Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

CS 6 turn key car - any info

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/06, 09:22 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am pretty interested in the CS 6. I pretty much like everything about it except for the exterior graphics.

And I was wondering if anyone knows more information about when a turn-key CS 6 will be available. Right now it looks like you can purchase all the parts from Shelby American, but if I pull the trigger on something like this I really want it to be a complete turn-key car.

Also, does anyone know if the CS 6 package adds anything to the interior, new seats, etc?

Thanks in advance!
Old 4/20/06, 10:04 AM
GT Member

Well, I am not 100 percent sure, but I have been doing some research on this car too and as far as a turn-key, the only thing I can find is that " It will be available in the near future".

As far as interior, I believe all that you get is a plaque that mounts between the center climate vents just above the power point. I also believe that there are two billet plates that mount where the door arm rests are. Not the armrest themselves mind you, but where the leather insert panel goes on the door. Hope that helps some.
Old 4/20/06, 10:48 AM
GT Member

That does help some.

So, then from the looks of things, it would appear that you should order the IUP package and leather seats, etc if that is what you want from the dealership before you send things over to Shelby.

If it ends up being that the package is the only way to go, I just want to make sure I do not end up ordering things from Ford (and thereby raise the price of the car) that just end up being replaced anyway.

Also, does anyone know if Shelby American will do the labor, and if so how much it costs, or if you need find some other shop?

And as a point of interest to some, I emailed Shelby American w/all these questions, but they have yet to get back to me...Brad or AmyB any help?
Old 4/20/06, 01:46 PM
Cam Tease

Oh, Shelby is ignoring potential customers? THATS a recent development. Do yourself a favor and take your money elsewhere.
Old 4/20/06, 06:30 PM
GT Member

AMM, sounds like you are talking from experience...

I can never really make up my mind what my next Mustang will be. I started getting excited about the CS6, but all this non-info about the car has put me off.

I can almost see myself waiting until 2008 to see if we get a real SE, but I dunno
Old 4/28/06, 09:31 AM
KBE
V6 Member

I emailed them also a couple of months ago . . . no reply.
Old 5/10/06, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I visited ShelbyAmerican last November in Las Vegas. They were very friendly and seemed excited about the CS6, but they seemed a little short-handed. I kept getting told to bring my car in and they'd do the work, so I am sure that they are willing to do that. It's $15k for the package, labor not included, and I didn't get a labor quote. They said that they would "Shelbyize" a GT or a convertible as well. They let me look over the CS6 you see on the website, but not take pics. I liked it better in person, but kinda turned my nose up at the graphics. I was surprised that they were very interested in my opinions, and were willing to change anything I didn't like. They acted like they'd love to get some business, so it's wierd that they don't respond when customers try to contact them. I'd love to have anything with Shelby's name on it, but I think this is overpriced.