The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   how much for used 05 Saleen 281 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/how-much-used-05-saleen-281-a-430648/)

tim281 2/6/06 11:41 PM

Any ideas on how much you should pay for a used 05 Saleen with chrome wheels & upgraded brakes? It has 9,500 miles on it and everything looks brand new. I was thinking it should be worth around $32,500, but I think the guy wants more like $34,000.00

I saw a 05 gray Saleen last November listed for 34,950 in autotrader, I don't think it had any options, but it only had 2,400 miles.

Since the Shelby is going to be so hard to get, I may just go for the Saleen instead ?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
I am just afraid the Saleen will lose a lot of value over the years considering I could get a GT under x-plan for around $26,000.

tim281 2/6/06 11:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tim281 @ February 6, 2006, 10:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Any ideas on how much you should pay for a used 05 Saleen with chrome wheels & upgraded brakes? It has 9,500 miles on it and everything looks brand new. I was thinking it should be worth around $32,500, but I think the guy wants more like $34,000.00

I saw a 05 gray Saleen last November listed for 34,950 in autotrader, I don't think it had any options, but it only had 2,400 miles.

Since the Shelby is going to be so hard to get, I may just go for the Saleen instead ?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
I am just afraid the Saleen will lose a lot of value over the years considering I could get a GT under x-plan for around $26,000.
[/b][/quote]
I forgot to mention that I saw a supercharged 281 with only 209 miles going for 44,500 on e-bay. Still a bit much, but I just can't figure out what people are paying for these cars since the sticker price is so high. I think the car sticker prices must be really inflated, because I saw another dealer in Lousiana that was trying to move out his 05 Saleens on X-plan. Non supercharged were around 37K and supercharged were around 47K.
Does anyone ever offer x-plan on Saleens?

1 COBRA 2/7/06 07:38 AM

The Saleen upgrades depreciate as much as the car. $28K.

tim281 2/7/06 10:54 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ February 7, 2006, 6:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The Saleen upgrades depreciate as much as the car. $28K.
[/b][/quote]
thanks for the input.

FYI...I did a search on e-bay motors and found some closed auctions on some new Saleens that went from 34K to 36K, so that made me think the used price on this black saleen was overpriced.

mr-mstng 2/8/06 06:25 AM

Saleens depreciate rather quickly. The non SC prices drop even quicker. Look at the prices of the 99-04 ones and compare.

gregt909 2/8/06 11:00 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tim281 @ February 7, 2006, 1:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I forgot to mention that I saw a supercharged 281 with only 209 miles going for 44,500 on e-bay. Still a bit much, but I just can't figure out what people are paying for these cars since the sticker price is so high. I think the car sticker prices must be really inflated, because I saw another dealer in Lousiana that was trying to move out his 05 Saleens on X-plan. Non supercharged were around 37K and supercharged were around 47K.
Does anyone ever offer x-plan on Saleens?
[/b][/quote]

I was looking at the same '05 Saleen on Ebay. It has a "buy it now" price of 42.5K. It sure sound tempting considering what the new Shelbys are probably going to fetch.

I also saw a couple new '06 Supercharged Saleens listed. I thought about bidding on one. Do you think 45K would be too much to pay???

AnotherMustangMan 2/8/06 01:30 PM

Just get a GT, buy the Saleen body crap if thats what youre into, throw a KB blower on it and give the rest to charity...or me.

tim281 2/8/06 08:44 PM

I think the Shelbys are going to be almost impossible to get for the first year and you know all the dealers are going to want tons extra over sticker.

I would have bought a Saleen by now if they were priced for what they are really worth. It is comical to see what dealers are trying to ask for the Saleen Mustangs. Saleen really needs to have a 6 speed tranny included with the car for the prices they want.
It is ridiculus to see buy it now price for 60K...who do they think they are fooling.

I would pick up a used S281 if it had low miles and the price was right, but I don't want to be the one taking the depreciation hit off the lot. If I could find one for around 30-32K with 5000 miles, I think that may be worth it??

Lenster 2/8/06 10:06 PM

I here what you are saying.. I also have been looking at the used saleens as well but I am looking for convertible.. But I really want the shelby cause you know that they will hold there value alot better. Was also considering the roush as well....