GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

X-pipe advice needed - Bassani vs Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 10/5/05, 10:25 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been toying with getting an X-pipe for the DK II for a while now..... everything I have heard about Bassani has been good and was really leaning hard in that direction..... only problem is, the mod $$$ has dried up and I wouldn't be able to do that for a while.....

On the 9/11 Tribute Cruise we recently did down here, I won some credit with Steeda in the raffle the Cruise put on. Steeda has the Magnaflow x-pipe for the 05 and are local to me (no shipping) - I have heard good things about the Magnaflow as well. A buddy of mine owes me some cash (originally buying me a grill as a housewarming gift but I told him 'You wanna do something really cool for me, lemme put it into the CAR!' ).

When all is said and done, I look to be able to almost walk out the door of Steeda only paying a measly few dollars out of pocket if I got the Magnaflow.

[Installation $$ is not really a factor, as the guy who installed my gears and is a buddy of my brothers, said he would let us use one of his lefts in his shop]

So - do I WAIT and hold out for being able to get the Bassani? Or do I pull the trigger and get the Magnaflow? (Have it now and pay next to nothing for it - I don't want to let this credit with Steeda sit for too long)

All advice is welcome and appreciated! Thanks!
Old 10/5/05, 10:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave, I would hold out for the Bassani. I know I am, for the fact that it has the removable hi-flow cats. thats a big advantage IMO.
Old 10/5/05, 10:36 AM
FR500 Member

Dave, how's it going, bro? I have already ordered my Bassani o/r x-pipe and waiting for it to come in. I had to make the same choice before I ordered it... Bassani or Magnaflow. It came down to two things... sound and money. The Bassani is a good bit cheaper and from what I have heard a good bit louder. Then, there was the third thing... performance. The guy that tunes my car told me hands down get the Bassani performance-wise. He has tuned a couple '05 GTs with the Bassani x w/ comp-cats and said he was really impressed with the gains. Although he hasn't tuned any 05 stangs with a Magnaflow x-pipe, he said that he's been tuning Mustangs for years and Bassani mid-pipes always get better results than Magnaflow.

My personal opinion is to save up for the Bassani and use that Steeda credit for something else. I think you'll be a lot happier with the sound and performance of the Bassani over Magnaflow.
Old 10/5/05, 10:37 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@October 5, 2005, 11:32 AM
Dave, I would hold out for the Bassani. I know I am, for the fact that it has the removable hi-flow cats. thats a big advantage IMO.
I totally forgot about the removable cats too. If you want it louder, take 'em off... then put them back on before emissions testing.
Old 10/5/05, 10:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah, and supposedly the word on the street is that Bassani will be coming out with Long tube headers to fit up to their xpipe. I will definitly be going this route.
Old 10/5/05, 10:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

use the Steeda credit for a tri-ax shifter, suspension parts, under the hood dress up, or interior stuff.
Old 10/5/05, 11:10 AM
FR500 Member

Heard about the headers too. Headers weren't a big deal to me, but if Bassani makes headers to fit their x-pipe... I may just get them afterall.