The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   Does this look new? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/does-look-new-525138/)

Jaden 9/16/13 06:52 PM

Does this look new?

7 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, just bought a Roush M90 kit for my car and the UPS guy delivered it today. I opened the box and found a crusty looking blower. It's supposed to be a brand new blower. Anyone take delivery of one of these in this condition? To me it looks like it's been installed, based on the gasket material on the mating surface, the missing paint on the pulley, and the corrosion on top of the blower.

2k7gtcs 9/16/13 06:56 PM

Definitely looks like its been installed before to me.

stupidgenius36 9/16/13 06:58 PM

Looks used to me...

Stage_3 9/16/13 07:05 PM

That definitely looks used. Is there any residue in the inside?
Where did you buy it from?

Jaden 9/16/13 07:29 PM

No residue on the inside at all. It's a highly reputable vendor. Do you think maybe Roush bench tests them before hand?

Jaden 9/16/13 07:34 PM

Just checked the inside again. Clean as a whistle. No residue at all, even on the bypass plate.

GrnT 9/16/13 07:39 PM

I never had one but I agree. It probably was tested. If it has a warranty give it a shot. New or maybe a remanufactured unit. You could send it back and ask for a cleaner unit. Call them and exercise your concerns. Corrosion is not cool on a new unit.

Imatk 9/18/13 03:27 PM

Definitely has been installed... at least the housing has. And that rust on the top would bother the crap out of me.

Jaden 9/18/13 04:06 PM

Yeah, turns out the reason I got such a great deal on the kit is because the blower is a reman. Everything is new inside, but the case is used. The rest of the kit is brand new. These were warranty units that Roush packaged up into kits. They had about 50 of them. I got the last one. $2,000 off the retail price. I'm happy knowing that the only used part is the blower housing and that everything inside is new.

stupidgenius36 9/18/13 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jaden (Post 6689857)
Yeah, turns out the reason I got such a great deal on the kit is because the blower is a reman. Everything is new inside, but the case is used. The rest of the kit is brand new. These were warranty units that Roush packaged up into kits. They had about 50 of them. I got the last one. $2,000 off the retail price. I'm happy knowing that the only used part is the blower housing and that everything inside is new.

As long as you're ok with it, it sounds like an ok deal.

tbear853 9/27/13 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jaden (Post 6689857)

Which means fitted & inspected & almost ....
.... "blue printed like" .... maybe?

EastTNMustang 9/28/13 03:02 PM

A little paint and the housing will look as good as new.