Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Can we list every aftermarket +05 mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/07, 06:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eights
wally05: I know I'm happy about it!

Ford alone offers three racing versions--or maybe it's three with two sub-versions for Europe's FIA GT3 and FIA GT4 classes. Steeda, Kenny Brown, Griggs, and maybe another tuner or two build turnkey roadracing versions, too, and several other tuners have roadracing kits they will install on your S197 if you bring your Mustang--and your checkbook--by their facilities. Roush and several others build dragracing versions for the 1320 crowd.

Mustangs are inexpensive enough and solid enough that they are the natural choice for power upgrades for all these tuner companies--even Viper tuner Jack Hennessey offers several stages of upgrades for the GT500 and Ford GT, as does Steeda, Shelby of course, and one other I read about some months ago but can't recall now.

Some people will build their own, of course, and that's a cost-saving method if you have the tools, the skills, and a place in which to do a build-up.

Next Spring, Ford will build the nine millionth Mustang--would anyone really want them all to be the same?

Greg "Eights" Ates
All I have to say is... "EXACTLY!"
Old 12/20/07, 10:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wally05
All I have to say is... "EXACTLY!"
EXACTLY, exactly!
Old 12/20/07, 05:34 PM
GT Member

I hope that all of these cars / companys are around in 10 years like we have I will be sending brad the complete line Shinoda Vehicles for 08
Old 12/23/07, 10:58 PM
V6 Member

Before they cut back the options in 07, someone calculated that Ford offered 16,000 different variations of the Mustang (figuring engine options, trim lines, color choices, wheels, interior options, etc.). That was straight from the dealer. So what's another 80 or 90 from the aftermarket?
Old 1/3/08, 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by teamshinoda
I hope that all of these cars / companys are around in 10 years like we have I will be sending brad the complete line Shinoda Vehicles for 08
teamshinoda: You are certainly correct that a few/some of these tuner manufacturers won't be "around in 10 years". But many--like Vortech--plan to build only a specific number of S197s (I believe Vortech plans to build only one hundred Vortech Edition S197s). Others will go out of business--like Unique Performance, who was building Foose Stallion S197s, G.T. 500 replicas from '67 and '68 Mustangs, and a few restomod Camaros. We all hope Shinoda will be there for as long as there are Mustangs, and doing better than ever!

BTW, I'd like reading serious roadtests of the latest 750 HP Shinoda S197 (serious roadtests--instrumented SS quartermile times/speeds, measured braking distances from many speeds, lap times at roadracing tracks, etc--not some "Wow, you can feel just how much better this baby performs than the stock Mustang GT" BS you'd find in "Modified Mustangs" or "Mustang Enthusiast"). Do you have a source for some serious 750 HP Shinoda S197 roadtesting??? Website blog or hardcopy magazine article--either one. With half again the power of a GT500, the test figures should be pretty outrageous!

Greg "Eights" Ates
Old 1/4/08, 07:22 AM
GT Member

Great list ... good documentation. Really does should how broad a net the Mustang aftermarket can cast. More flavors than Baskin & Robbins and something for everyone.
Thanks Eights.
Old 1/4/08, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ~SMOKE~
Great list ... good documentation. Really does should how broad a net the Mustang aftermarket can cast. More flavors than Baskin & Robbins and something for everyone.
Thanks Eights.
~SMOKE~: Thanks, Smoke! I can't take much credit. There's a guy in another forum who calls himself "the Nethead here" that collected most of the tuner models I posted earlier--I just Copied/Pasted what he had posted there and added three more that I knew about. My point is that next Spring, Ford will build the nine millionth Mustang and I for one am certainly glad that all of them don't look the same! Tuner versions add variety that you won't get from the factory, and there can't be too many of them, IMO. If you collected together every tuner Mustang ever built from every tuner, I would guesstimate generously that that would still be fewer than 150,000 total tuner Mustangs--that's less than 2 percent of nine million. If the figure is a hardly believable 200,000 total tuner Mustangs, that's a little over 2.2 percent. In other words, around one Mustang in fifty is a tuner Mustang. You'll see forty-nine non-tuner Mustangs on the highways for every single tuner Mustang that you'll see.

How can that be too many???

My two cents (or two percent, perhaps ).

Greg "Eights" Ates
Old 1/24/08, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

The Mustang News has an article on the new Saleen 25th anniversary S197: the Saleen S302-E Sterling Edition. It's costly ($100,000), badassed (a 620 HP supercharged 302 cubic inch three-valver), sporty (15" discs), beautiful (more tasteful bolt-on bodywork than regular Saleens), and rare (25 to be built).
Old 8/23/12, 03:06 PM

Please update your list to include the Ronaele 500R, 2 were built as the prototype for all thier future builds.