The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   05 Flowmaster Exhaust, pic+vid (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/05-flowmaster-exhaust-pic-vid-402282/)

GtStallion51 3/3/05 08:07 PM

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/...tml?id=4VUc8pgd

holeshot 3/3/05 08:17 PM

oh man.....i've been waiting for this day!!!

March 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!

WERKED 66 3/3/05 08:20 PM

sounds good , wonder how much it is gonna be.

creedog 3/3/05 08:21 PM

That nice sweet sound of flow's. Perfect.

StangNut 3/3/05 08:37 PM

And the mufflers are black!
Now THAT'S smart!
The first vid isn't impressive, but the second one almost sounds like the original Bullitt.

dustindu4 3/3/05 09:07 PM

I love the 75+ foot burnout. Flowmasters are usually cheap because they're not stainless. Looks like they're painted with a rust inhibitor? You can buy an SN95 catback for less than $350 from Summit. I bet the axelback for this car will be cheaper than the rest.

mustangshadow 3/3/05 09:46 PM

:worship: nice

DJ07 3/3/05 10:11 PM

Must. Buy. Now!

Ok So these are what $350? I know what im askign for for graduation!

2005muzzy 3/4/05 12:08 AM

Yes!!! Yes!!! Finally. They sound sooooo good. Very MEAN!!The black will be perfect on all the black stangs. I think flowmaster has the best and loudest sound . Just add some long pipes and that baby will roar!!!

Mr. Pickles 3/4/05 12:39 AM

slp loudmouth all the way sounds much louder and better than this, this would probably sound awesome with high flow cats though.

GtStallion51 3/4/05 01:49 AM

Originally posted by Mr. Pickles@March 3, 2005, 11:42 PM
slp loudmouth all the way sounds much louder and better than this, this would probably sound awesome with high flow cats though.

Do you have a sound clip of your SLP Exhaust?? I'm still debating on SLP or Flowmaster

Mustangfreak 3/4/05 05:05 AM

I tjust doesnt sound the same :( I had flows on my 85 GT and dang did it sound good. Not to mention that it had an o/r h pipe.

But due to that stupid platform having the dang gas tank under the cab, Ford put the mufflers behind the axle. Worst idea ever.

TomServo92 3/4/05 05:26 AM

Originally posted by Mustangfreak@March 4, 2005, 6:08 AM
I tjust doesnt sound the same :( I had flows on my 85 GT and dang did it sound good. Not to mention that it had an o/r h pipe.

But due to that stupid platform having the dang gas tank under the cab, Ford put the mufflers behind the axle. Worst idea ever.

Ford didn't have a choice. It was a safety issue. The only other option would have been to do what Pontiac did with the GTO: put the gas tank in the trunk. :shame:

Barricade 3/4/05 06:04 AM

I got the MagnaFlow Pacs. Man oh man do they look sweet.
Ill take some pix if anyone wants to see them.
I dont have the car yet so they are just sitting in the garage.

pittperson 3/4/05 06:55 AM

Finally! I had Flows on my 2000 and will definitely be dropping the cash on these bad boys.

My last day of a 2 month training course for work, Flowmasters are announced, this is a GREAT day!

March 13th, just in time for my next paycheck too. :)

clintoris 3/4/05 07:02 AM

Originally posted by dustindu4@March 3, 2005, 10:10 PM
I love the 75+ foot burnout. Flowmasters are usually cheap because they're not stainless. Looks like they're painted with a rust inhibitor? You can buy an SN95 catback for less than $350 from Summit. I bet the axelback for this car will be cheaper than the rest.

the last Flowmaster that I bought, a 3 chamber, was stainless.... they sent me a note in the package ('cause I ordered it throught Summit... for my Bronco.... $82) that they had upgraded my muffler to stainless. It was way nice..... but it was a charcol color, which I'm assuming was also some sort of anti corrosion coating.

TheRealOne 3/4/05 07:07 AM

I had Flowmasters on my 96 GT and there was a drone in the midrange that did get tiring. They sound great at launch and idle. I think the IMCO exhaust sounds cool on Ninosport.com

2bone123 3/4/05 08:13 AM

I talked with Dan at Flowmaster and list price is $435.00. Available 3/14/05. :nice:

PonyGirl 3/4/05 08:24 AM

I am skipping the replacements , because I think the GT sounds great just the way it is. I am however replacing my tips tonight and having these welded on........what do you think?

adrenalin 3/4/05 08:34 AM

They do sound good but someone should tell them that the hangers they welded on at the input end are on backwards. That will require the hanger to be removed from the car, slipped over the hanger and then bolted back onto the car, which is a pain in the butt. Everyone else has welded them on properly so you can just slip the muffler on and clamp it in place.