The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   Cervinis (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/cervinis-401482/)

DrunkenDragon713 2/22/05 11:19 AM

anyone know any info on when they'll finish making the Eleanor look-a-like?

slavehand 2/22/05 12:15 PM

Nope, and their website doesn't have anything released either. Just says "Don't blink, Eleanor is comming".

Stang281 2/22/05 02:24 PM

I emailed them a while back and posted it in a thread, i'll see if I can dig it up.

Here it is:
Cervini's Eleanor Body Kit: "Hello. The Kit should be available sometime next spring. We don’t have much information on it as of right now but please check back with us early next year."

So you might want to email them since it's "early next year" right now.

AnotherMustangMan 2/23/05 01:16 PM

I have blinked quite a few times since the last time Cervini has updated that with Eleanor and im pretty sure i havent missed her...

acadian 2/23/05 01:43 PM

No, and you won't. I have a feeling it will be at least another couple months. These things always take longer than expected.

slegos888 2/23/05 02:24 PM

i dont think it will happen this year at all......if they knew what was goin on they would let people know....they want people to buy it....not giving any info means its far from completion

1 COBRA 2/23/05 02:33 PM

Originally posted by DrunkenDragon713@February 22, 2005, 1:22 PM
anyone know any info on when they'll finish making the Eleanor look-a-like?

With so many after market parts and good taste body kits available, you can built one right now. Probably even better than Cervini's.

acadian 3/4/05 08:23 AM

You can't build an '05 Mustang into an Eleanor clone unless you can fabricate your own fiberglass pieces. :drunk:

adrenalin 3/4/05 08:49 AM

Cervini has stated several times, at least in emails to me and other members that their kit will not be rushed as they want it to be perfect. I see lots of kits out there where it is obvious that they are aftermarket, such as the CDC spoiler. Just look at the 3/8" lip it leaves near the taillights. I really am anxious to see the Cervini kit but have no problems waiting for it too look right.

Sure there are other kits out there but I will use the Street Scene window louvers as an example. Several people bought them and liked them because they wanted side window louvers. Myself and others have waited, and still waiting mind you we have orders placed, for louvers from MRT. They are definately nicer looking and MRT is taking their time making them because they want them just right.

S197 GT 3/4/05 05:01 PM

Good point adrenalin. Quality is more important than punctuality. Get it right the first time no matter how long it takes.

steve19970 3/4/05 07:14 PM

Agreed. Sometimes I think we forget that we're on the leading edge of what's going to be several years of this body style, so there's plenty of time to get it right.

Vegasjay 3/4/05 10:06 PM

Expectation's are going to be very high for this kit. I also think Cervini's is doing right to take thier time, with this one. :nice:

Cthulhu 3/6/05 12:42 AM

are there any pics of what Cervinis has got so far? and does anyone havean idea to what kind of price this will have, if you can buy the pieces seperately, and what kind of spoiler it will be? If it was a bolt on, theres no reason to expect it to be any better than CDC. If they're making a molded trunk piece or something, then thats a different ballgame

Cthulhu 3/6/05 12:58 AM

ok- looking at the cervinis concept drawing of eleanor, and reading stangnet (sorry - just looking everywhere for info :hiding: ) and if you have better info than me, please correct me, but - I've heard, and it looks to be true from the drawing, that the ducktail will be a three-piece, just like Xenon's, which looks like total crap (IMHO) The hood will obviously not be functional, or even resemble a 67 shelby (couldn't they even bolt a scoop on the top of it, just to humor us?) These don't seem like quality products to me, or at least nothing superior to whats already available. The only thing thats really piquing my interest are the side scoops-they look pretty 67 Shelby to me - if what i've seen/heard is right, those'd be the only pieces I'd want. If anyone has more info, please tell me- but I don't equate that hood and that spoiler with superior products that require so much more time.

Stang281 3/6/05 01:54 AM

Originally posted by Cthulhu@March 6, 2005, 3:01 AM
ok- looking at the cervinis concept drawing of eleanor, and reading stangnet (sorry - just looking everywhere for info :hiding: ) and if you have better info than me, please correct me, but - I've heard, and it looks to be true from the drawing, that the ducktail will be a three-piece, just like Xenon's, which looks like total crap (IMHO) The hood will obviously not be functional, or even resemble a 67 shelby (couldn't they even bolt a scoop on the top of it, just to humor us?) These don't seem like quality products to me, or at least nothing superior to whats already available. The only thing thats really piquing my interest are the side scoops-they look pretty 67 Shelby to me - if what i've seen/heard is right, those'd be the only pieces I'd want. If anyone has more info, please tell me- but I don't equate that hood and that spoiler with superior products that require so much more time.

Uhh, because they are going to wait to release everything at once, instead of releasing little by little.

Do you see the front bumper, side skirts? No one has made anything similar to that.

Oh and, the hood is similar to the Eleanor GT500. Hence the title..."Don't blink, Eleanor is coming"

Stang281 3/6/05 01:55 AM

http://www.cervinis.com/images/elenrteasr.jpg

Cthulhu 3/6/05 03:51 AM

Ok, revised questions: What question of mine was your first "answer" in response to? I wasn't asking why it was taking so long - it always takes a while for a complete body kit - CDC took forever just for the spoiler and a few other goodies.
No, I had missed the side exhaust pipes actually, thanks for pointing them out - think they'll be functional, or is this bodykit just aesthetic?
Wasn't saying the other pieces weren't different, just don't think they are "superior" (read - higher quality than comparable products, namely, the aforementioned CDC ducktail)
and a new question - is this the same company that came out with the original Eleanor body kit for the 67s?

Stang281 3/10/05 02:42 PM

Originally posted by Cthulhu@March 6, 2005, 5:54 AM
Ok, revised questions: What question of mine was your first "answer" in response to? I wasn't asking why it was taking so long - it always takes a while for a complete body kit - CDC took forever just for the spoiler and a few other goodies.
No, I had missed the side exhaust pipes actually, thanks for pointing them out - think they'll be functional, or is this bodykit just aesthetic?
Wasn't saying the other pieces weren't different, just don't think they are "superior" (read - higher quality than comparable products, namely, the aforementioned CDC ducktail)
and a new question - is this the same company that came out with the original Eleanor body kit for the 67s?

The first answer was to why they don't release it piece by piece.

Not sure, probably functional.

Nope, it was another company.

BTW, sorry for being kind of a smart alek(elek?) earlier and not answering this post sooner.

Stang281 3/10/05 03:00 PM

Just a quick edit with MS Paint to see what it would look like with a smaller ducktail.

http://img205.exs.cx/img205/8404/cer...eleanor6af.png

runfox 3/10/05 03:57 PM

Well up till now I have been waiting for Cervini or Blow By Racing to give us something. I want the 68 Shelby GT500 look. I dont care for the Elenor hood I mainly want the front air dam with oil cooler cutout. Thats the one piece that I have not seen anywhere yet. I think the CDC rear ductail looks pretty good and Performance West side scoop looks good. The Street Scene rear bumper and side pieces look good too. It would be nice to get it all from one company. Now that I have seen the Ronele kit Im wanting it big time. http://www.ronaelemustang.com/index.htm If their body kit looks as good as the photochop on their site, I think they nailed the look I want exactly. The front end it the main thing, I love the oil cooler cutout in the front bumper with the fog lights down low. Thats the Shelby look I want. I'm going to be talking to them and see what they got and what the body kit costs!