The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   V6 Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f670/)
-   -   Any one using a cheap "performance chip"? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f670/any-one-using-cheap-performance-chip-444200/)

ronzara 12/1/06 04:28 PM

Any one using a cheap "performance chip"?

4 Attachment(s)
Has anyone tried one of these "$15" plug into the harness "performance Chips",... they claim 10-20 RWHP???????? I find it hard to believe. I am new to the "tuner game"... Carburated V8's (289, 302, 347, 351W) all my life...
A just bought a 2005 V6/Auto Transmission 'Stang, completely stock except for a K&N filter, JBA True Dual Exhaust and the GT Body Kit. ALso 2006 18x8.5 Mustang GT Wheels on BFG G-Force Tires. (I'll try to attach Pic).
The exhaust sounds pretty good... somewhat throaty, not as buzzy and some V6's I've heard....

I want to GO fast.....
I know this isn't a V8, But.....

Soon adding JBA, MAC or BBK Headers (please help me out with this decision), Maybe a tuner (Superchip, Diablo... Again, please point me in the right direction)..
What else (short of a Supercharger or NOS) can get the HP and Torque up?? I want this baby to ROAR!!! :metal:

I was also thinking about some lowering springs, but I don't want a STIFFER ride. Also with the 18" 's clearance my be an issue?!??!?!
Thanks,
RZ

blackstang06 12/1/06 08:03 PM

For Performance
-underdrive pulleys
-long tube headers
-c&L cold air intake/sct tuner combo

rygenstormlocke 12/3/06 08:06 AM

I would do the PHP alternator pulley, same gains and less than the UDP. Headers are not yet dyno proven on our cars by a member, but from what I read LT's are the way to go, might want to look into a set of high flow cats, or perhaps some fake cats.

I would get a TI or C&L CAI with a tune. I hear the JLT yeilds the same gains as the TI/C&L as well. Avoid the AEM, it was dyno test to show no gain over the stock airbox.

ronzara 12/3/06 08:00 PM

MAC Intake

Anybody tested the MAC air intake for HP Gains??? They DO claim you need a tune flash when installing,... seems like there must be SOMETHING there??
RZ

ronzara 12/3/06 08:59 PM

350hp V6 Stang

HERE's HOW I'll GIT 'ER DONE:

K&N + CAI= 20HP :poke:

New Exhaust + Headers= 25HP :dunno:
Helix Throttle Body Spacer= 25HP :bs:

PLUG into a sensor "PERFORMANCE CHIP"= 20HP :doh:

+ The Stock 210HP my MUSTANG already has..... I am up to ...300HP and I havn't even add my Underdrive Pulleys for that extra 10HP...
OMG, Thats....310HP I know, I'll add the ELECTRIC POWERED SUPERCHARGER for an additional 25HP now Iam up to 335HP...

OK NOW I'll get serious... add a Superchips Tune (+25HP)

HELLO 350HP.

:lol:
Thats NOT Dyno-proven of course. HAHA

PS. Soon I am also adding the ROUSH Turbomatic Genuine Artificial Immitation Leatherette trimmed plush Nylon-Pile carpet underlayment protectors (AKA floor mats) that COULD to be worth an addition 12-18HP. :nice:

What do you think??
RZ

Ricklmesa@cox.net 12/5/06 05:33 AM

Wish it worked like that man lol **** I wish I could have got 20hp out of a intake! lol

rmays06 12/10/06 03:08 PM

I think I just cracked 20Hp with a tune, CAI and Exhaust...