The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   need help with intake (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/need-help-intake-431002/)

SONICBOOST 2/12/06 07:11 PM

I am going to order the C&l intake but don't know what tuner to get. Some places sell it with the diablo preadator and some SCT Xcal2. I have noticed that almost everybody has the sct but I went on C&L performance.com and saw that they worked closely with diablo and have a specific tune for the C&L intake. Will one give the car more HP or do they both do the same thing, and which one should I go with. Thank's

RPM 2/12/06 07:16 PM

Why not purchase it through one of the top tuners? Brenspeed and Bamachips [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] are two good sources but not the only ones who know how to tune for this thing. IMHO, the quality of the tune file is more important than the device.

SONICBOOST 2/12/06 07:22 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RPM @ February 12, 2006, 6:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Why not purchase it through one of the top tuners? Brenspeed and Bamachips [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] are two good sources but not the only ones who know how to tune for this thing. IMHO, the quality of the tune file is more important than the device.
[/b][/quote]

I have looked at pretty much every site. But like I said some sell it with the sct and some with the diablo. What's better!

Stangers 2/12/06 07:27 PM

Heres a link to some info that may help some,but do a search too theres plenty of info to your question.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=44672

SONICBOOST 2/12/06 07:37 PM

I think I am going to go with the diablo. Thank's

RPM 2/12/06 07:41 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005sonicgt @ February 12, 2006, 8:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Who's tune are you going to use?

SONICBOOST 2/12/06 08:29 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RPM @ February 12, 2006, 6:44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Who's tune are you going to use?
[/b][/quote]

I was on C&L performance and they said that they worked closely with diablosport and they created a specific tune for the intake. So i guess that one.

Firedude 2/12/06 09:01 PM

Don't do it. Go for the SCT. Get Doug's package. You will get the best customer service and tunes. I know from experience that Doug's tunes rock. I have tried many.

don_w 2/12/06 09:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005sonicgt @ February 12, 2006, 6:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I did that same thing early last summer (C&L + Predator combo). A few months later, I switched to a Bamachips tune for the C&L... best move I could have made. The Predator felt good at first, but Doug's SCT tunes were much, much, much better.

SONICBOOST 2/13/06 03:02 PM

Does bamachips sell the c&l intake and the tuner together. I went on the website and didn't see anything about c&l? Do they make a specific tune for the c&l intake? Also Don, did you notice a big difference with the sct?

don_w 2/13/06 03:49 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005sonicgt @ February 13, 2006, 2:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Does bamachips sell the c&l intake and the tuner together. I went on the website and didn't see anything about c&l? Do they make a specific tune for the c&l intake? Also Don, did you notice a big difference with the sct?
[/b][/quote]

Just call Doug and he'll set you up.

And yes, the difference bewteen his SCT tunes and the Diablo tunes was quite noticable. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

MaverickMLFD371 2/13/06 04:09 PM

Yes, second the tuner from Doug @ BamaChips. He sells both the C&L and SCT xcal2 tuner combo!! Trust us, you wont go wrong with Doug!

SONICBOOST 2/13/06 04:58 PM

Does the tuner he sells come with a tune for the c&l. I know I am probably asking the same question but just want to make sure!

tx2005gt 2/13/06 05:00 PM

he will give you a 89 and 93 octane tune set for your car with the cnl intake. just go for it you will not be dissapointed.

don_w 2/13/06 05:09 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005sonicgt @ February 13, 2006, 4:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Does the tuner he sells come with a tune for the c&l. I know I am probably asking the same question but just want to make sure!
[/b][/quote]

Adam... he makes the tune specific to your car. Tell him your mods, tire size, gears, the type of gas you run, etc, and he does it. He can set you up with 87, 89 or 91 octane (for our CA gas), and he can give you a Torque tune and a Performance tune. And all of that is the same low price. And if you change something later, he can e-mail you an updated tune which you can upload to the X2 and reflash your car. Personally, I ran his 91 Torque tune most of the time. It was killa!!

SONICBOOST 2/13/06 05:40 PM

Thank's don and everybody else. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img] darn I love this forum!!

Ranger 2/13/06 05:52 PM

I went with Doug because the last time i worked on cars they had carbs, points and no computers. He was and still is extremely helpful regardless of htow dumb my quetions are

latebreak 2/13/06 09:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ranger @ February 13, 2006, 6:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I went with Doug because the last time i worked on cars they had carbs, points and no computers. He was and still is extremely helpful regardless of htow dumb my quetions are
[/b][/quote]

Doug is the man. I just placed my order tonight for the JLT-2 and X-2! He answered all my questions and has great pricing.