The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   Hard Production figures for the GT500 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/hard-production-figures-gt500-430692/)

crispy23c 2/8/06 07:41 AM

Just checking. A guy I know called SVT the other day, and they indicated that due to high demand, they were going to produce 10,000 the first year, most likely 10,000 the second year. Has anyone heard this or different recently? By the way, the anticipated split was 70/30, coupes & convertibles. Gives me hope to get one at MSRP! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Arboc 2/8/06 06:33 PM

the line they were giving at NAIAS was between 7k and 14k per year for at least 2 years - so 10k fits in your senario

i like the 14k number [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

how many SVT dealers in north america - about 800?

14,000/800

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

StangNut 2/8/06 06:58 PM

10,000 is the same number I was told just last week.
But today I also heard they stopped pre-production for a few days because of a problem with the engine. Production has restarted though.

Route 66 2/8/06 08:20 PM

Where are the pre-production vehicles being made?

V10 2/9/06 04:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Route 66 @ February 8, 2006, 10:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Where are the pre-production vehicles being made?
[/b][/quote]

As posted elsewhere on TMS, they are being built @ AAI

futuresvt 2/13/06 07:28 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Arboc @ February 8, 2006, 8:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

how many SVT dealers in north america - about 800?

14,000/800
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I recall that the car is no longer limited to SVT dealers, but is open to all. Thus, if there are about 4000 ( I recall seeing this # somewhere, but don't know where or if accurate) ford dealers in US and only 10K cars, that unfortunately still comes out to ~ 2.5 cars per dealer...

crap.

mrGT 2/13/06 09:11 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(futuresvt @ February 13, 2006, 8:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I recall that the car is no longer limited to SVT dealers, but is open to all. Thus, if there are about 4000 ( I recall seeing this # somewhere, but don't know where or if accurate) ford dealers in US and only 10K cars, that unfortunately still comes out to ~ 2.5 cars per dealer...

crap.
[/b][/quote]
For non-SVT dealers to get a Shelby they must certify thru Ford. According to a non-SVT dealer in my home town, his mechanics would have to attend special training courses, he would have to buy some specialty tools, and he would have to stock some specialty parts. According to him, that would cost him $8-10,000....just to get one Shelby. He couldn't see doing it. This makes sense to me as I've heard it takes about that much for an SVT dealer to keep his certification each year. Just think about it.....would you like untrained mechanics touching your Shelby? I've been told that the trained mechanics were having a tough time with the earlier Cobras.

You may have a couple dozen non-SVT dealers certifying, but I doubt you see a mass stampede to do so. The only ones I can think of are those that may want to become an SVT dealer in the future, otherwise, that non-SVT dealer would have to add his costs to the sticker of the Shelby. That's what my home town dealer said he'd have to do. He had a lot of inquiries, but no one willing to pay the extra.....so he's not going do it.

pvillepiper 2/14/06 11:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrGT @ February 13, 2006, 10:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
For non-SVT dealers to get a Shelby they must certify thru Ford. According to a non-SVT dealer in my home town, his mechanics would have to attend special training courses, he would have to buy some specialty tools, and he would have to stock some specialty parts. According to him, that would cost him $8-10,000....just to get one Shelby. He couldn't see doing it. This makes sense to me as I've heard it takes about that much for an SVT dealer to keep his certification each year. Just think about it.....would you like untrained mechanics touching your Shelby? I've been told that the trained mechanics were having a tough time with the earlier Cobras.

You may have a couple dozen non-SVT dealers certifying, but I doubt you see a mass stampede to do so. The only ones I can think of are those that may want to become an SVT dealer in the future, otherwise, that non-SVT dealer would have to add his costs to the sticker of the Shelby. That's what my home town dealer said he'd have to do. He had a lot of inquiries, but no one willing to pay the extra.....so he's not going do it.
[/b][/quote]
I have not checked back with my local dealer lately but according to him Ford was considering opening up the Cobra to non SVT dealers. This was in early January when I spoke to him last and he expected some clarification soon. He did feel that the non SVT dealers would be the last ones getting their alotment if they were going to be allowed to sell the Cobra.

crazyhorse 2/14/06 01:49 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pvillepiper @ February 14, 2006, 2:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have not checked back with my local dealer lately but according to him Ford was considering opening up the Cobra to non SVT dealers. This was in early January when I spoke to him last and he expected some clarification soon. He did feel that the non SVT dealers would be the last ones getting their alotment if they were going to be allowed to sell the Cobra.
[/b][/quote]
Even if they are allowed, and they are supposed to be, they will still have to certify to sell and service the cars. It is also my understanding that the current SVT and SVT focus dealers will get preference for the first round.

KBE 2/14/06 10:50 PM

Not sure about Cobras, but their was a letter from Ford Management posting the exact formula for the allotment of the GT500's a few months ago. Anybody remember where it is?

crazyhorse 2/15/06 08:57 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KBE @ February 15, 2006, 12:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Not sure about Cobras, but their was a letter from Ford Management posting the exact formula for the allotment of the GT500's a few months ago. Anybody remember where it is?
[/b][/quote]
Here

We should make this a sticky until new news comes out.

Hollywood_North GT 2/15/06 03:48 PM

I love this quote: "...it is important to appropriately manage the expectations of your customers..."

Maybe instead of trying to "manage" (read: "handle") customers, Ford should be trying to acquire new ones. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]

mr-mstng 2/15/06 05:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crazyhorse @ February 15, 2006, 11:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here

We should make this a sticky until new news comes out.
[/b][/quote]

Done.

Arboc 2/15/06 06:20 PM

so it is correct to say that they will only go to existing SVT dealers, or to those that become SVT certified

budgreen3564 2/23/06 11:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ February 9, 2006, 5:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
As posted elsewhere on TMS, they are being built @ AAI
[/b][/quote]

i heard 8,000 units with close to 50/50 split

crispy23c 2/23/06 12:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(budgreen3564 @ February 23, 2006, 1:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i heard 8,000 units with close to 50/50 split
[/b][/quote]
no, no, no. 70/30 coupe & 'vert...or very close. The quesiton is: how many total/year?

crazyhorse 2/23/06 01:46 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(crispy23c @ February 23, 2006, 2:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
no, no, no. 70/30 coupe & 'vert...or very close. The quesiton is: how many total/year?
[/b][/quote]
Everytime I ask, SVT says up to 13 or 14k with a minimum of 7-9k. I think it all depends on actual orders. The hype is high and Ford could think "let's make a million of 'em", but, they learned with the Terms not to over-produce them.