The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   Cam Cover Exchange? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/cam-cover-exchange-450620/)

GRAYPNY 4/14/07 03:17 PM

Cam Cover Exchange?

I was wondering if anyone had purchased 'new' Ford Racing cam covers and would like to loan out their old ones?

I want to get my covers powder coated but would like a set to take in and then when they are done replace the existing ones with the powder coated ones. I have a friend who wants to do the same thing so I could give him my old ones and so on and so on. The person receiving them would just have to pay for the shipping cost when they get the covers from whoever had a set last.

Any donors out there? :dunno:

exgto 4/14/07 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY (Post 891761)
I was wondering if anyone had purchased 'new' Ford Racing cam covers and would like to loan out their old ones?

I want to get my covers powder coated but would like a set to take in and then when they are done replace the existing ones with the powder coated ones. I have a friend who wants to do the same thing so I could give him my old ones and so on and so on. The person receiving them would just have to pay for the shipping cost when they get the covers from whoever had a set last.

Any donors out there? :dunno:

I have a set. My car has a blower so I ground off the gromet on the driver's side top to clear the belt. You wouldn't know anything was different unless you looked at another side by side.

Take a look at yours and you'll see what I mean. It's on the top closest to the serpantine belt.

Boltzman 4/15/07 08:30 AM

Rich, I would like to get mine painted and would like to be included in the trading deal..Maybe we should get a list started or something...Maybe a new topic w/ a poll:dunno:

Donna 4/15/07 10:14 AM

Sorry, I sold mine right after I got the new ones..

Good Luck!!

GRAYPNY 4/15/07 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by exgto (Post 891786)
I have a set. My car has a blower so I ground off the gromet on the driver's side top to clear the belt. You wouldn't know anything was different unless you looked at another side by side.

Take a look at yours and you'll see what I mean. It's on the top closest to the serpantine belt.

I don't know if you were offering or not but I think I would like a set that has no modifications to them.

anyone?

RadBOSS 4/15/07 01:43 PM

I you don't mind. i have a question.

Are the Ford ones gloss or satin?

GRAYPNY 4/15/07 02:07 PM

I think it depends on which set you order Paul. I know that FRPP has wrinkle finish and the powdercoated chrome looking ones I think are gloss.

Boltzman 4/15/07 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by RadBOSS (Post 892400)
I you don't mind. i have a question.

Are the Ford ones gloss or satin?

heres a link
http://www.mossmustang.com/Browse/Pl...omponentID=175

DavidM 4/15/07 04:54 PM

That's a great idea on the exchange thing. I know several people who would be in on it. I took mine off and painted them myself and it would have been nice to have an extra set on hand.

RadBOSS 4/15/07 08:26 PM

Thanks.

I'm interested in Blue. The Ford ones from the photo look satin or not gloss. Black are stated was wrinkle.

Originally Posted by Boltzman (Post 892529)

GRAYPNY 4/15/07 08:55 PM

Well if I could buy a take-off set that were in good condition for $125 including shipping I could get them powdercoated locally for $75 and would have $200 into the covers instead of the $269 + shipping that all of the vendors want for them.

I could then ship off my OEM covers to the next person for the $125 that I have in them and recover my initial cost. It could go on and on until the last person has nobody interested and then they are stuck with the $125 which is still better than $269. :dunno: