Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Roush

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/08, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush

OK - so I've finally decided on a 2008 Roush (black of course). I'm having trouble between the 427r and a Stage3. Anyone care to help me decide??
Old 2/25/08, 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Lenny
OK - so I've finally decided on a 2008 Roush (black of course). I'm having trouble between the 427r and a Stage3. Anyone care to help me decide??
For the money you are going to be spending..either get a Saleen, or a reg GT and have your dealer install a Roush supercharger to retain your warranty....

Roush makes a great car..I had one...and I will NEVER get another.

The reason I would go Saleen is because they list their cars in a secondary market such as NADA..There is NO secondary market on a Roush vehicle. If you run the VIN # it will only come back as a Prem GT.

Another problem I had with my Roush was the new vehicle warranty. Every time I had an issue with it the dealer would say it was a Roush issue, and they would have to pay for it...Roush would deny it saying it was a Ford issue...and this would go on and on....It was very frustrating. I have heard Saleen does not have as many issues like this....

If you want a uniqe warrantied supercharged beast, go order a GT or GT/CS or Bullitt and have a whipple installed at your ford dealer so you can retian your 3yr 36000 mile coverage.

427R and S3.....They are beautiful cars, and if you get one I am sure you will like either, just be forewarned....
Old 2/25/08, 08:24 PM
Bullitt Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=77279

this is what I mean.....
Old 2/25/08, 08:39 PM

thanks for info

Thanks for the info... a little scarey... my dealer is both a Ford and a Roush dealer - so no passing the buck on the warranty. This car is from the Roush shop - not a bolt on. However, I am concerned about depreciation and I will certainly look into it before I make the final plunge. There are no saleen dealers around here...
Old 2/25/08, 09:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You could probably buy a GT and have your Ford dealer install the whipple and then go out and buy the Roush body kit and have a better performing car for less money. JMO
Old 2/25/08, 11:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
get the best of both. get the "BlackJack". Still a few out there. I was so, sooooooo, close on number 13 AND 66. just couldn't find a buyer for mine quick enough.
Old 2/26/08, 05:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Lenny
Thanks for the info... a little scarey... my dealer is both a Ford and a Roush dealer - so no passing the buck on the warranty. This car is from the Roush shop - not a bolt on. However, I am concerned about depreciation and I will certainly look into it before I make the final plunge. There are no saleen dealers around here...
I bought my Roush from a Ford Dealer that was an authorized Roush dealer as well. I had a Stage 1. One of my issues was the door was hitting the bottom piece of the body kit. Started around 5000 miles. Ford Door + Roush side skirt= mess!

Roush would not pay to fix it b/c they said the door was not aligned. Ford would not pay for it b/c they said the side skirt was a little warped...

So I had a 5000 mile car that took FOREVER to get fixed....Trust me, your Ford Dealer will not just start fixing something unless they know who to charge to bill too...and when two companies made a car.....they have a tendency to blame the other if something goes wrong....
Old 3/1/08, 08:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yikes this is scary......

I am building a rous on my own so warranty will never be an issue...
Old 3/1/08, 08:18 AM
V6 Member

Only issue I've had with warranty was getting the dealer to submit the claim to Roush. Another Ford dealer close by signed up with Roush and have had 0 problems since changing dealers.

As far as resale value on a Roush, well yea that sucks...
Old 3/6/08, 10:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Better decide between GT500 or Roush Black Jack, both of them I think will hold value in the future....