GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Real impressed with Mak Performance

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/05, 12:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called up MAK Performance this afternoon and spoke with the owner Willie for a while. I wanted to order an X-pipe and he was honest and informed me that they are currently out of them. He took my number and stated he would call me on Wednesday when they got back from the event in St. Louis. My last dealings with another parts company resulted in a long wait for my C&L, but of course they charged my credit card right away. Willie was very professional, friendly, and knowledgable. He stated that he saw 7-14 rwhp with his offroad x-pipe. I guess cars react a bit differently to mods.

Finally, I spoke with him for about 10 minutes regarding the 05 Procharger kit. Willie stated he has had the kit for a while and had done over 200 dyno pulls. He worked directly with Procharger and Diablosport. In fact, he stated he helped with the tuning at Diablosport. I asked him how much power his car made and he stated 455 rwhp. This was with a gear and a MAK performance offroad X-pipe as the only other "supporting" mods. I asked for a ballpark price and he gave me ~4200 if you already own a Predator and ~4400 for the full kit with the Predator. If you are looking for either product, I would recommend Willie from my experience with him. Saving up for a Procharger........