The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   NYC Auto Show Shelby pics 3/25 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/nyc-auto-show-shelby-pics-3-25-a-404411/)

Mas35NYR 3/25/05 04:54 PM

First off, I'm not a professional cameraman so I didn't take the best photos but I tried. So please don't remind me how I stink at taking pictures! :-D
Secondly, I was trying to get in, get some pictures and get out before the "RUSH"! If you've ever been to the Auto Show here you know by 1pm it's wall to wall people. It's a mad house I tell you, a MAD HOUSE! I did manage to get a few good shots in though. I only shot 2 rolls of film. I really need a digital camera!

So here you go, enjoy the pics.

Mas35NYR 3/25/05 04:56 PM

Pictures do not do this car justice! You have to see it in person.
It's INCREDIBLE! :drool:

crazyhorse 3/25/05 05:04 PM

I'm gonna try to see it. I faxed SVT a letter today to ask about future autoshows that the car will be at. I'll post it if they send it to me.

MilStang 3/25/05 05:26 PM

Good idea! Would drive halfway across the nation to see this. :nice:

Mas35NYR 3/25/05 05:27 PM

Just a few of the other pics I took. I really like the Saturn Sky, very nice looking vert. The Charger wasn't too bad but still not to my liking. The Ferrari Spider is HOTT! The Corvette C6 looks good can't argue that. GTO looked better than the Charger but still looks like a Grand Prix. The Maybach is HUGE, might as well be a limo.

Mangler 3/25/05 08:34 PM

Nice pictures! I got a few too but since yours look good I won't post em. Hey I see the drool I left on the rotating stand the car was on.
:drool:

Wolf 3/25/05 08:39 PM

I'm going next Friday, where is the GT500 located? I want to go there first.

JZInternet 3/25/05 08:44 PM

Nothing wrong with those photos. Awesome job!

Thanks for the pics :nice:

Mangler 3/25/05 08:45 PM

Originally posted by Wolf@March 25, 2005, 9:42 PM

Did you go to last years show? It is the same place. Ford is in the front LEFT corner of the Javits Center.

Mas35NYR 3/25/05 08:52 PM

Originally posted by Wolf@March 25, 2005, 9:42 PM

First buy your tickets online. The line at the windows was huge!

Enter through the main doors and go straight, there will be ticket sales on your left and the Saleen exibit on your right. Now jump everyone since you purchased an E-Ticket :nice: and there are ticket takers for just E-Tickets. After they take your E-Ticket(did I stress the E-Ticket thing enough yet?$12.00) continue walking straight and on your left will be the Jaguar exibit and straight ahead on the main floor in all it's glory is the Shelby GT500 spinning round and round. Have fun, bring drinks and snacks(unless you like taking out a loan for a pretzel and a coke). Dress comfortably cause it gets hot in there fast with all the lights and the HUGE crowds. Don't forget to try Camp Jeep. VERY COOL! They let people drive a few of their models round an obstacle course with lots of mud, bumps and a really steep inclined and descend.

Mas35NYR 3/25/05 08:57 PM

Originally posted by Mangler@March 25, 2005, 9:37 PM
Nice pictures! I got a few too but since yours look good I won't post em. Hey I see the drool I left on the rotating stand the car was on.
:drool:

Post away! The more the merrier. Remember there are people who can't go so we have an obligation to have fun for them! :-D Plus it my daily fix as I wait for my GT to come! :crying:

:offtopic: Bogota NJ? lol My brother Kenny grew up in Bogota on Queen Anne Rd a few blocks away from his friend Kevin who lived/lives? on Walnut Ave. How old are you? My brother is 36 maybe you know each other.

Mangler 3/25/05 09:13 PM

:offtopic: Bogota NJ? lol My brother Kenny grew up in Bogota on Queen Anne Rd a few blocks away from his friend Kevin who lived/lives? on Walnut Ave. How old are you? My brother is 36 maybe you know each other.
[/quote]

More :offtopic: I am 39. Small world, I live on Walnut Ave near the train tracks. Last name?

Robert 3/25/05 10:45 PM

Great pics dude. Remember, all Shelby pics are good pics! :nice:

Is it just me, or do those 19" wheels seem small to you? The look just isn't quite right either, IMHO. Plus the rear end offset seems whimpy to me. And don't even get me started on those skinny 255 series tires. Yeesh! This thing needs 315s on the back end. :-D

Wolf 3/26/05 06:38 PM

Originally posted by Mas35NYR+March 25, 2005, 9:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mas35NYR @ March 25, 2005, 9:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Wolf@March 25, 2005, 9:42 PM

First buy your tickets online. The line at the windows was huge!

Enter through the main doors and go straight, there will be ticket sales on your left and the Saleen exibit on your right. Now jump everyone since you purchased an E-Ticket :nice: and there are ticket takers for just E-Tickets. After they take your E-Ticket(did I stress the E-Ticket thing enough yet?$12.00) continue walking straight and on your left will be the Jaguar exibit and straight ahead on the main floor in all it's glory is the Shelby GT500 spinning round and round. Have fun, bring drinks and snacks(unless you like taking out a loan for a pretzel and a coke). Dress comfortably cause it gets hot in there fast with all the lights and the HUGE crowds. Don't forget to try Camp Jeep. VERY COOL! They let people drive a few of their models round an obstacle course with lots of mud, bumps and a really steep inclined and descend.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks! No I didn't go last year, there was no Shelby Cobra GT500 there.

Mas35NYR 3/26/05 06:41 PM

2 more pix I happen to have snapped from my cell phone. No one else went ot the show? Come on people get them pictures up!

crazyhorse 3/26/05 07:10 PM

boy that blower really sits up high.

KBE 3/26/05 07:23 PM

Those are better pictures than I've seen. No logo distraction.

mr-mstng 3/26/05 07:38 PM

Originally posted by KBE@March 26, 2005, 9:26 PM

Sorry we can't accomodate you. But this prevents the pictures from being posted elsewhere without permission.

Lalo 3/26/05 08:18 PM

Thanks Michael.. those are awesome photos!

NipplelessHorse 3/26/05 11:56 PM

Really great images!

Originally posted by mr-mstng+March 26, 2005, 8:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr-mstng @ March 26, 2005, 8:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KBE@March 26, 2005, 9:26 PM

Sorry we can't accomodate you. But this prevents the pictures from being posted elsewhere without permission.
[/b][/quote]

doesn't exactly stop them from being posted else where, just means they get posted else where with a logo on top of them.