The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   Dealer allocation (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/dealer-allocation-417168/)

Route 66 8/23/05 07:13 PM

I know this has been talked about before. But after talking with my SVT dealer, I'm not getting my hopes up for a 07 Cobra. They are pretty upset as an SVT dealer and more than likely will only see 3 to 5 Cobras. 5500 will be going to all dealerships around the country (1 per dealer). Hopefully he is wrong and this will change. John has sold two FORD GT supercars, and always seems to have decent and accurate information. I know, dealerships don't know anything, and I hope that's the case here. If every dealer gets one, think what each greedy dealership will do with that one Cobra.
I might have to start looking at superchargers for my 06 when it comes in. I don't want to pay over MSRP, and I can't imagine price coming down for a good 2 years. John mentioned that FORD is doing this because of anti-trust lawsuits that have to do with SVT dealerships. Does any of this make sense to anyone. Please help me out and tell me I'll have a Cobra sitting in the garage 1 year from now. Argh. :bang:

lodom 8/24/05 06:16 AM

I wish I had heard better news. It is going to be extremely hard to get a Shelby, unless you've got the $$$$ to pay a mark-up over sticker and are lucky enough to get on a list. If the car is in high demand, maybe Ford will step up production for 07. I'm not even considering one any more.

MustangFanatic 8/24/05 05:54 PM

I agree the, Shelby's will not be readily available. I don't think the picture will be as gloomy as we might anticipate. While some dealer will mark the cars up through the roof, there will be dealers selling for MSRP. I don't anticipate the car will be sold for any less than MSRP so anyone out there thinking they will get the X-plan on their Shelby is probably in for a surprise.

Anyone who wants one WILL be able to get one, you just may not be the first one on the block. I'm more than willing to wait to get exactly the Shelby I want, I don't have to be first. I don't ever intend on selling the car once I get it so I'm willing to be patient to achieve my desired goal.

If you want to be first, expect to pay.

MilStang 8/24/05 07:34 PM

Agree, this car will be a keeper for many years and I am willing to wait to get the color, options (if available) and price (MSRP)

I don't have to be first, it would be just nice to get it in the first year.

:nice:

Shelby Roadster 8/24/05 09:55 PM

Wait until the second year and pay X plan.

Route 66 8/26/05 02:04 PM

Originally posted by Shelby Roadster@August 24, 2005, 9:58 PM
Wait until the second year and pay X plan.

That's what everyone said about the Mustang GT. Just wait six months. It's just as hard today to get a GT as it was this time last year. Even less dealers are allowing xplan on Mustang GT's.

MustangFanatic 8/26/05 07:32 PM

Originally posted by Route 66@August 26, 2005, 2:07 PM
That's what everyone said about the Mustang GT. Just wait six months. It's just as hard today to get a GT as it was this time last year. Even less dealers are allowing xplan on Mustang GT's.

There will always be exceptions to the rule, but for the majority of us, we will NOT be able to ever purchase the Shelby for X-Plan. The demand for the car will simply not allow that to happen in any widespread fashion.

crazyhorse 8/27/05 05:54 AM

Originally posted by MustangFanatic@August 26, 2005, 8:35 PM
There will always be exceptions to the rule, but for the majority of us, we will NOT be able to ever purchase the Shelby for X-Plan. The demand for the car will simply not allow that to happen in any widespread fashion.

I disagree. I think the market will catch up. The Mustang GTs are more mainstream. the new styling has really drawn people out of the woodwork and it is taking a long time to catch up. The $40k Shelby will rule out a lot of those "wow, that is a really cool car" people. There will be some "wow, it is a Shelby" people, but, I think far fewer. Especially, when they see the price tag. Year 1 will probably not see big discounts, but, I bet year 2 will.

Thunder Road 8/27/05 04:01 PM

I wish you were right.. who knows you might be.. but I dont believe for a minute that "everyone who wants one will get one.... I still see them in the 50-60K range and there are plenty of folks who WILL pay that.

00Vert54X 8/27/05 05:45 PM

My dealer was telling me that he expects to get maybe 6-7 Shelby's. He said Ford gives an extra car for previous SVT dealers, President's club, Blueoval Cert and some other things that must be backroom dealer info. Bad news for me is they already have 10 people on their list.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if 91 octane fuel hits $3.50 p/gallon by next summer then maybe a few deposit holders will back out :-D :-D

MustangFanatic 8/29/05 11:23 AM

Originally posted by crazyhorse@August 27, 2005, 5:57 AM
I disagree. I think the market will catch up. The Mustang GTs are more mainstream. the new styling has really drawn people out of the woodwork and it is taking a long time to catch up. The $40k Shelby will rule out a lot of those "wow, that is a really cool car" people. There will be some "wow, it is a Shelby" people, but, I think far fewer. Especially, when they see the price tag. Year 1 will probably not see big discounts, but, I bet year 2 will.

I hope you are right and there are discounts offered (or at least no more "market adjustments") by the 2nd year of production.

Given the intense interest in the GT, I can't see the market falling off significantly for the Shelby, even with the higher base price. As long as the demand outstrips the supply, the prices will remain at or above MSRP. The wildcard in all of this is the impact of higher oil prices. If higher prices at the pump soften the demand, the availability and size of the discounts will rise.

Here's hoping we all get our Shelby for the X-Plan price.... :cheers:

eurostyle 8/29/05 10:02 PM

You guys forgot something and lets do the math.
The car is not going to be under 40K, more likely 42.950, on the conservative side lets say the dealer is getting 5K more, that's 47.950, add tax & license and it is at 52.700 plus 3K more for being a gas guzzler and we are at 55.700
Time to look for a vette:):)

FiaCobra 8/31/05 01:01 AM

Not every Ford dealer is getting a Shelby. Only dealers who are already SVT dealers and those who "qualify" to become an SVT dealer.

But even so, most SVT dealers may only see 3 cars. I'm #4 at my dealer so i hope they get an extra one for top sales or something.

exarkun 9/2/05 05:32 PM

What I am hoping for is a release of a GT 350 ( a super charger delete ) - just give me all motor and keep the price in the high 30s. Its hard to predict what the availablity will be but I will be pacient and wait ... who knows after a few more years; another mustang series just may appear ...

...a new generation BOSS mustang in 2009 ( 40 year aniveristy? )

...GT 350s priced for more people?

...A standard cobra GT?

oh mighty cyrstal ball ... tell me all

MedVader 9/2/05 09:00 PM

Originally posted by exarkun@September 2, 2005, 5:35 PM
What I am hoping for is a release of a GT 350 ( a super charger delete ) - just give me all motor and keep the price in the high 30s. Its hard to predict what the availablity will be but I will be pacient and wait ... who knows after a few more years; another mustang series just may appear ...

...a new generation BOSS mustang in 2009 ( 40 year aniveristy? )

...GT 350s priced for more people?

...A standard cobra GT?

oh mighty cyrstal ball ... tell me all

High '30s for a N/A iron block 5.4 with a solid rear axle? You sure don't expect much for your money.

An aluminum block 6.0 GTO with IRS that'll make 20 more hp than the DOHC 5.4 is low '30s.

Moondog 9/3/05 08:35 AM

$4.00/gal * 12 gallons/tank @ 12 -15 MPG + insurance = :eek: this may tempor the demand quickly after the initial "got to haves" have bought theirs. I am still worried about the price - Cobras have alway been priced under the Roush & Saleen SC versions - but daaaaaymn the price of them is so high Ford has a lot of room to play with pricing. IMHO

00Vert54X 9/5/05 08:43 PM

I just got back from my local dealer. Three weeks ago they had six deposits thinking he would get maybe 6 cars. Today they have returned all deposits to customers because they were told that they expect only one Shelby per dealer. They said that Ford is issuing different information but if you stick to the 7000 units then that only comes out to 1.5 cars per dealer in the country. The dealer said this info was coming from the Denver Regional Rep. My dealer said he expects the demand to be so high that no dealer will be willing to trade or sell to another dealer unless the markup is very high.
:dunno: :crying: :scratch: