GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

CDC Shaker

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/05, 11:56 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Now this is a nice engine bay!

Classic Design Concept, LLC has had a natural connection with the Mustang since the late 1980’s, it was a natural for them to connect again to the new 05 Mustang.

CDC has borrowed from the past and taking a natural twist of that history to create today’s designs that compliment the original lines of the vehicle, while highlighting the original Muscle car images of the past. CDC has been natural at designing these components and made a true splash from the past with the release of their 1999-04 styled Shaker System for the GT and V6 Mustang.

It was only natural for them to take that past splash and redesign it to fit the retro style of the 2005 Mustang. CDC will be debuting there newest Shaker version at the NADA Show in New Orleans. This all new redesigned shaker system has been engineered to fit the factory 2005 GT Mustang.

The newest Shaker System is again a fully functional system with a cast aluminum hood scoop integrated into an awesome custom engine cover. The added design details and application options enhance the performance appearance and spice up the under hood look to a striking level for this cold air intake kit. The 2005 Shaker System is available using the factory GT Hood or the optional CDC offered Shaker Hood. Now owners have a choice to either modify their factory hood or use the optional aftermarket hood.

When it comes to details…Classic Design Concepts are naturals. They have tastefully added the Mustang emblems, functional layout, clean applications and created an Original Equipment design that again will have people asking…is that factory?

With a late spring debut this Shaker System will be standard with all necessary mounting hardware, templates and instructions to ease the installation process.
Old 2/3/05, 12:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
How hard is installation?

I imagine it would require a tune, correct?

What kind of performance can we expect?
Old 2/3/05, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm seriously leaning towards this one. Anyone know the cost?
Old 2/3/05, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm dying to see performance numbers. What I don't get is why they made it to use the stock airbox. Hopefully the K&N normal filter will work fine
Old 2/3/05, 12:52 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Definately want one but as we have discussed in several other posts the big concern is the air coming in. Look at the air filter housing. That is basically the stock housing and you can see the orange colour gasket from the stock air filer. To me, and several other people, it appears that air coming in from the Shaker is NOT filtered, which is pointless, unless you want to damage your engine.

Edit: I just sent an email to CDC asking them to confirm this and if they have pictures of the inside of the air filter housing.
Old 2/3/05, 12:53 PM
Retired Tms Staff

I highly doubt it will increase performance. I think this is more for looks, which to me looks great
Old 2/3/05, 01:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Curious to see the final product, I find it very hard to believe that they will be using the stock airbox and letting unfiltered air into the engine, that's a recipe for disaster. I think as far as performance improvement, should be similar to other CAI, but we will have to see the dyno numbers to make any final judgement.
Old 2/3/05, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

They probably left the stock filter in the stock air box and are just pumping the air into the stock box. This would be a great product if they could adapt it to some of the blower systems out there, like the vortech, the paxton, and the procharger. It would be een cooler if they could make it work with the turbo kit that HP is sussposidly making. (How do you spell sussposidly?)
Old 2/3/05, 06:29 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Zach, look at where they are pumping in that air, the top of the air box, ya, the side that is already filtered therefore the air coming in from the shaker is not filtered at all. The way the filter works is the air comes in from the bottom of the filter housing, near the fender, goes up through the air filter and then into the intake.
Old 2/3/05, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

There is a conical filter in there, all the air is filtered...
Old 2/3/05, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

yes, a conical filter that has been modified to fit in the stock airbox is the ONLY way this type of setup could work.This way it would filter the air coming into the Bottom of the factory airbox and the Top of the airbox that has been modified to work with the shaker.The only other option I could see is if there is some sort of filter "in" the shaker scoop itself which doesn't look likely...Oh, according to CDC price is looking to be $800
Old 2/3/05, 10:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by subzero05@February 3, 2005, 9:45 PM
yes, a conical filter that has been modified to fit in the stock airbox is the ONLY way this type of setup could work.This way it would filter the air coming into the Bottom of the factory airbox and the Top of the airbox that has been modified to work with the shaker.The only other option I could see is if there is some sort of filter "in" the shaker scoop itself which doesn't look likely...Oh, according to CDC price is looking to be $800
Is that the shaker alone or with their hood?
Old 2/4/05, 12:58 AM
Cobra Member

That is one sweeeet looking set up and I'm very tempted!! So then the engine is breathing both via the shaker and the normal airbox opening? Wonder how this set up flows compared to the MMI/Steeda CAI set ups? You could fabricate a better flowing tube from the MAF to the TB's....did I read somwhere that a company is selling the intake tube by itself? Too bad CDC didn't go the extra distance to replace the stock intake tube.

CDC - WE NEED DYNO Numbers!!!

That is a very nice mod and would not only make your stang look killer and unique from the outside - it also makes that engine bay look 1000% better - the stock set up looks like an industrial diesel power generator or something....imagine getting polished valve covers with the CDC shaker set up - that would be sweet looking......

Oh, can we see a pic of the hood closed?
Old 2/4/05, 01:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

They could also easily have a second filter in the shaker itself. Be very careful making absolute statements such as "the ONLY way this type of setup could work"

Old 2/4/05, 06:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Good question on the $800 cost. They are planning to offer two setups, one with the shaker and a trim piece for when you cut out your hood and one for the shaker and a new hood. I'd imagine the $800 is for the package with the trim piece.........probably another 4-5 hundred for their hood. I hope I'm wrong on that, but since it is what I want, I'm sure it'll be expensive!
Old 2/4/05, 06:53 AM

Originally posted by HOTLAP@February 4, 2005, 2:01 AM
Oh, can we see a pic of the hood closed?
Stock hood:

CDC hood:
Old 2/4/05, 06:55 AM

The shaker for the last model is $795. So it makes sense for it to be around that much for the new one.
Old 2/4/05, 07:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Hotlap

That is one sweeeet looking set up and I'm very tempted!! So then the engine is breathing both via the shaker and the normal airbox opening? Wonder how this set up flows compared to the MMI/Steeda CAI set ups? You could fabricate a better flowing tube from the MAF to the TB's....did I read somwhere that a company is selling the intake tube by itself? Too bad CDC didn't go the extra distance to replace the stock intake tube.

C&L is selling that piece for around $159.
Old 2/4/05, 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

see below
Old 2/4/05, 07:28 AM
Cobra Member

M1rifle~ If you looked as my post above i also indicated that : Another option I could see is if there is a "filter of some sort located inside the shaker itself!"..So it was not an ABSOLUTE post

Quick Reply: CDC Shaker