V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

V6, Xcal2 tunes, and dyno day!

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/06, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all,

I've asked a few questions before about this topic, but am hoping for some clarification/reassurance....

On Saturday, our club is having a dyno day. My ride is has an auto transmission.

Will I get a good pull with useful info using the current tune (from Lidio, for the C&L intake)? I know I'll see the torque converter lockup "bump", but is that the only problem I can expect?

What has to be done other than manually shutting OFF the Overdrive?

What keeps the car from downshifting when they nail the gas pedal? I don't see shifts in the dyno runs you guys are posting...

I guess I'll know for sure after Saturday, but I'm getting more curious as the day approaches!

Thanks in advance
Old 1/25/06, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My shop manually shifts the car during the runs, my bumps still show up, I just look at the graph and subtract them. But my understanding is to leave the OD off.

When it comes to the auto, Scrming is the person to talk to. I bet he can answer every question you have.
Old 1/25/06, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 25, 2006, 12:30 PM
My shop manually shifts the car during the runs, my bumps still show up, I just look at the graph and subtract them. But my understanding is to leave the OD off.

When it comes to the auto, Scrming is the person to talk to. I bet he can answer every question you have.
Thanks for the info, Rygen. Yes, I'm hoping scrming will chime in

He has the big advantage of being able to put his car on the tuner's dyno---that's not likely to happen for me at Lidio's Soo....I might doing something he hasn't had to worry about...
Old 1/25/06, 11:18 AM
GT Member

In order to lock fourth gear for the dyno, changes have to be made to the tune by the dealer , in this case Lidio , and flashed into your car. You will have no problems with your current set up , just ignore the bump. Good Luck
Old 1/25/06, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Puerto Rico 4.6@January 25, 2006, 1:21 PM
In order to lock fourth gear for the dyno, changes have to be made to the tune by the dealer , in this case Lidio , and flashed into your car. You will have no problems with your current set up , just ignore the bump. Good Luck
Thanks, PR...but I *want* the bump..it adds like 10-15 HP

Hehe...I'm looking forward to the event---I just don't want to have "HP envy" for being the wimpiest performer. Well, on the bright side---mine is probably WORTH more than some of the cars that will dyno that day, and it certainly will be cleaner/newer ;-)

Actually, another local guy (he actually bought my JMS CAI!) is going to dyno, too. He has an 05 V6 with dual exhaust, and ustom tunes from Justin at VMP, I think. Will be fun to compare our rides!
Old 1/25/06, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

If you have Traction Control make sure you have that turned off!!! LOL!

Also make sure to ask the dyno operator to set the dyno to give you "SAE corrected" numbers if possible... it's not uncommon for these type of events to use STD numbers...that way everone has more HP and everyone is happy! LOL!
Old 1/25/06, 04:20 PM
GT Member

WOW!! What does SAE corrected and STD stand for? Im going to get mine dyno'd some time and I need to know this piece of info cause they will most likey do the "make everyone happy way" to me also. I want to be able to explain to them or will they know what your talking about as soon as you tell them.
Old 1/25/06, 06:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Ricklmesa@***.net@January 25, 2006, 6:23 PM
WOW!! What does SAE corrected and STD stand for? Im going to get mine dyno'd some time and I need to know this piece of info cause they will most likey do the "make everyone happy way" to me also. I want to be able to explain to them or will they know what your talking about as soon as you tell them.
here you go... http://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm
Old 1/25/06, 07:04 PM
GT Member

When i go to the dyno i always take a 3 1/2 floppy or a USB storage thingy and save the dyno runs directly there . At home you just download the dyno software and u can play with your graphs, compare them to old runs and play with the correction factors, print different graphs, etc. Its pretty interesting,i usually use the Dynojet248A Dyno/software and thier WinPep7 Program at home.
Old 1/25/06, 07:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Puerto Rico 4.6@January 25, 2006, 9:07 PM
When i go to the dyno i always take a 3 1/2 floppy or a USB storage thingy and save the dyno runs directly there . At home you just download the dyno software and u can play with your graphs, compare them to old runs and play with the correction factors, print different graphs, etc. Its pretty interesting,i usually use the Dynojet248A Dyno/software and thier WinPep7 Program at home.
Woah! Didn't even think about doing that..way cool. Downloading the Winpep7 now..thanks for the pointer!

http://www.dynojet.com/downloads/software.php#