The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   V6 Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f670/)
-   -   Muffler Shops (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f670/muffler-shops-427113/)

yur1279 12/16/05 07:06 AM

Ok, I finally got all my parts to install my GT take off's and X pipe, now its time to find a good muffler shop. There are a few smaller places near me that seem to specialize in just mufflers and then there are 2 Meineke shops near me as well. Would I be better off trying to smaller shops first, or would Meineke be a bit better since they are a bigger chain?

MaverickMLFD371 12/16/05 08:46 AM

Meineke's will pretty much only do muffler work if you buy the products from them, give it a try, if not, go to a small local exhaust shop.

hamidlmt 12/16/05 10:17 AM

I've with ya... a local exhaust shop is the way to go. Ask your favorite mechanic or bodyshop who they take their cars to.

yur1279 12/16/05 12:19 PM

Well, I found a meineke by me thats on the smaller side. The guy seemed into working on the car, took time to look under it quick and made room right away for tomorrow morning. Gave me a price that is around the same as others are payign as well, so it looks good.

yur1279 12/17/05 08:11 AM

Brought the car in today. Took a little over an hour or so for them to do. After it was done, we fired it up and the first thing the guy asked was"wait, is this a 6 or an 8?" Gotta love the X pipe with the GT take offs!
:-D

Hambone 12/17/05 10:58 AM

Originally posted by yur1279@December 17, 2005, 10:14 AM
Brought the car in today. Took a little over an hour or so for them to do. After it was done, we fired it up and the first thing the guy asked was"wait, is this a 6 or an 8?" Gotta love the X pipe with the GT take offs!
:-D

Nice!!! Glad you got them installed. :nice:

And I concur with the sound!

RFX_Bass 12/17/05 10:28 PM

what muffler u got? post some pics!! :pics:

yur1279 12/17/05 10:35 PM

Originally posted by RFX_Bass@December 17, 2005, 11:31 PM
what muffler u got? post some pics!! :pics:

I have GT take off's and a magnaflow X pipe. I know a few others here have done the same thing, really sounds good.

scotts05custom 12/17/05 10:38 PM

Good to hear everything went well, I will be attacking mine in a few weeks.

I am down in Raleigh this weekend for hockey games, and they have a few V6's down here at the dealer with fake duals and a body kit. So why would somebody buy a v6 with a 2500 charge for the body kit and now want the true duals...whatever

Hambone 12/18/05 06:01 AM

Originally posted by scotts05custom@December 18, 2005, 12:41 AM
Good to hear everything went well, I will be attacking mine in a few weeks.

I am down in Raleigh this weekend for hockey games, and they have a few V6's down here at the dealer with fake duals and a body kit. So why would somebody buy a v6 with a 2500 charge for the body kit and now want the true duals...whatever

Which dealer?? I got mine from CrossRoads Ford. They had one or two like that then and did again recently....it's SOOOOO silly. Why not go ahead and run the real exhaust?? Heheh...The left tip does look nice :shock:

Next time you're in the area, you should drive an hour south and visit!