The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f688/)
-   -   Patriots vs Colts (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f688/patriots-vs-colts-478523/)

I-70 west 11/16/09 02:43 PM

Patriots vs Colts

What were the Patriots thinking ? :dunno:
They had the game won and gave it away.

and Manning thinks he won it :bad:

07S197 11/16/09 02:55 PM

I'm very depressed and pissed, I was on my way to bed at 11 and said ahhh heck were are gonna crush them and I wana watch it so I stayed up and to my amazement we played a great 58 min and lost it in the last 120 seconds :rant:

future9er24 11/16/09 02:58 PM

i stopped watching at halftime. my dad called me at the end to tell me the turnout. suffice to saw i was shocked, but happy :p

The Reverend 11/16/09 03:03 PM

The Patriots lost, the Colts won. Even after the cheater went for it on 4th and 2. Peyton Manning still had to score the TD. Very exciting game for us Colts fans.

07S197 11/16/09 03:15 PM

No matter how you look at it in the end the Colts won because the Pats fell apart in the last 2 min of the game. The Pats left at the 2 min warning, it's not as if the Colts stepped it up and dominated in the last two min they had it handed to them and they capatalized on the mistakes of the Pats. The Pats would have done the same thing if it was the other way around.

The Colts didn't win the game, the Pats lost the game...

2k7gtcs 11/16/09 03:27 PM

WHAT!?!?

I went to bed and it was 31-14 a few minutes into the 4th I think. WTF! I can't believe the Pats didn't win.

I didn't even know till I read this thread just now.

Wow.

nitecrawler27 11/16/09 04:46 PM

I wouldnt say that the Pats gave away the win. The Colts just never gave up like most other teams would of done against the Pats. I say the colts just wanted the win more then the Pats did. IMO, no matter what the Pats would of done, Peyton manning was going to score. Overall, it was a great game.

Knight Rider 11/16/09 05:18 PM

Biggest coaching mistake in Belichick's career.

Why give Peyton Manning 30 yards for a TD when you could punt and give them more yardage. I gues he couldn't trust his defense

I-70 west 11/16/09 07:23 PM

The Colts didn't win the game, the Pats lost the game...[/quote]

Well said :shame:

1 COBRA 11/16/09 07:34 PM

Had the 4th down play worked the same critics who have been stomping Bill Belichick all day long would be calling him a genious and licking his buns.

07S197 11/16/09 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT (Post 5764183)
Had the 4th down play worked the same critics who have been stomping Bill Belichick all day long would be calling him a genious and licking his buns.

very true

houtex 11/16/09 10:14 PM

Seconded.

My take on it was... he was trying to put the nail in the coffin and NOT give the Colts a chance. He figured that a punt was as good as capitulation at that point, as it was done before.

But with a *pass*?! Surely you jest in that you can't make 2 measly yards on the ground... even if they're stacked up. Hand the ball to the up back and put the fullback behind him and *push*.

However, given Belligerence's ways recently... good. Even though the Colts are in the same division as the Texans, I'd rather the Colts win than the Pats any day... except if it meant the Texans aren't in the playoffs... then I'd begrudgingly want the Pats to win, for the good of my team.

/bye weeks are weird.
//hoodie's a jerk, and is making his team the same.

2k7gtcs 11/16/09 10:21 PM

I'm sorry but you punt. And 99.9% of the time that would be the call. You don't go for it on 4th down on the negative side of the field. Sorry.

You punt and let your defense do its job. Sure they could have lost, but you don't put the game on one play like that. You make him go the distance. That gives you more chances at a pic, a sack/fumble, or lots of things. If I remember right he'd already been picked twice. Anythings possible the more times he has to throw it.

Big emotional mistake in my opinion. Just because you have 3 rings, doesn't mean your decisions are always perfect.