Search this Thread

Old 9/2/05, 10:16 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, you just brought back a really old thread
Old 9/2/05, 10:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If they're basically the same, how can Steeda claim that they don't have the 1800-2000rpm drone?

Anyone hear both Flowmasters and Borla in person? Which has a better (louder, deeper) idle?
Old 9/2/05, 11:38 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Enfynet@September 3, 2005, 12:30 AM
If they're basically the same, how can Steeda claim that they don't have the 1800-2000rpm drone?
Could have a bit less of a drone but most systems drone a bit around 2k.

Honestly, even though my Borlas drone, it isn't the issue many make of it IMO.
Old 9/3/05, 04:44 AM

Originally posted by harrier@September 2, 2005, 11:31 PM
yes they are the loud ones. they are made to be tame near idle, then scream when opened up. YES.

they are $429.99 at steeda. borlas are $489.99 to $519.99 on the net for the most part. yep, i like the slash tip of the steedas. and i can also polish them before throwing them on i figure. undecided about that.
Harry, No need. They already are polished.

There is a difference in the sound from the Borla and the Steeda. At wide open throttle the Steeda is louder. You should have yours by Tuesday. Let me know what you think.

Thank you for your business.

pat@steeda.com
Old 9/3/05, 06:18 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
So is that all?

The statement makes it look like the only thing thats changed is the volume at WOT...

And believe me, the borla's are NO slouches at WOT.
Ask adrenalin :P... again... ask him.
haha
Old 9/3/05, 07:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by pkstanger@September 3, 2005, 12:47 AM
Harry, No need. They already are polished.

There is a difference in the sound from the Borla and the Steeda. At wide open throttle the Steeda is louder. You should have yours by Tuesday. Let me know what you think.

Thank you for your business.

pat@steeda.com
WOOHOO. at WOT, the Steeda is louder. holy cows, i get goose bumps just thinking of it. wahoo.

thx, patt. guys, patt is terrific to deal with. what can i say? $429.99. borla and FRPP axle-backs are back ordered. get them while you can from Steeda.

Patt, from the steeda pic, the tip looks semi-polished like the stock muffler tip. it doesn't look mirror polished, chrome-like, like the borlas. nevertheless, i'll take it either way. i kinda like it the way in the picture. it's kinda subdued. if you look at my pics, you will see my rear marker and turn signal lights blackened out. also i deleted the weather vane antennae.

btw guys, i got steeda mufflers for the weight reduction also. in the Sept., '05, issue of MM&FF, the stockers weighed in at 16Lb each. times tw = 32Lb total. the FRPPs=Borlas=Steedas were 7.5Lb each. or for a pair= 15Lb. 32lb-15lb=17lb less for the Steeda/borla/FRPPs. for every 7Lbs. less in weight, it is the equivalent, in terms performance, to adding 1 horsepower. in other words, adding 1HP to your engine is the same as taking off 7lb of weight or vice-versa. 17/2=2.4. the weight savings of a borla/steeda/FRPP muffler is like adding yet another 2HP.

err, the weight savings is off the accelerating traction end of things, but hey, i'll take it where ever i can get it. it's not like the '05 is a fly-weight, eh?

thx again, Patt.
Old 9/3/05, 09:51 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

From a clip I heard, the Borla is also Deeper/Throatier than the steeda which is a touch more racey sounding is it not?
Old 9/3/05, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Dan, i haven't heard the Steeda to tell you the truth. when i get my Steeda wednesday or thursday, i'll post up a sound bite, ok?

all i know is that borla makes the steeda for steeda. so i'm going on blind faith. i want my axle-backs now. i couldn't wait weeks for a borla. i'm going on blind faith. if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck.

if what Patt says is the case, that at WOT, she barks louder than the borla, then that's right up my alley.

Steeda is the least expensive- $429.99. hmmm, maybe because i don't get the million mile warranty?
Old 9/3/05, 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

In 4 to 5 days, this pictures view will be replaced by a video. Steedas then will be peeking out the back. and when i thumb the starter, hopefully the ground will shake.
Old 9/3/05, 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

how about someone putting up 2 sound audio clips in the same post. 1 borla, 1 Steeda!
Old 9/3/05, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

BORLA SOUND CLIP

http://borla.com/v8_muscle.swf
Old 9/3/05, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

We should have TWO idential (almost) clips of the same rev patterns, drivebys and what not, one with STEEDA and one with BORLA.

Im still thinking that Borla's is throatier and louder. Hopefully im right.
Old 9/3/05, 06:22 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by GhostGT@September 3, 2005, 4:49 PM
We should have TWO idential (almost) clips of the same rev patterns, drivebys and what not, one with STEEDA and one with BORLA.

Im still thinking that Borla's is throatier and louder. Hopefully im right.
You can't tell from sound clips how "loud" the systems are vs. one another but I HAVE heard a Steeda clip. The Borla IS deeper and throatier. But the Steeda sounds good as well......it should, Borla makes it.
Old 9/5/05, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im just waiting to hear two clips before I buy my Borlas:

-Straight pipes and headers (RRobello kindly volunteered to make me videos)
-Straight pipes, stock headers, stock H- (SurfnSoCal might also make a clip for Richard)
Old 9/5/05, 04:44 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by GhostGT@September 5, 2005, 4:20 PM
Im just waiting to hear two clips before I buy my Borlas:

-Straight pipes and headers (RRobello kindly volunteered to make me videos)
-Straight pipes, stock headers, stock H- (SurfnSoCal might also make a clip for Richard)
You are a very indecisive person B O R L A..... Now, as of this point, I promise not to give you any more advice on the subject.
Old 9/5/05, 11:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Dan@September 5, 2005, 4:47 PM
You are a very indecisive person B O R L A..... Now, as of this point, I promise not to give you any more advice on the subject.
You've given me all I need...Ive just been waiting a while for Robello's clips (and Surfn's)
Old 9/6/05, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, the release date of the Borla axlebacks was supposed to be yesterday, but according to them, it is more than likely Friday. That means I should have mine end of next week sometime. I am losing patience!
Old 9/8/05, 01:51 AM
Bullitt Member

well, my Steedas axle-backs are in. hooray. just had time to slap them up and start her up. they sound like borlas. surprise, surprise. but, they are a little bit muted or so it seems. i revved her up a bit and they sounded muted when opened up too. it is raining now and nearly 10pm here, so i'll wait for tomorrow to post up a video clip, ok guys?

as Patt said, the Steedas are highly polished. they look like chrome. compare the un-polished parts to the polished parts.

and just like the stock exhaust, i like the slash cut tips of the steedas.

btw, my dial caliper measures out the O.D. of the exh. tips at 89.5mm which translates into 3.5" rounded off.

anyways, video clips to follow tomorrow, amigos.

harrier