The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   V6 Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f670/)
-   -   Muffler Poll (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f670/muffler-poll-411972/)

Zodiac 6/18/05 01:15 PM

Im just curious to see some numbers side by side.. I wonder if we have more people here with GT Takeoffs or Magnaflows..? If you went duals, please note it, and if you went X / Y / H pipe, and where its positioned.

To start things off.. Ive got dual Flowmasters run in a "true dual" set up right now, with 12" resonators to cut down on the popping. I plan on adding an H-pipe shortly, and hopefully pulling the resonators out for a louder sound after I get a CAI pushing back more air.

Thomas S 6/18/05 01:21 PM

I went with a single Magnaflow because I didn't want to have to modify or change my rear bumper...yet. After the warrantee is up I'll get a dual exhaust with an o/r h-pipe and headers.

Martimus 6/18/05 02:23 PM

Ford Racing!!!! Hoo Yaa! Awesome sound...

DrunkenDragon713 6/18/05 03:23 PM

When I buy my v6, that weekend I'll be getting the GT Knockoffs and slapping it on. I want to do the X-Piping and get GT duels...

I've always like the X pipe rather then H/Y

hamidlmt 6/18/05 05:31 PM

I'm replacing the single GT take-off and my JBA duals arrived today, but I need the bumper cut. I'll try and have my body shop do it on Monday. Just had a K&N intake put on my wife's Vibe and they could have put on the duals on if the bumper was cut... now I have to wait a bit long ::sigh::

jdr 6/18/05 10:20 PM

Dollar for Dollar the GT take offs can't be beat.
C'mon $30 plus shipping......

here ia a video/sound clip of mine
http://www.bradnkristy.com/mustang/GTexaust.mov

ManEHawke 6/18/05 10:30 PM

I want duels guaranteed since I think I should go all the way if I'm changin something. I love the sound of GT mufflers, and love the V6 designed duels by JBA. Magnaflow is also good. I may get both GT mufflers and just get a custom piping from the best muffler shop in town.
Not sure yet, need to think more and save a bit of cash.

kevinv-6 6/19/05 05:58 AM

GT takeoffs on both of mine

Donna 6/19/05 06:08 AM

Magnaflow here. :nice:

shave35 6/19/05 08:48 AM

Duel GT takeoffs on mine, I added another Y to make the duels

Zodiac 6/19/05 02:01 PM

All you guys with duals... I need to know! X / Y / or H pipes? Or no mid pipes at all?

Jetbo 6/19/05 03:55 PM

Single Magnaflow here :) ......and the sound seems to get a little bit better every time I drive it.

ex-Galaxie500 6/19/05 04:32 PM

I voted Flowmaster- I had dual 40 series on my Galaxie and they sounded incredible. bottom line

Thomas S 6/19/05 05:45 PM

Originally posted by kevinv-6@June 19, 2005, 8:01 AM
GT takeoffs on both of mine

LOL, that's great! One set for both cars. :nice:

slowjoe24 6/19/05 09:17 PM

MAGNAFLOW is the Way to Go!

BlueBel 6/20/05 12:17 AM

Too early for a full review, but I put my coffin on today and LOVE it. Burned through half a tank of gas ripping around Georgia back roads. Deep, burly sound. I'm just thrilled.

Zodiac 6/20/05 10:41 AM

Edited out. Found it in another thread.

GottaHaveIt 6/21/05 10:55 PM

Originally posted by BlueBel@June 20, 2005, 12:20 AM
Too early for a full review, but I put my coffin on today and LOVE it. Burned through half a tank of gas ripping around Georgia back roads. Deep, burly sound. I'm just thrilled.

Coffin Mufflers and carpet ? kinda funny didn't gansters roll up the gone in carpet and most is made in Georgia I thought. ?

yur1279 6/22/05 10:47 AM

Right now i'm torn between magnaflow and JBA. Hopefully within a month I will have one or the other.
Another question I have is that I was looking into getting JBA headers for my car and was wondering if I get them, do I need to get a JBA exaust then, or that dosn't matter? Any info is appreciated since this is the fist car I have had that I am doing mods to. Thanks

NosferatuVI 6/22/05 11:17 AM

Flowmaster, single, a classic 40 for now, until the dumb muffler place brings in the super 40's