GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Some performance related advice/info needed:

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/23, 07:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey folks, here is a little bit of an update on this Mustang upgrade thing....I have received all my parts from the vendors and spent yesterday and today tearing everything down. I bought a T56 Magnum XL, new clutch, new Aluminum driveshaft, Ford Performance FR500s Torsen differential and the rear rebuild kit with Timken bearings. Also, the Ford Performance finned aluminum rear cover. I completely removed the entire rear. Apparently, Ford installed them as a bare steel part and so it has surface rust. I intend to clean it up and paint it before I install the new differential. I have removed the 5-speed trans and all its related stuff so at this point I have everything tore down and removed and now I am in "recondition/reinstall" mode. Will start taking photos tomorrow if anyone is interested and post with a few comments as I go. Maybe someone besides me might learn a little something......M
The following 3 users liked this post by msinc:
Bert (12/28/23), Cavero (12/28/23), RedFire281 (12/30/23)
Old 2/28/24, 02:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Well folks, sorry for the delay in doing a update.....since I last posted I have done all the things I posted about previously and everything worked out perfectly. I also added some goodies to the engine. I installed long tube Pypes headers, the high flow cats and H pipe, the Steeda balancer with small lower rpm pulley. Detroit Rocker cams, a Ford Racing intake and the Ford Racing throttle body. I also replaced the BBK cold air intake with the bigger JLT one. Of course, all this required a software update so I had to purchase a Bama scanner and the software.
Prior to all the engine work I thought it might be a good idea to go ahead and replace the factory spark plugs. 7 came out without a hitch and the last one broke off....so, I had to purchase the tool to repair that. It all went together just fine and I enjoyed doing the work. The car runs fantastic and I am very happy with the way everything turned out. Thanks to everyone that followed and offered information along the way, it is greatly appreciated. M
The following 3 users liked this post by msinc:
Bert (2/28/24), Cavero (2/28/24), m05fastbackGT (2/29/24)