The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   SEMA CDC Pics (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/sema-cdc-pics-393061/)

awkforty7 10/30/04 11:16 AM

These pics were posted on stangnet....this is one of the nicest SEMA stangs i've seen yet!

awkforty7 10/30/04 11:17 AM

Another

Radman 10/30/04 11:18 AM

Wow! Good find! I love that roof, and other than the wheels, the car overall. Thanks for the pics!

Jason

Lalo 10/30/04 11:25 AM

the wheels gotta go. those are some hideous monster wheels

i am very dissapointed with the side scoop. i was hoping it would look like the scoops of old
ex.http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...stang05-hr.jpg

the hood is my favorite so far, and the front loser facia looks very good. reminds of a 65 GT350's lower facia with a chin :nice:
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...elbyGT350R.jpg

and the glass roof look nice, can you take that grey thing off?

68notch 10/30/04 11:32 AM

The body color mirrors look sweet. Chin spoiler, no thanks.

wantan05 10/30/04 11:37 AM

Wow that hood scoop is awesome definately the best one i've seeen yet! Now we just need to find out if its functional :jester:

Highlander 10/30/04 11:40 AM

That is a nice hood scoop....the car still has a nice clean integrated look to it. I don't like the wheels. I would like to see CDC use the Magnum 500 wheels that they used on their CDC Mach 1, they would go perfect with the retro body of the '05 Stang!

dke 10/30/04 11:42 AM

It's hard to see the details; we'll see on Tuesday. But I like the front better than most, and the roof. But I suspect there's a whole bunch more to the car than just that. (P.S. I agree the wheels are fugly. And I'd like to see the roof tinted black not silver).

FrankBullitt05 10/30/04 11:46 AM

definitely my favorite SEMA car yet...really awesome :nice:

webslinger283 10/30/04 11:48 AM

did anyone else notice the brake light that is intetragted into the roof?? THAT IS A NICE ADDITION MAKES IT LOOK REAL HOT!!!! anywayi am in agreement with the wheels and the scoop looks nice too, however i am looking for someone to come up with the cocept style hood and front facia i think they just look meaner that the production front end.

Lalo 10/30/04 11:51 AM

i made the picture brighter (a little trick i picked up from Doug ^_^ )and it looks like they took off those ugly head light covers :nice: :nice: :nice:
and the turn signal in the front is blacked out, and the gills in the head light section are plainted black

jcopin 10/30/04 11:57 AM

Originally posted by awkforty7@October 30, 2004, 11:19 AM
These pics were posted on stangnet....this is one of the nicest SEMA stangs i've seen yet!
this is a friggin rice burner LOL not a mustang

symptoms of riceburneritis.

a. retarded looking chin spoiler
b. gay looking rims

FrankBullitt05 10/30/04 12:03 PM

Have you seen the roush? :lol:

This is very subdued and refined(compared to the R that is)...plus many people like the chin spoiler (I'll take it without though...just the center cut inlet for me)

And is that a hint of a ducktail I see there...

tom_vilsack 10/30/04 12:04 PM

:notnice:

score so far:

original design from ford=10
aftermarket design guys=0

jcopin 10/30/04 12:08 PM

yea so far ford came up with the best looking one

everyone else has just been ricing it out

Kahdir 10/30/04 01:11 PM

It is hard to recreate an American (auto) Icon. Take Jeep for example, they have looked the same for over 60yrs. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! With the retro style of the 2005 Mustang, unless you are adding something retro, most accessories look out of place. :dunno:

THRUST 10/30/04 01:17 PM

Originally posted by FrankBullitt05@October 30, 2004, 12:06 PM
And is that a hint of a ducktail I see there...
I do believe it is
please get rid of the chin spoiler and those rims.

I like the glassback, body coloured mirrors, hood, ducktail, brake light, what they did to the headlight and the cut out in the front bumper.

Is it just me or does it look like they moved the grill back or got rid of it all
together? I would like to see a picture from the front if they did.

Greywolf 10/30/04 01:49 PM

The roof is silver because it has an electricly controlled shade that reduces light and heat. It can be turned off making the roof clear. I don't like the quarter window Steeda's is better. The front chin spoiler is to big Steeda's concept little black one was the best so far. The hood scoop looks good I can't wait to see it from the front. The ducktail rocks I want to see it from the rear. And the third brake light rules.

WBstangGT 10/30/04 02:24 PM

sadly, the roush scoops are probably the best out there, to bad everything else is :notnice:

Galaxie 10/30/04 02:26 PM

The ducktail has potential,

the front end is way overdone, but hey, they want to display as many parts as possible.