The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f688/)
-   -   Dang, UA canned Shula. (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f688/dang-ua-canned-shula-443933/)

Scothew 11/27/06 07:43 AM

Dang, UA canned Shula.

I was shocked.

Enyo 11/27/06 05:31 PM

If anyone needs to go, it's Mal Moore. Shula got shafted and until further notice all I can say, and it pains me as a Tide fan to do so, is War Eagle.

Redbaron93 11/27/06 06:36 PM

Deb kept saying she thought he was gone. Guess she was right, again. Personally, I think it was a mistake. So what, they had a bad year, somewhere along the line it was bound to happen. Like I said somewhere before, they majority of his team were Freshmen & Red shirt Freshman. When will Alabama fans & boosters realize there will never be another Bear Bryant and give someone a fighting chance to get the program back where it once was. Also, how can they expect recruits to want to come to 'Bama when they won't know who their coach will be from year to year.

neil07gt 11/27/06 07:45 PM

I liked Gene Stalllings. It would be nice if they found another like him. I think the Miss. State loss sealed Shula's fate. That game was proof that the program was headed in the wrong direction. I think Mal Moore needs to go as well.

sts767 11/28/06 04:42 PM

I can speak for all Auburn fans when I say it is a true shame to see Shula lose his job. I don't think we would ever have lost to him.

1sicklx 12/4/06 10:05 PM

I wasn't really surprised by the firing, although I really think he deserved another year after losing 7 starters on defense ...

EleanorsMine 12/5/06 05:37 AM

Good Riddance.
His tenure has been embarassing!

I can't say if it was him or Mal Moore, but I would like to have seen Bama win a ballgame every so often- especially the important one!

Enyo 12/5/06 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine (Post 793384)
Good Riddance.
His tenure has been embarassing!

I can't say if it was him or Mal Moore, but I would like to have seen Bama win a ballgame every so often- especially the important one!

You've got some Bear in your eyes.

Really, when are the idiots like Moore and the Board of Trustees, as well as the less advanced 'Bama fans, going to stop basking in the glory of a long since dead coach? The Bear's dead and Tide fans everywhere need to get the **** over it and realize that not every year can be a championship year. Shula got shafted and that jackhole running the athletics department that still worships at the altar of the Bear needs to go.

EleanorsMine 12/6/06 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Enyo (Post 793863)
You've got some Bear in your eyes.

Really, when are the idiots like Moore and the Board of Trustees, as well as the less advanced 'Bama fans, going to stop basking in the glory of a long since dead coach? The Bear's dead and Tide fans everywhere need to get the **** over it and realize that not every year can be a championship year. Shula got shafted and that jackhole running the athletics department that still worships at the altar of the Bear needs to go.

Jeez Don't lump me in with that. I was ten when Coach Bryant died. I don't even remember him that well-That's for my parents generation.
I never said Mal Moore wasn't a flipping idiot- he is. And I don't care about championships, I would just like to see a ball game won every so often.

Scothew 12/6/06 07:20 AM

Don't worry about April. She is in with all of the other Bi-polar 'bama fans. Ya know the ones that want to jump off a cliff after each loss. :poke:

bar 12/6/06 08:05 AM

I too, was a bit stunned (ex-Huntsville native here) when I read that first thing Monday am, after their season ended.

Although he does evoke the "deer in the headlights" look sometimes when the camera pans over to him during games, but I thought at .500 or better for a year when (as stated above) losing 7 starters, one of which at QB, they'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Especially considering none of the losses were blowouts and Prothro was/is still on IR.

Now they're stuck as, no one wants to come there and take over, because of unrealistic expectations for Bear-esque glory years (heresay).

Question is, who now? :doh: