The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   Eibach Coil-overs or Pro-Kit and Dampers? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/eibach-coil-overs-pro-kit-dampers-456724/)

GOarmy08 8/22/07 10:02 AM

Eibach Coil-overs or Pro-Kit and Dampers?

What will be the main difference between these two modifications besides the adjustability of the C/O's?

I figure with the Pro-Kit being around $225 plus $500 Tokiko D-specs, it's not too far off from putting down around $1100 to upgrade to the adjustable C/O set-up. Are the C/O's worth it? Are there other dampers out there cheaper than the D-specs that will work (sorry, I haven't seen anything mentioned on here but these)?

The main reason I would go the the C/Os is for the ability to get that slammed down look during the summer time/car shows, and then have the option of raising it back up for the winter. I won't be competing in auto-x anytime soon. ;)

What about camber kits? Am I going to wear the insides down quickly with either of these set-ups?

I appreciate the help, these questions have been running through my mind for awhile.

MooStang05gt 8/23/07 02:43 PM

Shaun... first off... my thanks to you for your service to our wonderful country as you serve in Iraq. May God be with you and all our sevice members.

I have a compromise Coil-over setup from Ground Control Suspension Systems. It is designed to use with OEM type shocks and struts. When I got this coil-over conversion kit, true Coil-overs were not out yet for the S 197 stangs... it works very well for me, and cost $419 for the conversion kit for our cars.

With Eibach, H&R, Steeda, Koni, and other spring and damper manufacturers having true coil-over kits now, I would go ahead and buy a true coil-over kit. Just my opinion.

If you go with the Eibach Pro Kit and D Spec, FRPP Stg 3, Steeda, Bilsteins, Koni, etc. You will still have a great looking and handling stang but no ride height adjustablity. Many combinations of spring and dampers work... it all comes down to how low do you want to go (I find for my area.. 1.0" to 1.5" drop is best) and how much ride quality is important to you.

A drop of more than 1.0" also requires the additional parts if you want everything to work properly... like LCA's with relocation brackets (adjustable if you are only replacing the LCA's) or an adjustable UCA to keep the pinion angle correct.

I installed camber bolts from NAPA to correct the camber in the front, they are about $30.00 for a set. No drilling, just install in place of the lower mounting bolt on the strut.

Bobby M.

GOarmy08 8/25/07 03:06 PM

Thanks for the help, Bob. That's a great tip on the camber kits... I don't want any premature wear on those big tires I plan on getting. ;)

classj 8/25/07 03:24 PM

idk, the word coil over is sort of a loose term on our cars when considering the back suspension. Essentially, the difference is in the ride height adjustability.

GOarmy08 8/26/07 09:20 AM

Good point. I saw that also, on the C/O set-up being installed on the S197 in one of the Mustang mag's this/last month. Kind of a disappointment really... like a half coil-over system for the price of a full one. :/

How do you like those H&Rs with the Bilsteins?