The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   DC Auto Show (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/dc-auto-show-429704/)

Vet4Victory 1/24/06 08:24 PM

Both the Challenger concept and the Shelby GT 500 show well. If Dodge produces a Challenger close to this concept and at the price of a mustang GT convertible, they will take some of Ford's market. It is a sweet looking car.

Vet4Victory 1/24/06 08:32 PM

More...

SVTpower 1/24/06 08:47 PM

:nice:

I'll admit, the Challenger does look good and it will do well if produced..........much better than the screwup 4 door !!!!! Charger.......what a mistake. Now for the Stang, can someone if they know tell me what name of that color red that is??? Is it the same as the March concept red color and is that the one available for production. thanks

mrGT 1/24/06 09:06 PM

The red for the production Shelby is called "Colorado Red" which is the same as "Torch Red". I wished they would have used a more brilliant red....maybe a "screaming red", if you will.

Don't know what red was on the concept car.

SVTpower 1/24/06 09:14 PM

:dunno:

.............ok, the concept red is what I want if anyone knows, but if that one isn't the option, well then I go to choice 2 or 3, white or black.

Brad, do you know the concept red color name and if that's the production red????

MilStang 1/24/06 09:17 PM

Concept red was called SVT red in everything I read originally. No idea if it is the same as Colorado red, but I doubt it since it doesn't look like Torch red.

:dunno:

kevinb120 1/24/06 09:22 PM

Its about time they moved the DC auto show's date. Untill this year they only had last-year's show cars because it was before NAIAS :nice: DC was tradionally one of the worst shows of the year.

Hollywood_North GT 1/25/06 02:52 AM

What is UP with that 4X4 ride height on the Shelby? Is this what we're getting...or was the car they showed in Detroit, "not really quite the exact car you're gonna get."

Clem 1/25/06 01:54 PM

Originally posted by BC_Shelby@January 25, 2006, 3:55 AM
What is UP with that 4X4 ride height on the Shelby? Is this what we're getting...or was the car they showed in Detroit, "not really quite the exact car you're gonna get."

I just returned from the DC show where I spent a good while talking to a Ford rep about the GT500 on display. The car does ride about as high a stock GT because, well, it mostly is. I got suspicious after checking out the exhaust which I found to be identical to the stock GT. I was expecting X-pipe and saw H-pipe. The mufflers are just standard GT ones painted flat black. I asked the rep about the powertrain and he said it is NOT sporting a blower. The hood stayed closed for that reason. This prototype appeared to be just a dressed up GT. I was bummed. I wanted to see hardware!

The Challenger Concept car is pretty cool - a little bigger than I expected. The wheels + tires on that things are huge! :shock:

crazyhorse 1/25/06 02:32 PM

The ride height on the White/Blue at NAIAS was perfect. I don't think you will see these on 4X4 magazine.

V10 1/25/06 05:14 PM

Originally posted by Clem@January 25, 2006, 2:57 PM
The Challenger Concept car is pretty cool - a little bigger than I expected. The wheels + tires on that things are huge! :shock:

As we discussed here before, the Challenger is HUGE!

It is 10" longer, 8" wider & 3" higher & 600 lb heavier than a S-195 Mustang.

Hollywood_North GT 1/25/06 05:58 PM

Originally posted by crazyhorse@January 25, 2006, 2:35 PM
The ride height on the White/Blue at NAIAS was perfect. I don't think you will see these on 4X4 magazine.

Yeah, but to reiterate my question: Does anybody know if we're getting the ride height at NAIAS, or the "Ford Bronco" ride height from DC?

If it's the latter, then the NAIAS "production" car is not ACTUALLY a true, final production model.

TomServo92 1/25/06 06:21 PM

Originally posted by BC_Shelby@January 25, 2006, 7:01 PM
Yeah, but to reiterate my question: Does anybody know if we're getting the ride height at NAIAS, or the "Ford Bronco" ride height from DC?

If it's the latter, then the NAIAS "production" car is not ACTUALLY a true, final production model.

If you'd have read what Clem wrote, I think you'd have the answer. The car in DC was actually a GT dressed up like GT500, not an actual GT500 like in NAIAS.

AnotherMustangMan 1/25/06 06:42 PM

YESSSS. SOMETHING EXCITING AT DC. IVE BEEN WAITING 4 YEARS FOR THIS.

firststang 1/25/06 07:51 PM

Rep @ NAIAS upon being questioned about the dash of the blue and white one said that they had only produced two of them (being the GT500 production. So if that's true, you are seeing a dressy GT and the NAIAS will be the actual ride hight.

Hollywood_North GT 1/26/06 12:14 AM

Originally posted by firststang@January 25, 2006, 7:54 PM
Rep @ NAIAS upon being questioned about the dash of the blue and white one said that they had only produced two of them (being the GT500 production. So if that's true, you are seeing a dressy GT and the NAIAS will be the actual ride hight.

Thanks guys. Was hoping to hear that. :nice:

Arboc 1/26/06 09:03 AM

Originally posted by crazyhorse@January 25, 2006, 4:35 PM
The ride height on the White/Blue at NAIAS was perfect.

agreed :-D

MilStang 1/26/06 03:16 PM

Originally posted by AnotherMustangMan@January 25, 2006, 7:45 PM
YESSSS. SOMETHING EXCITING AT DC. IVE BEEN WAITING 4 YEARS FOR THIS.

All the violence and fights are not exciting?!?

...and that is just in Congress.

:jester:

RPM 2/16/06 01:11 PM

From the 2006 Chicago Auto Show...

http://hoigto.com/2006chicagoautoshow/

Arboc 2/16/06 06:25 PM

did the DC car have the GT500 brakes or the GT brakes? - just wondering how far ford is going to try and fool the autoshow going public