The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   Back from away (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/back-away-445059/)

flamin ponyexpress 12/22/06 12:24 PM

Back from away

Hi everyone, I know I haven't been here in a while, But I'm back and here's a little up-date on my 2005 Mustang: Thanks to Vortech Engineering! I've add a fully polished Vortech supercharger with charge cooler. Thanks to Spectreperformance! I changed the factory black hoses to all stainless braided hoses and Magna Cool radiator hoses. Thanks to Auto Meter Products! I add a pilor pod with Cobalt series gages, Boost/vac , fuel pressure and I'm finishing the install on a DPSS shift light tach today. I had the car dyno fine tuned @ Higgins Ford Performance in Douglasville,Ga. It dynoed at 455.6 rwhp and 398.3 torque. I'm planning on having the bottom end forged in 2007. I'll just keep it at a safe tune for now. I took pictures from start to finish of both the Vortech supercharger install and the Auto Meter gages install.
A Special Thanks to the following sponsors, for without them this could not have been!
Spectreperformance , Vortech Engineering and Auto Meter Products ! :cheers:

SONICBOOST 12/22/06 12:42 PM

pic's:dunno:

flamin ponyexpress 12/22/06 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST (Post 803990)
pic's:dunno:

I'll post pictures a little later, I've got to resize them to be able to show up. sorry.

SuperMach1 12/22/06 05:11 PM

Well if your avatar is your car i cant wait to see them!!!

flamin ponyexpress 12/22/06 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by SuperMach1 (Post 804156)
Well if your avatar is your car i cant wait to see them!!!

Thank you, and yes it is a picture of my Mustang. I've been gone a while and I don't know what to resize the pictures to show up on TMS, any help appreciated? I have taken pictures from start to finish of both installs on the Vortech supercharger with charge cooler and the Auto Meter gages as I went along,very detailed. I even took pictures of the location and which wire to use for the coil to hook up a Auto Meter DPSS shift light or any other Auto Meter tach. This wire is located underneath the power distribution box,located on the passenger side engine compartment. :nice:

SONICBOOST 12/22/06 07:13 PM

Have you treid putting them on. I download mine to photobucket them copy and paste to the thread.

flamin ponyexpress 12/22/06 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST (Post 804264)
Have you treid putting them on. I download mine to photobucket them copy and paste to the thread.

Yea, I keep getting a message ,saying file size to big.

SONICBOOST 12/22/06 07:34 PM

try photobucket

tom281 12/22/06 07:43 PM

+1, use photobucket and cut & paste the "img" file onto your posts.

VegasGold 12/22/06 08:14 PM

Do you have a video and the sound of the Vortech?

flamin ponyexpress 12/22/06 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by VegasGold (Post 804305)
Do you have a video and the sound of the Vortech?

Yes, I'll try and get it up also. to see my pictures you can go to http:www.gotstang.com/1hotpony I have about 14 pages,but the first few shows everything,except Auto Meter gages install,which I plan on posting it this weekend. The sound of the Vortech is awesome! Keep in mind that I still have stock intervals and I plan on up-grading to forged later. So I'm keeping it at a safe tune for now 455.6 rwhp.I almost have the DPSS shift light installed, will finish it tomorrow,just like finding a good power source when ignition is on.I'll have to use a volt meter to find it.:nice:

SuperMach1 12/23/06 01:46 AM

That is just awesomeeee! :metal: check your pms

2bone123 12/23/06 05:44 AM

Awsome!!! Are your cam covers not powder coated??

flamin ponyexpress 12/23/06 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by 2bone123 (Post 804472)
Awsome!!! Are your cam covers not powder coated??

No, I was thinking about getting them done,but not yet. I'm debateing on a pair of chrome ones. I have to get the car ready for some up-coming magazine photo shoots, I wished I'd took the time to do them while I was installing the Vortech,but I didn't . so now I have to get it done later. :nice:

SONICBOOST 12/23/06 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by flamin ponyexpress (Post 804367)
Yes, I'll try and get it up also. to see my pictures you can go to http:www.gotstang.com/1hotpony I have about 14 pages,but the first few shows everything,except Auto Meter gages install,which I plan on posting it this weekend. The sound of the Vortech is awesome! Keep in mind that I still have stock intervals and I plan on up-grading to forged later. So I'm keeping it at a safe tune for now 455.6 rwhp.I almost have the DPSS shift light installed, will finish it tomorrow,just like finding a good power source when ignition is on.I'll have to use a volt meter to find it.:nice:

Oh my gosh, your car is soooo nice. I can't even imagine all the compliments you get. You did an awesome job:nice: . I am really thinking about getting vortech suoercharger but I want a supercharger that makes some noise, if it's not that loud I don't mind but I want some noise. Can you please post a vid of it, maybe an interior vid:grin: . That would be coool. Also, what kind of guage pod is that, look's great.

-Adam

SONICBOOST 12/23/06 09:55 AM

How many psi's are you running at?

flamin ponyexpress 12/23/06 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by 2005sonicBOOST (Post 804595)
How many psi's are you running at?

10 psi, I'll do a video of it today, I have plenty of pictures,but can't get them on here,file to big. the pod is the one Auto Meter sent me,and yes I got everything dirrectly from them. my newest sponsor!

I think the torque is a little low,for what I see with other tuners. I would think at 455.6 rwhp the torque would be higher than 398.3,but not sure. I like the sound of the Vortech. this is the HO supercharger. :nice:

SONICBOOST 12/23/06 10:20 AM

Good deal! I'll be waiting:grin:

06GTwJUICE 12/23/06 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by flamin ponyexpress (Post 804263)
Thank you, and yes it is a picture of my Mustang. I've been gone a while and I don't know what to resize the pictures to show up on TMS, any help appreciated? I have taken pictures from start to finish of both installs on the Vortech supercharger with charge cooler and the Auto Meter gages as I went along,very detailed. I even took pictures of the location and which wire to use for the coil to hook up a Auto Meter DPSS shift light or any other Auto Meter tach. This wire is located underneath the power distribution box,located on the passenger side engine compartment. :nice:

irfanview will let you convert them in a batch mode so you dont have to do it manually.

SONICBOOST 12/24/06 12:14 PM

Still waiting:dunno: