The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   K&N Aircharger (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/k-n-aircharger-438020/)

CANES fan 7/26/06 05:55 PM

K&N Aircharger

I know the whole K&N CAI not needing a tune thing has been beat to death. But I want to know if anyone found a tune for it to use with a Diablosport Predator. I just bought one(thanks 05SatinGT). Also has anyone else who has the K&N noticed that their car seems to be running a little rich?

karman 7/26/06 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by CANES fan
I know the whole K&N CAI not needing a tune thing has been beat to death. But I want to know if anyone found a tune for it to use with a Diablosport Predator. I just bought one(thanks 05SatinGT). Also has anyone else who has the K&N noticed that their car seems to be running a little rich?

My local tuner said most K&N will run lean, but he hasn't dyno'ed mine yet.
This is the first time I've even heard anyone asking if it runs rich.:hmm:

don_w 7/26/06 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by karman

Same thought I had... I can't imagine why it would run rich.

gkaufman 7/26/06 08:39 PM

Doug dynoed a stock mustang with k&N and it was found to have a nearly perfect a/f ratio right with stock mustang a/f. Period.

karman 7/26/06 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by gkaufman
Doug dynoed a stock mustang with k&N and it was found to have a nearly perfect a/f ratio right with stock mustang a/f. Period.

That's why I ain't paid the tuner to dyno mine.:grin:

gkaufman 7/27/06 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by karman

In the end however... Having custom tunes from Doug on the K&N made it twice as good as it was :). But I did my mods in stages.. and I had the K&N on for about 20k miles before I went to Doug with the need for more speed.

karman 11/5/06 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by CANES fan (Post 705838)

Originally Posted by karman (Post 705879)
My local tuner said most K&N will run lean, but he hasn't dyno'ed mine yet.

Originally Posted by don_w (Post 705883)
Same thought I had... I can't imagine why it would run rich.

Originally Posted by gkaufman (Post 705946)

Originally Posted by karman (Post 705952)

Well I finally got the SCT with a custom dyno tune.:grin:
I couldn't believe it, but before the tune the K&N ran a little richer than stock.:dunno: ( but my stock was not too rich or lean)
I had run the K&N for a couple thousand miles without a tune, maybe the computer adjusted it.:wonder:
When I ran it a couple of weeks ago, we noticed it was running rich so I had to give it the tune. Plus, fine tuning means more HP.:nice: