V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

2005 V6 Auto to Stick Conversion

Old 5/26/17, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 V6 Auto to Stick Conversion

Hello, first of all I'm new here just signed up today but I have been using this site's forum for quite a while and I got a question that I have seen a few times I want to make a conversion from automatic to manual I have a 2005 Mustang V6. Now PLEASE don't start with the sell it and get a manual or with the it's a V6 it's not worth it. PLEASE if you are not going to help me out just don't reply I'm sick of reading in the answers when people say it's not worth it don't do it. I want to do it and I will do it I will do all the work myself I will get a used tranny and probably rebuild it or whatever my question is besides the tranny, what else do I need I know I need a clutch but would that be hard to install? I see all the new cars come with electric throttle I think the clutch will be electric as well but idk PLEASE once again don't tell me it's not worth it I love this car and I love to work on it doing the swap will be like an adventure for me.
Old 5/26/17, 07:17 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
The wiring harness is probably different, and the engine PCM computer may differ as well. Those are just a couple of things off the top of my head that make this a difficult conversion. I'm sure it can be done (anything is possible with enough time and money). Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.
Old 5/26/17, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
The wiring harness is probably different, and the engine PCM computer may differ as well. Those are just a couple of things off the top of my head that make this a difficult conversion. I'm sure it can be done (anything is possible with enough time and money). Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.
thanks so much man appreciate the help yeah that's gonna be a challenge. Plus we gotta bypass neutral and all that good stuff see these are things I know but I keep forgetting it's so many steps I just wanna have an idea of every single thing then try to get some prices ideas thanks once again
Old 5/26/17, 09:41 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
The old school way of doing it (back when we had carburetors) was to buy a wrecked car with the manual and jack both cars up side by side and start transferring the parts off the wreck that you needed.
Old 6/6/17, 12:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Not the simplest change in the world but doable.

Items need to swap:
Flywheel
clutch
clutch slave cylinder
clutch master cylinder
clutch hydraulic line
bell housing
transmission
"check the driveline to see if interchangeable"
Console center section is different to allow for manual trans lever
clutch/brake pedal assembly
PCM reflash (minimum), possible cluster reflash
wiring?????

Those are the items off the top of my head that are needed to make this possible. I'm sure I left something out, but whatever I forgot, shouldn't be a big thing to swap if necessary.

Search this Thread