The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   Tuner/Programmers to avoid? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/tuner-programmers-avoid-535672/)

TexasRebelRacing 2/19/15 01:41 PM

Tuner/Programmers to avoid?

Every tuner/programmer makes big promises. I've had success with the 3 name brands I've used (Hypertech, Juice, Bully Dog). Anyone have bad experiences? Companies to avoid?

GottaHaveIt 2/22/15 02:38 AM

I've got an SCT tuner with Bama tunes & Live Love Love it never ever failed me ever.

jt14894 2/27/15 11:26 AM

I have the Diablosport Predator tuner which I bought several years ago.
Used it a few times and could feel a difference in throttle response and acceleration, but the only strange thing I noticed after programming it back to stock was sometimes the A/C would not blow cold air. This didn’t happen all the time, just once in a while, so I’d have to let the A/C run and wait for a short period of time until eventually the cold air would start coming out again. The summers here in Florida can get brutal so cold air is must. Another thing I thought was strange was the operation manual says premium gasoline is required, but there is a tune for 87 octane. Didn’t make sense to me.
Anyway, I haven’t used it since 2008 when gas prices began spiking and because I didn’t want to use premium unleaded.

electrotyper 2/27/15 03:32 PM

I've had a Predator for my 06 Impala SS, and an SCT for my 13 F150. I felt a tremendous increase with the Predator and a custom tune. The SCT is for my daily driver, and I'm using the economy 87 gas saving tune on the truck. My Mustang came with a Predator, but I purchased the car late in the year, so I can't tell the difference because the car had the stock tune in when I purchased it. I installed a CAI and the tune, but only had the car out for a half an hour before storing it for the winter...

TexasRebelRacing 3/16/15 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by jt14894 (Post 6902728)
I have the Diablosport Predator tuner which I bought several years ago. Used it a few times and could feel a difference in throttle response and acceleration, but the only strange thing I noticed after programming it back to stock was sometimes the A/C would not blow cold air. This didn’t happen all the time, just once in a while, so I’d have to let the A/C run and wait for a short period of time until eventually the cold air would start coming out again. The summers here in Florida can get brutal so cold air is must. Another thing I thought was strange was the operation manual says premium gasoline is required, but there is a tune for 87 octane. Didn’t make sense to me. Anyway, I haven’t used it since 2008 when gas prices began spiking and because I didn’t want to use premium unleaded.

I've been considering the Diablosport, or the SCT with Bama Tunes. Thanks for the input about the Diablo. Good info.

TexasRebelRacing 3/17/15 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by electrotyper (Post 6902804)
I've had a Predator for my 06 Impala SS, and an SCT for my 13 F150. I felt a tremendous increase with the Predator and a custom tune. The SCT is for my daily driver, and I'm using the economy 87 gas saving tune on the truck. My Mustang came with a Predator, but I purchased the car late in the year, so I can't tell the difference because the car had the stock tune in when I purchased it. I installed a CAI and the tune, but only had the car out for a half an hour before storing it for the winter...

Thank God I live in Texas, no such thing as storing something for winter lol. Snow only sticks for a few hours if we even get any in my part of the state.

dly 3/18/15 09:32 AM

You might try Brenspeed and his tunes. He was a new store in Texas.

www.Brenspeed.com

TexasRebelRacing 3/22/15 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by dly (Post 6909295)
You might try Brenspeed and his tunes. He was a new store in Texas. www.Brenspeed.com

Thanks for recommending Brenspeed. They have a lot of parts I plan to buy for lower prices than I've found elsewhere.