The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   ordering should be any week now. (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/ordering-should-any-week-now-431722/)

ZRX4ME 2/22/06 08:04 AM

My dealer told me last year that ordering should be end of feb/early march.So im hoping to get that call any week now.Info has been really scarce lately and im just dying to get my hands on that shelby this summer.My wife said yesterday"I wonder what its like driving a 475+ hp car",so she's getting antsy also.

05fordgt 2/22/06 08:14 AM

Hey Randy, I just checked again this morning, and the ordering guides are still not there. They should be out within the next week or so, since the order banks open up on March 13th. Sounds like your wife is just as excited at getting a Shelby, that's great. Hope you get one at a reasonable (MSRP) price. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

crazyhorse 2/22/06 02:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ February 22, 2006, 10:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey Randy, I just checked again this morning, and the ordering guides are still not there. They should be out within the next week or so, since the order banks open up on March 13th. Sounds like your wife is just as excited at getting a Shelby, that's great. Hope you get one at a reasonable (MSRP) price. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
So, is March 13th confirmed??? I have not heard that yet.

MilStang 2/22/06 03:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ February 22, 2006, 4:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So, is March 13th confirmed??? I have not heard that yet.
[/b][/quote]

That is what I was going to say!!! Is that RUMINT or the actual date the ordering guides will be out?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

crazyhorse 2/22/06 04:11 PM

I called SVT after seeing that. They said "mid-March." Would not say specific date. The 13th is mid.

I hope so. I'm getting antsy. This board has dried up. SVTPerformance is just a lot of fighting between the Terminator owners and perspective Shelby buyers. My wife is tired of hearing about the Shelby. My first choice dealer is talking AMV and my second choice will only sell me the first car available after his regular customers are satisfied (that dedication to the customer makes me want to buy one there if I can). Once the order banks open, I can make the deal with him. Come on order banks.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img]

This is my new favorite Smilie. It is exactly how I feel right now.

MilStang 2/22/06 09:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ February 22, 2006, 6:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I called SVT after seeing that. They said "mid-March." Would not say specific date. The 13th is mid.

I hope so. I'm getting antsy. This board has dried up. SVTPerformance is just a lot of fighting between the Terminator owners and perspective Shelby buyers. My wife is tired of hearing about the Shelby. My first choice dealer is talking AMV and my second choice will only sell me the first car available after his regular customers are satisfied (that dedication to the customer makes me want to buy one there if I can). Once the order banks open, I can make the deal with him. Come on order banks.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/panic.gif[/img]

This is my new favorite Smilie. It is exactly how I feel right now.
[/b][/quote]

Agreed!! I have a headache just from seeing what was on SVTPerformance now. So nice to come back to the much more civil site here, but still no new info.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

I hope March 13th is correct!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Route 66 2/22/06 09:50 PM

I can't handle SVTPerformance's website. Too much fighting. "Oh my Terminator so much better", or "Shelby's a pig" (isn't this pig only about 200 more pounds?) Drives me nuts...

ZRX4ME 2/23/06 08:37 AM

Jeff, thanks for the info.That gives me something to look foward to.I am getting mine for MSRP-the dealer is friends with my wife's brother and I also have bought 7 cars from this dealer group in the last 3 years(major mid life crisis).

juust wanted to put this pic here to keep us excited

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=43642

Mongoose 2/25/06 11:34 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZRX4ME @ February 23, 2006, 9:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Jeff, thanks for the info.That gives me something to look foward to.I am getting mine for MSRP-the dealer is friends with my wife's brother and I also have bought 7 cars from this dealer group in the last 3 years(major mid life crisis).

juust wanted to put this pic here to keep us excited
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=43642
[/b][/quote]

You better not hold your breath on the price on this one. Time and greed changes things so don't be pissed.
I know I will be paying over but do not know how much yet and I have purchased three new one there including two 05 GTs

1 COBRA 2/26/06 05:07 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Route 66 @ February 22, 2006, 11:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I can't handle SVTPerformance's website. Too much fighting...
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

Maybe I'll pay them a visit.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

05fordgt 2/26/06 05:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mongoose @ February 26, 2006, 1:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You better not hold your breath on the price on this one. Time and greed changes things so don't be pissed.
I know I will be paying over but do not know how much yet and I have purchased three new one there including two 05 GTs
[/b][/quote]

Bill, don't be too sure about that. At my dealership, we are a small family run store. We were at MSRP on Mustang GT's, and NEVER added anything to the factory price when they came out last year, unlike EVERY OTHER store around us. I am expecting us to get 1, yes only 1 Shelby. A customer who buys about 3 cars per year, and has been for the past 15 years or so, is getting it for MSRP, and not a penny more. If Randy has a good repore with the dealer, he most likely will get the car for list. Not all dealers are out to take advantage of a car like this, and swindle the customer. Some are actually interested in helping them, and eager to have them be a customer for life (like myself) I just had a customer of mine, who was at another dealer in our area, VERY BIG store. He told me that theyare charging $50,000 OVER MSRP [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] . IF, and this is if, this is true, that dealer makes me sick [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/puke.gif[/img] .

And yes, the order banks DO open up for order on March 13th. The ordering guides as of Saturday aren't yet out. I'll be able to check when I get in 1st thing tomorrow morning. As for the Shelby ordering guides, I would expect to see the standard Mustang ones first, then the Shelby guides later on. We'll see in a few weeks. I'll have more info soon. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

crazyhorse 2/26/06 06:18 PM

Glad to hear you are a dealer with integrity. Hope all of your customers see that and stay with you for a lifetime.

05fordgt 2/27/06 10:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ February 26, 2006, 8:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Glad to hear you are a dealer with integrity. Hope all of your customers see that and stay with you for a lifetime.
[/b][/quote]

Hey Kevin, thanks for the compliment. I was always told to treat customers the same way you want to be treated. It's a great, and true statement. I have several of my Mustang customers come in, or call me to let me know how much fun they are having with their cars. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

mrGT 2/27/06 04:50 PM

05fordgt,

Like Kevin, I hope you have a long prosperous dealership! I wish there were more dealers such as yourself, but in my experience of trying to locate a Shelby, I ran across more "greedy" dealers than not. Out of nearly 25 dealers I talked to, 3 were selling the Shelby at MSRP. But like you, they had more "good" customers that they felt obliged to give first options...then the line just got longer from there. I respect that business path over the "first come, first served" approach, as it makes good business sense, but mostly because it shows that customers are valued. I'm sure if you had more good customers wanting a Shelby, it would grind on you deciding which one should get the car. If I lived in your city, you'd have one more customer.....

Fast351 2/27/06 04:54 PM

Yeah, really glad to hear your intrested in selling cars at what Ford intended and not Raping people. I know that would never happen out here in California (MSRP Shelby). Keep up the good work, and we are all intrested in seeing those 07 ordering guides when they are available. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

By the way you'd have another customer here as well if I lived there.

crazyhorse 2/27/06 06:45 PM

A guy on SVTPerformance says his dealership has already gotten a DORA for their first one. He posted ordercodes.

SVTP Post

05fordgt 2/28/06 04:03 PM

Well everyone, I just tried the codes on our CONCEPTS vehicle ordering system, and......

IT WORKS!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

When I finished up typing the order codes in, and hit enter, I get a messge, "Vehicle Line N/A for Job #1 orders". All this means, is that you cannot submit thte orders yet, as the order banks aren't open yet.

I also figured out the convertible order codes too. For everyone who wants the 'vert; the body code is a T89. The order code is 850A, and the top code is CA. Hope this helps out those who are after a Shelby Convertible. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

crazyhorse 2/28/06 04:38 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ February 28, 2006, 6:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well everyone, I just tried the codes on our CONCEPTS vehicle ordering system, and......

IT WORKS!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

When I finished up typing the order codes in, and hit enter, I get a messge, "Vehicle Line N/A for Job #1 orders". All this means, is that you cannot submit thte orders yet, as the order banks aren't open yet.

I also figured out the convertible order codes too. For everyone who wants the 'vert; the body code is a T89. The order code is 850A, and the top code is CA. Hope this helps out those who are after a Shelby Convertible. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
WHOOO HOOOOO!

I started a thread in the GT500 section about this since it has its own forum section now.

codeman94 3/3/06 05:47 PM

March 13th, huh.....dosen't sound good. "Beware the Ides of March" -Julius Ceaser