The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   Saleen is Getting ready! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/saleen-getting-ready-394175/)

Fast351 11/15/04 10:02 AM

Took a quick spin by Saleen, in Irvine, CA. on Sunday, and Look what I found hidden behind their build facility..... notice all have the spoiler delete.

Fast351 11/15/04 10:03 AM

Fast351 11/15/04 10:03 AM

dustindu4 11/15/04 10:03 AM

so that's where all the missing IUPs are

nice find

Fast351 11/15/04 10:04 AM

Fast351 11/15/04 10:05 AM

1 COBRA 11/15/04 10:07 AM

Aaaahhh!!! :hmm:

So this is why you guys can't get the IUP, not mention your cars!

:jester:

clintoris 11/15/04 10:11 AM

well, this answers the question about Saleen using V6 or GTs to start. I started a big ol mess with that one a while ago, but it's settled now.... they start out as GTs

anyways... I wish I was in that parking lot

The Deviant One 11/15/04 10:16 AM

Nice find! :drool: I guess that's why some of you don't have the IUP and your cars. I feel sorry for you guys. :cry:

Anybody feel like going in to get those lost stangs gone MIA? (Mission Impossible theme cue starts)

freebass55 11/15/04 10:18 AM

That's a lot of cars. Nice pics.

2Slack 11/15/04 10:19 AM

That is just wrong, considering all the people that have not recieved their cars yet.

Amy V6 11/15/04 10:20 AM

Cool :)

MustangMan311 11/15/04 10:21 AM

DANG! Now thats what I call a corral! And I can't wait to see a Legend Lime Saleen!!!

mr-mstng 11/15/04 10:34 AM

Nice find! Now all we need is pix of completed cars.

adrenalin 11/15/04 10:36 AM

Wow how many did those guys get. Anyway, the reason for the spoiler delete is obvious...did you see the piece of crap they are putting on the Saleen :puke:

adrenalin 11/15/04 10:36 AM

Forgot to say "nice find and great pics"! :)

dke 11/15/04 10:45 AM

One thing to note: yes those were GT's -- which makes sense for the two low end models of saleen. Even the extreme is the modified V8. But it seems like if you were putting a new motor in (a super extreme) that it would be more effective to buy the V6. Really matters what the resale on the motors is.

The Deviant One 11/15/04 10:57 AM

Originally posted by dke@November 15, 2004, 11:48 AM
One thing to note: yes those were GT's -- which makes sense for the two low end models of saleen. Even the extreme is the modified V8. But it seems like if you were putting a new motor in (a super extreme) that it would be more effective to buy the V6. Really matters what the resale on the motors is.
"Super Extreme," huh? :scratch:

Saleen has always utilized the GT as its starting point for its line of mustangs. They are after all, a tuner and have always gone and improved the GT's performance, by adding a supercharger and several suspension upgrades. The only Saleen mustangs that I know that were made from V6's were the S-351's, because it seems more logical to thrash a v6 and drop in a blown and injected 351W than to do that to a GT.

rrobello 11/15/04 10:58 AM

Yeah and don't forget Roush and Steeda and all the other aftermarket companies that have cars that won't be sold until they are turned into their own creation, especially those large ones. As far as the question about if they use V6s or GTs, I was up there once a Sunday (by the way they are closed on Sundays) about a year ago and they had a whole sh!t load of 2004s and they had both V6 and GTs as well as Cobras (ie. the s351 nor longer made was cobra based), since they make different models of Saleens with different power packages, and it depended on which car they started with that determined which Saleen it ultimately will be, not sure if they will do this with the new 05s but it will probably happen with time especially after the Cobra comes out, since they are planning on having three different models.

Side story the day when I was there although they were closed, as I walked around the side towards the back where all those cars are parked the garage was open and Steve and two mechanics where in there working on 3 S7s. They had them in different stages of development. It was sick. One they had just finished and one was waiting for last minute touches and the third that they were concentrating on was completely built but had the body off of it and they were working on the engine. The body comes off as one whole piece by the way kind of like a toy model. It was insane, it only took two of them to lift it off and set it on pads on the ground. Anyway Steve saw my girlfriend and myself peaking in and he invited us in and let us look around and answered questions and talked to us while they worked, he wouldn't let us take any pics though, unfortunately. But I was suprised he let us in to look in the first place. He is very nice. If any of you have seen one of these things under the hood you will now what I am talking about when I say holy sh!t! You are definately getting a street legal race car.

incorrigible 11/15/04 11:01 AM

I was always under the impression that all Saleen's started ut as v6's! Guess that's no longer the case! B)

Nice pics! :nice: