The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   All My New Mods! Side stripes, interior, and Exhaust! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/all-my-new-mods-side-stripes-interior-exhaust-456252/)

07ShelbyGT500 8/14/07 03:10 PM

:nice: :nice: :nice:

bald-guy 8/15/07 04:09 AM

Great looking Stang.
Glad to help,
Ron

vistablue mustang 8/15/07 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by flight96 (Post 984570)
Are the stripes painted or tape ?

Tape, clear vinyl with the fade pattern printed on them.

Originally Posted by bald-guy (Post 985022)
Great looking Stang.
Glad to help,
Ron

Thanks ever so much Ron!

vistablue mustang 8/20/07 06:18 AM

**Bump** new pics check post one!

titanjc 8/22/07 12:24 PM

I love that engine cover, it looks fantastic!

vistablue mustang 8/23/07 04:43 AM

Thanks Bill's work is top notch you can't see everything in the pics. Until you seen one of his, you have not seen airbrush work. The mass produced ones just can't compair

flight96 8/23/07 04:21 PM

Where did you get the side stripes ? Are they available in black ???

Thanks

GT Rush 8/23/07 08:38 PM

Really like how your did your exhaust, fits the car to a 'T"
'

vistablue mustang 8/24/07 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by flight96 (Post 990597)

Thanks

The stripes were designed by me (with a little help from the 67 GT:nice: ), I took the idea to my friend who owns a graphic shop and had them help me size everything up on the printing program.

Originally Posted by GT Rush (Post 990824)
Really like how your did your exhaust, fits the car to a 'T"
'

Thanks the tips were suggested by the owner of the shop (Mufflex Performance in Trenton) I looked at a couple different ones but he said "what do you think about these?" At first I was hesitant, but after I put them next to the car I told him to go ahead. Glad I did too.

RUgoinUp? 8/24/07 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by flight96 (Post 990597)

Thanks

You may be able to get a set from Darkfire GT.

The fading stripe design has been in use for many years, on many cars, including the latest version of the Mach 1, and on many Steeda Mustangs.

My S197 was the first to have the faded stripes running across the middle doors, as far as I know. Vista's idea for the cut out around the GT, in conjunction with the faded stripe is the first that I know of. :nice:

flight96 8/24/07 11:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I want to do the same kind of idea, only with the "Powered By Ford" emblem on the fender. I just have to find the stipes...

vistablue mustang 8/29/07 10:05 AM

That emblem is a little thinner then the GT emblem (I think) my stripes are not as wide as the ones Dark Fire has because it would have made the gap around the GT too big, if your really interested in the stripe I have PM me and I will get you in touch with my friends graphic shop.

flight96 8/29/07 11:38 AM

Hey Vistablue,
Thanks !! I have contacted a graphics shop here in the city, if they can't do it I will PM you !! How wide are your stripes ? As for the emblem, Im sure they are a lot stouter/smaller. But I think they will look really good on a Black stripe.

Thanks againg !!!