GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Hp mods

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/08, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hp mods

I now I'm a FNG hear but if you could do just one performance mod to improve your hp what one would it be.?
Old 12/26/08, 04:43 PM
Cobra Member

i can name quite a few if you want. Cold air intake(C&L or JLT), Underdrive pullies, Rear end gears(like you mentioned in your other thread),Driveshaft(spydershaft,shaftmaster,etc), Intake Manifold Delete plates(located right under the intake manifold),Heads,Cams(comp cams), reducing rotational mass for example driveshaft or light weigh brake components, reducing loads of dead weight must count for something, nitrous, suspension but that wont give you horses it will help the driveablility of the vehicle and lower your 60 foot times for track purposes depending on what you do. C&L has a intake manifold coming out soon which if you want you can look out for. im probably forgetting some stuff but im sure someone else will chime in.
Old 12/26/08, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mike2005GT
I now I'm a FNG hear but if you could do just one performance mod to improve your hp what one would it be.?

dont worry dude, your part of the mustang family hear now. just remember, we were all new guys here at some point in time. i remember when i was new hear trying to learn different stuff about my car and some stuff was alot to learn but i have confidence you will be just fine. MOST of the people on here are real nice people. lol. atleast from what i can tell lol.
Old 12/26/08, 05:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

new intake and tune from one of our advertisers they are all dependable really improves the throttle response also use the search function
Old 12/26/08, 05:44 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Originally Posted by Greywolf
new intake and tune from one of our advertisers they are all dependable really improves the throttle response also use the search function
^ What he said!
Old 12/26/08, 09:12 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my first & only engine mod so far was a drop in filter, which is cheap & simple, & does make a little difference, i am trying to plan all my engine mods so i dont waste any money, there is alot of ways to go.. supercharger would be the easiest way to go ,but expensive, right now im looking toward the hot rod cams , that new c&l intake manifold & a good tune. i am in the same position u are in , where to start.
Old 12/26/08, 09:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Mike, welcome to the site. Like Classic said, we were all newbies at one point or another, so no worries. For the 1st mod, 90% of people would agree with me on this, and thats a Cold Air Intake and CUSTOM dyno-tune. You can buy a canned tune, and they are great, but there is NOTHING like a custom tune made for your car, with your climate, altitude, temperature, atmospheric conditions, etc. The car will run AWESOME after you get this. You can purchase a CAI/Tuner combo (I recommend SCT) from any online shop and they will give you a few tunes in the programmer. From there, take the car to a speed shop near you that is reputable for creating custom dyno tunes. They will take the aftermarket tune, and use it as a basis for their own custom tune for your car. From this, the car will run AMAZING after its tuned in person!

My car ran great with a canned tune, but once CR tuned it in person, the car is UNREAL now!!! Total night and day difference.

After this, then I would do an axle-back, to make it sound more sweet (Borla Stingers, ALL THE WAY)!!! You'll get the hang of this stuff in no time. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We all help each other out, and thats why I love this site!!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 12/26/08 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12/26/08, 10:03 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

The tune does make a substantial difference with your car. A good dyno tune can't be beat and I'll recommend to to Magnaflows instead but just have fun with it, that's the best part of it!
Old 12/27/08, 08:17 AM

I went another way. I waited until I could afford the supercharger. I had read many times on this forum and others that most cold air intakes wouldn't work with a supercharger and I knew thats what I wanted to do so I just waited. When I could finally afford the Whipple kit I didn't have to get rid of a used CAI.
But for people who aren't going to get blown.... I think a CAI and tune is the first thing they should do .