The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   Steeda Pro Action Shocks And Struts (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/steeda-pro-action-shocks-struts-447608/)

SONICBOOST 2/14/07 08:00 AM

Steeda Pro Action Shocks And Struts

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with these steeda shocks and struts or know anything about them, they look nice. I am looking for a better ride since I have just the eibach springs, i'm tired of driving around and feeling like i'm in a jollie jumper:banghead: It's either these or the eibach shocks ans struts, out of THOSE TWO which would you prefer. I also don't want to spend all that money on the Tokics D Specs, Thank's Adam

05YellowGT 2/14/07 10:51 AM

I got a set installed a month or so ago and I love them. The ride is tight , but not harsh , so you do get rid of the "jollie jumper" feel. I highly recommend them ...

SONICBOOST 2/22/07 05:01 PM

Anybody have any other info on these. Will they better my ride quality, i'm getting tired of the bumpy ride now. Will these be the same as the eibach shock's and struts. Thank's

SONICBOOST 2/22/07 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT (Post 843529)
I got a set installed a month or so ago and I love them. The ride is tight , but not harsh , so you do get rid of the "jollie jumper" feel. I highly recommend them ...

Hey, did you have the springs before the proaction shock's and struts, if so what differences did you notice after the shock's and struts were installed. Is the ride close to stock, thank's.

TillmanSpeed 2/22/07 05:18 PM

I like the Steeda shocks alot. They're made by Tokico, so you know you're getting a quality product. They're made for lowered vehicles, better handling, and come with a warranty! A+ in
my book.

EDIT: Oh yea, I can do these for cheap if you combine purchase UDP's, Tri-Ax Shifter, or Springs from the group buy thread. I normally sell them for 399.99 shipped.

CR
Tillman Speed

classj 2/22/07 10:08 PM

I hear they are a nice shock. I was considering them but wanted a shock from a brand I have used in the past. Not that tokico is bad or anything. But until the 05 d-specs were released, they were not really all that well recieved.

My Bilsteins showed up today, they look sweet construction wise. But far from cheap at 621 shipped.

TillmanSpeed 2/22/07 11:15 PM

On my personal cars, I run nothing but Tokico shocks. I've run HP's, Illuminas, DSpecs, so I can only imagine that the ones for Steeda feel nice. They've been a great install every time we've had to. Just never got a chance to feel how they ride! Chris Tillman drove with a customer we had, and he said it drove like a dream for "being a rocketship".

05YellowGT 2/23/07 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST (Post 850251)
Hey, did you have the springs before the proaction shock's and struts, if so what differences did you notice after the shock's and struts were installed. Is the ride close to stock, thank's.

Yes , I had the springs on before the shocks and struts. The most noticeable difference is how tight the ride is. You go up and down over every dip and rise , instead of floating across them like the old ones did , but I like that ... However as tight as the ride is , it's not the least bit harsh or jarring. As far as comfort , they seem to ride better to me than the stock ones did. So all in all , I recommend them ...

NJ3 2/23/07 01:24 PM

I've had the stock, FRPP, and Steeda Pro Action shocks and struts on my car with Steeda Ultralite springs. I think the "busy" ride is just the nature of lowering springs. The Steeda Ultralite's with the Pro Action dampers are very close to the factory ride, the FRPP dampers are a bit harsher. But with each the ride remained a bit "jollie jumper" ish.

I would recommend you stick with a system, i.e. use Eibach dampers with Eibach springs.

neil07gt 2/23/07 01:45 PM

So would you say buy the Steeda shocks if you don't buy the D-specs?

TillmanSpeed 2/23/07 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by neil07gt (Post 851005)
So would say buy the Steeda shocks if you don't buy the D-specs?

Exactly!

CR
Tillman Speed

SONICBOOST 2/23/07 08:36 PM

Hey CR i'd like to order a set of these from you:grin:

TillmanSpeed 2/23/07 08:51 PM

Not a problem, you've got PM! Thanks Adam!

CR
Tillman Speed

SONICBOOST 2/24/07 03:24 PM

Ordered my proaction shocks and struts from Tillman Speed 390shipped , thank's CR:banana:

TillmanSpeed 2/24/07 04:20 PM

Not a problem! Thanks Adam!

CR
Tillman Speed

edwgrafe 3/24/17 03:33 PM

I just pulled the trigger on Steeda Pro-Action for my 2005 GT...factory stock springs. Hoping for a little stiffer ride. Currently running 255/45-18 on 18x8 FRPP w/40MM offset and a tower brace. Hopefully this combo will get me what I want

tj@steeda 3/24/17 08:08 PM

You will be very happy with the Pro Actions - we did a lot of testing & engineering on them, they are a great choice!

Best Regards,

TJ