The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   A little money to spend need advice (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/little-money-spend-need-advice-546220/)

Boostjunkie 10/10/18 04:13 PM

A little money to spend need advice

Hey guys I have a little money to spend and want to spend it on my car. It’s a 08 gt. Only mod to the car is an off-road xpipe. Completely stock otherwise. It isn’t my daily driver, although I drive it a lot in nice weather. I’m very mechanically inclined and have a friend with about 40 years of heavy engine work under his belt so anything is possible. I’m talking stroker kits, porting and polishing, balancing rotating assemblies. Nothing is off limits as this guy is the guy that everyone calls to build engines for them. Hes a Chevy guy is the only problem, but will help me if I need it. I have about a $1000 to spend and am leaning towards nitrous. The main reason is bang for the buck. I’m thinking about a 75hp shot until I can come up with more money to buy the tuner and run a 100 shot.

I was was also thinking of buying a tuner instead but 20hp vs 75hp for around the same money is heavily waying on my mind.

I was thinking about camming the car but I don’t want to lose bottom end. I nice lopey idle would be amazing though.

Any and all all suggestions are welcome. Keep in mind I only have $1000 to spend.

Another point to to make is I would like my tires to melt, and I mean sizzle when I do a burnout lol.

tbear853 10/12/18 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Boostjunkie (Post 7035817)
Hey guys I have a little money to spend and want to spend it on my car. It’s a 08 gt. Only mod to the car is an off-road xpipe. Completely stock otherwise. It isn’t my daily driver, although I drive it a lot in nice weather. I’m very mechanically inclined and have a friend with about 40 years of heavy engine work under his belt so anything is possible. I’m talking stroker kits, porting and polishing, balancing rotating assemblies. Nothing is off limits as this guy is the guy that everyone calls to build engines for them. Hes a Chevy guy is the only problem, but will help me if I need it. I have about a $1000 to spend and am leaning towards nitrous. The main reason is bang for the buck. I’m thinking about a 75hp shot until I can come up with more money to buy the tuner and run a 100 shot.

I was was also thinking of buying a tuner instead but 20hp vs 75hp for around the same money is heavily waying on my mind.

I was thinking about camming the car but I don’t want to lose bottom end. I nice lopey idle would be amazing though.

Any and all all suggestions are welcome. Keep in mind I only have $1000 to spend.

Another point to to make is I would like my tires to melt, and I mean sizzle when I do a burnout lol.

Buy Lineloc & save up for tires

Boostjunkie 10/12/18 06:57 PM

Good suggestion. That would leave money for something else.