The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   Since There Is Now A Shelby Will There be a Boss? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/since-there-now-shelby-will-there-boss-404470/)

elvism 3/26/05 11:04 AM

ANY WORD?

elvism 3/26/05 11:09 AM

MISPRINT TOPIC. WANTED TO SAY "SINCE THERE IS NOW A SHELBY WILL THERE BE A BOSS"?

Lalo 3/26/05 11:12 AM

nobody is sure, but SVT is in the works with more special edition mustangs.

I would love to see a Boss variant. A California Special might be released (Ford got the rights to the name just recently). The Mach1 and Bullitt would be awesome also

Galaxie 3/26/05 11:15 AM

Topic title edited because of caps lock,

In either the press release or MT article there is talk of more special editions in the works, they will likley be done through SVT.

The Boss name could be a contentious issue because there will probably be some legal fun stuff with Shinoda.

I would love to see the Bullitt come back but it has already been mentioned that Warner Brothers is difficult to deal with in regards to naming.

KR3259 3/26/05 11:19 AM

the Bullitt would be a natural with this new body style!

and I can see it now!, a "Bullitt 2" remake...featuring the hot new Bullitt Mustang and the all new bloated 4door Charger!

TomServo92 3/26/05 11:21 AM

Originally posted by Galaxie@March 26, 2005, 12:18 PM
Topic title edited because of caps lock,

In either the press release or MT article there is talk of more special editions in the works, they will likley be done through SVT.

The Boss name could be a contentious issue because there will probably be some legal fun stuff with Shinoda.

I would love to see the Bullitt come back but it has already been mentioned that Warner Brothers is difficult to deal with in regards to naming.

Awhile back I read that there were no issues between Ford and Shinoda regarding the use of the Boss name. They can both use it with certain conditions.

John H 3/26/05 11:26 AM

I'd love for there to be a new Boss more than anything. But unless that info becomes available before the order banks open for the Shelby, I'll be getting the Shelby. The 1970 Boss 302 is the original car that got me into Mustangs at the ripe ol' age of 6. My unlce owned one in Calypso Corral. I'd kill to have one of those. But I won't pass on the Shelby unless i know for sure there's a new Boss coming and it's worth it.

Lalo 3/26/05 11:32 AM

This would would make an awesome Boss! The front lower fascia looks very similar to the new GT500. The headlights are from the GT-R. (Rendering created by Twister last year)

stoic21 3/26/05 11:37 AM

Originally posted by KR3259@March 26, 2005, 12:22 PM
the Bullitt would be a natural with this new body style!

and I can see it now!, a "Bullitt 2" remake...featuring the hot new Bullitt Mustang and the all new bloated 4door Charger!

Bullit is being remade, it is filming right now i think. If not it starts very soon.

future9er24 3/26/05 12:29 PM

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@March 26, 2005, 12:35 PM
This would would make an awesome Boss! The front lower fascia looks very similar to the new GT500. The headlights are from the GT-R. (Rendering created by Twister last year)

:drool: his renderings are awesome :nice:

hmm its been a while since he's been here...

Fordracing200 3/26/05 12:36 PM

i personally hate that boss chop.

bludevil 3/26/05 12:44 PM

that BOSS is sick

stoic where did you hear about bullitt?

new22003 3/26/05 01:36 PM

SHINODA DESIGNS Already released a boss edition 2005 mustang.

Hes calling it the "Boss Shinoda 350" SHINODA DESIGNS announced the car in January.

[attachmentid=15910]

I know its not a factory car. I would like to see a gt350 ot some other model to fit between the GT and Cobra like the Mach did last 2 years and the bullit before it.

KBE 3/26/05 03:48 PM

There is a big void between the Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500. How about a N/A 5.4 around 375 hp Mach 1 or Boss?

rarecat 3/26/05 06:27 PM

Originally posted by new22003@March 26, 2005, 3:39 PM
Larry Shinoda Already released a boss edition 2005 mustang.

Hes calling it the "Boss Shinoda 350" He announced the car in January.

[attachmentid=15910]

I know its not a factory car. I would like to see a gt350 ot some other model to fit between the GT and Cobra like the Mach did last 2 years and the bullit before it.

Larry Shinoda has been dead for a while now... :scratch:

new22003 3/26/05 06:31 PM

Originally posted by rarecat+March 26, 2005, 7:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rarecat @ March 26, 2005, 7:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-new22003@March 26, 2005, 3:39 PM
Larry Shinoda Already released a boss edition 2005 mustang.

Hes calling it the "Boss Shinoda 350" He announced the car in January.

[attachmentid=15910]

Larry Shinoda has been dead for a while now... :scratch:
[/b][/quote]

Changed it to Larrys Company if you want to get nit picky.
http://www.teamshinoda.com/

AnotherMustangMan 3/26/05 09:30 PM

"I personally hate that BOSS chop."

Dude, you hate parfait too dont you, and probably hot chicks too....and Christmas also

Final5pt0 3/26/05 09:47 PM

id personally like to see a mach1 more then a boss, im just a mach 1 fan, however i dont know if i would like to see a mach, boss, california special, and bullitt all at the same time, too many models would be too much. i just hope they pick one and make it permenant, so for example you could have the V6, GT, Mach1, SVT/Shelby Cobra. A cs/gt, boss,and bullitt special editions might be nice to release say every other year or so, i just think that ford needs to pick one name/model to fit between the cobra and gt permenantly.
just my opinion

MilStang 3/27/05 05:28 AM

I would think the front fascia would look a little different from the Cobra since Ford has stated they want to make it easy to differentiate between the different models. (The different front ends on the V6, GT, and Cobra)

The Bullit movie is filming or will be filming soon with Brad Pitt filling in the main role of Frank Bullitt. I read some info on Brad's site and some on a site of upcoming movies a few months back. Will see if I can find the site again.

Either way, I agree they need something to fill the gap. :nice:

TomServo92 3/27/05 07:55 AM

Originally posted by MilStang@March 27, 2005, 6:31 AM
I would think the front fascia would look a little different from the Cobra since Ford has stated they want to make it easy to differentiate between the different models. (The different front ends on the V6, GT, and Cobra)

The Bullit movie is filming or will be filming soon with Brad Pitt filling in the main role of Frank Bullitt. I read some info on Brad's site and some on a site of upcoming movies a few months back. Will see if I can find the site again.

Either way, I agree they need something to fill the gap. :nice:

Meh...I don't think Brad Pitt is the right guy to walk in Steve McQueen's shoes. He's a good actor but he's too much of a pretty boy, not tough enough. Then again, I can't really think of any other actors to fill role either.

Ok, back on topic.