GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CDC Shaker

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/05, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think anyone really said the scoop doesn't work. Those responses were in reference to "dyno numbers."
Old 2/8/05, 07:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 169stang@February 7, 2005, 11:44 PM
I don't think anyone really said the scoop doesn't work. Those responses were in reference to "dyno numbers."
Sure thing...I posted what I did to indicate how the system's effectiveness was measured by Ford. I updated my information to mention they did not dyno test at Ford. So I would expect if CDC did testing to demonstrate power gains, it would have to be done in a similar fashion. Of course, if someone has devised a way to dyno test cars with a ram air set-up, I know I would appreciate the education.
Old 2/8/05, 07:36 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You could do a dyno and see the effect of the shaker, it's pretty simple actually, blow air into it at different speeds, i.e run a dyno with air blowing at 10, 20, 30, 40, ect... into the shaker and look at the effect.
Old 2/8/05, 08:35 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the 04 model CDC claims a 2% gain in Hp which equates to 6hp on the 05 model if the performance increase stayed the same.
To answer another question, yes, for $800.00 the conical air filter is included as that is part of the system. Without it the shaker would not work properly.
Old 2/8/05, 11:58 AM
Cobra Member

Guys - just to clarify - my statement on the RAM effect was that it probably wasn't going to increase hp much as the air route from the scoop to the intake is long and has quite a few bends which will slow down any RAM effect. There was a study years ago (wish I had this to post here) - back when everyone was using RAM Air and Air Induction that tested quite a few of these systems that were claimed to increase HP and found that very few of the systems did anything - and a few were so restrictive they actually hindered air flow - as it had a longer and more indirect route into the engine intake. So I was really aiming at the fact that CDC includes the higher flowing conical air filter and, (IMO - given the RAM effect is going to minimal), would like to know if the stock CDC set up increases hp at all?

1) I have heard of Dyno's that have high powered front end fans to better approximate actual driving conditions - as a matter of fact - didn't one of the car rags use this kind of dyno a few years back to test the ram air set up on the latest F-Bodies? (which IIRC did do well)
2) Seems if the CDC unit does provide better air flow - then you will need a tuner - is CDC going to offer one or advise that a tuner is necessay with their set up?
3) I LIKE the CDC unit - killer looks - was just trying to determine if there is any perf gain and if not perhaps it could be mated up with one of the CAI units - so we can have the best of both worlds - looks and perf. B)
Old 2/8/05, 06:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by HOTLAP@February 8, 2005, 1:01 PM
1) I have heard of Dyno's that have high powered front end fans to better approximate actual driving conditions - as a matter of fact - didn't one of the car rags use this kind of dyno a few years back to test the ram air set up on the latest F-Bodies? (which IIRC did do well)
This is exactly what I would love to see. If anyone has more details on the fan method of simulating this effect, feel free to share.
Old 2/8/05, 07:37 PM
FR500 Member

I think a CDC Shaker and C&L intake combo would be sweet if it can work