The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   Can water in fuel cause pressure code? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/can-water-fuel-cause-pressure-code-503019/)

muscledom 12/13/11 04:33 PM

Can water in fuel cause pressure code?

Car started to barely run on the highway after getting 3/4 tank of gas 15 miles down the road. Started slowing down while cruise was on and lost throttle, never stalled. Threw a code. Coasted off highway. Cranked longer than usual and barely ran. Had it towed after it sat for 30 mins is started right up to reposition for wrecker. Checked the code, pressure code off a fuel rail sensor. Couldn't get it to malfunction at the shop. Took fuel samples, had some water in it. Is the fuel the problem? I'm pretty disgusted. Haven't driven it in like 9 days. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

FordService 12/14/11 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by muscledom (Post 6199135)
Car started to barely run on the highway after getting 3/4 tank of gas 15 miles down the road. Started slowing down while cruise was on and lost throttle, never stalled. Threw a code. Coasted off highway. Cranked longer than usual and barely ran. Had it towed after it sat for 30 mins is started right up to reposition for wrecker. Checked the code, pressure code off a fuel rail sensor. Couldn't get it to malfunction at the shop. Took fuel samples, had some water in it. Is the fuel the problem? I'm pretty disgusted. Haven't driven it in like 9 days. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey muscledom,

From what I understand, it can. I’m not sure if you saw my other post, but please make another appointment with your dealer and PM me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, the full concern you’re experiencing, and contact info so I can escalate this for you as soon as possible.

Deysha

muscledom 12/14/11 10:57 AM

Asdf

muscledom 12/14/11 11:30 AM

Gjcuhbg

paps 12/16/11 01:33 AM

i ve got similar problem. depends on gas station. In some gas stations after a few miles i ve got fuel DTE data error and a fault code. this happened today (my bro took my car and filled it). it disapeared for 2 months.
i think it s because of water in gas

sorry for my bad English...

muscledom 12/16/11 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by paps
i ve got similar problem. depends on gas station. In some gas stations after a few miles i ve got fuel DTE data error and a fault code. this happened today (my bro took my car and filled it). it disapeared for 2 months.
i think it s because of water in gas

sorry for my bad English...

Yea if you have the same problem as me then seafoam is your friend haha

paps 12/16/11 12:03 PM

i ve got no seafoam dealer at all into my island :bad:
but fault code disapear after a few miles if the gas is clean. I found a gas station that have no water in it! :D