The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   Canx of mach and adrenalin? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/canx-mach-adrenalin-429946/)

MilStang 1/27/06 06:49 PM

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=252393

Just thought I would post this over here and see what all of you thought. The original poster is usually pretty accurate on what he has put on SVTPerformance before.

Could this be right or more RUMINT? (Rumor Intelligence)

:dunno:

korinwoodo 1/27/06 06:51 PM

I think its the RUMINT, otherwise known as :bs:

AFBLUE 1/27/06 07:02 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :crying:

If there is not going to be a Mach in 08 then here is my next car (my version of a S-197 Mach 1)

MilStang 1/27/06 07:03 PM

I'm leaning that way as well Colin but thought people here would like to see it as well.

I also agree about the alternate RUMINT title!

:jester:

KBE 1/27/06 10:09 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Where's our inside scoop on these vehicles???

TomServo92 1/27/06 10:29 PM

Brad, care to comment on this one?

jhenderson29 1/28/06 01:48 AM

I really hope this isnt true. :crying: :bang: :notnice:
Brad, can you confirm this?

ArkAngelx3 1/28/06 09:17 PM

You guys have nothing better to do, then comment on this nonsense? Why don't i add flame to this fire. Hey i heard they were going to cancel the Mustang......(that has about us much fact and information to back it up as did that svtperformance post)

korinwoodo 1/28/06 09:19 PM

Originally posted by ArkAngelx3@January 28, 2006, 11:20 PM
You guys have nothing better to do, then comment on this nonsense? Why don't i add flame to this fire. Hey i heard they were going to cancel the Mustang......(that has about us much fact and information to back it up as did that svtperformance post)

Because the cancellation of those cars is actually possible, as they are still (hopefully) in development. You cant seriously compare that to cancelling the Mustang, one of Ford's biggest sellers for the past 2 years at least. Its like saying that the peanut butter you just bought today tastes better than the batch theyre making next week.

ecmazza 1/28/06 09:34 PM

I could see this being true IF it just means that the Mach 1, etc was cancelled for the 2005-2008 body style, and instead some SE will be released to come w/the 2009 reskinning and the hips!

I think this could be the case, esp. if the Shelby is really only a 2 yr run, Shelby stops production, but to keep excitement up the 'stang gets a little refresh and a sweet SE...just a thought though....

jhenderson29 1/28/06 10:37 PM

Originally posted by ArkAngelx3@January 28, 2006, 10:20 PM

Hey ArkAngel, guess what this is a message board ,where we talk about, are you ready for this... MUSTANGS!.

That includes speculation, rumors and all that other good stuff.
I dont appreciate your condescending tone!!

AFBLUE 1/28/06 11:35 PM

Just to preclude this thread going south, please take any further personal comments about opinions of each other to PMs.

KBE 1/29/06 01:11 AM

Originally posted by jhenderson29@January 28, 2006, 10:40 PM
Hey ArkAngel, guess what this is a message board ,where we talk about, are you ready for this... MUSTANGS!.

That includes speculation, rumors and all that other good stuff.
I dont appreciate your condescending tone!!

:nice:

svtbird91 1/29/06 05:06 AM

Originally posted by ecmazza@January 29, 2006, 12:37 AM
I could see this being true IF it just means that the Mach 1, etc was cancelled for the 2005-2008 body style, and instead some SE will be released to come w/the 2009 reskinning and the hips!

I think this could be the case, esp. if the Shelby is really only a 2 yr run, Shelby stops production, but to keep excitement up the 'stang gets a little refresh and a sweet SE...just a thought though....

This might be possible ,but I think the word "cancelled " should have been "postponed" or "delayed". any way I hope Ford isn't that foolish as to in any way abandon their performance car division ie: SVT!!!
This would leave DC and the import segment free to steel many away from Ford thus preventing their recovery and hastening their demise.IMHO :bang:

Tony Alonso 1/29/06 06:26 AM

"Delayed" would be my guess as well. From a business case standpoint, and if the timeline for the next update (late 2008) holds true, it makes sense to wait. There is really not a lot of time to work on a different powertrain between now and then. I would guess Ford needs all the cash flow it can get with the current situation.

I do hope that this particular post within the thread is not accurate.

crispy23c 1/29/06 06:42 AM

That is the exact one that worried me... :crying:

d_mackey 1/29/06 11:23 AM

I'm not sure how the national media is covering the domestic auto industry but here in Detroit it has been very sobering. Ford announced that it lost money in automotive operations in North America. It also announced that 14 plants will close and up to 30K+ employees would be affected. This past week 1000 whitecollar employees were let go including engineers in all areas. GM announced a few days later that they lost $9 billion this past year.

Ford and GM need to get healthy first and foremost. They have a real cashflow problem and their debt ratings keep getting downgraded which will exacerbate the crunch. It would not surprise me if this will have an impact on all product lines including new projects like Camaro and high performance niche products. While these products are important to us, in the grand scheme of things its probably much lower priority than keeping SAAB, Saturn, Mercury, and Lincoln afloat.

One thing that DaimlerChrysler does well is they've consolidated their racing operations, MOPAR performance parts, and SRT into one business unit. Ford Racing, aftermarket parts, and SVT are all standalone operations. The same is true with GM. They don't even use the same branding strategy.... Cadillac V-series, Saturn Redline, Chevy SS, Pontiac GTP.... In this time of crisis they need to consolidate their fragmented approach and figure out how to get more products out more efficiently.

svtbird91 1/29/06 07:29 PM

Originally posted by d_mackey@January 29, 2006, 2:26 PM

One thing that DaimlerChrysler does well is they've consolidated their racing operations, MOPAR performance parts, and SRT into one business unit. Ford Racing, aftermarket parts, and SVT are all standalone operations. The same is true with GM. They don't even use the same branding strategy.... Cadillac V-series, Saturn Redline, Chevy SS, Pontiac GTP.... In this time of crisis they need to consolidate their fragmented approach and figure out how to get more products out more efficiently.

Sounds like good business sence to me. There are many areas that Ford needs to address. One I thing is ,they need to do a better job at reaching their target buyers, by building cars that people want.
Example: Fusion, 1st year -no AWD, also no- Manual trans / v-6 engine . , Ford 500 nice car but under powered compared to comp.
It always seems they do everything only 90% never 100%
:dunno:

mach1fever 1/29/06 09:45 PM

BS pure and simple. Oh and the bullitt wasn't in the offing as far as I know.

Roger

Hollywood_North GT 2/1/06 06:34 PM

Originally posted by mach1fever@January 29, 2006, 8:48 PM
BS pure and simple. Oh and the bullitt wasn't in the offing as far as I know.

Roger

Yeah, I think so, too. Notice the guy in the original thread doesn't source anything or anyone. Just blurts it out as though he is trying to stir things up.

And how can you cancel a product (Bullitt) that was never even confirmed for production to begin with? :dunno: