parts, but some people on this forum can. (i.e. carbon fiber drive shaft) so, why not? if i could, i would. light weight + high strength + no rust = a good thing.