The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Which is Better (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/)
-   -   Kona Blue VS Deep Impact Blue (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f668/kona-blue-vs-deep-impact-blue-506297/)

UnrealFord 3/12/12 06:13 AM

Kona Blue VS Deep Impact Blue

I havent seen a side by side comparision, but for those of you who might have, Which color seems better, and what is the difference of the new Deep Impact Blue.

UnrealFord 3/12/12 07:01 AM

Well after I posted this I found lots of Deep impact with decent pictures.

I was having hard time because it all depened on the camera, lighting, inside building etc,

But after more research it looks basically like Kona Blue but no purple in it.
I actually think it looks good, I would love to take my car to a dealer and find one and snap a picture of them side by side..

Sorry I would have deleted this post but for some reason this website doesnt allow you to delete your own post.

maxwell600 3/12/12 10:17 AM

Big fan of Kona bc how it looks black at night. Not sure if DI will do this.

Coyote5-0 4/21/15 07:05 AM

Darn. I was hoping to see some side by side pics. Has anyone done this?

TripleBlack14 4/21/15 07:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I Googled these. It's hard to tell exactly from pictures. KB is darker, DIB is brighter and more reflective. I like them both very much.

berzerk_1980 4/21/15 08:20 AM

LOL necrothread, anyway I have DIB but am a huge fan of Kona. Those pics are fairly representative but the lighting is critical to seeing the difference.

In bright light since they're both metallic they're pretty similar. In indirect light Kona is much darker. It's hard to see in those pics but DIB does have a purple hue to it as well.

Can you tell I've thought about this a while? I think succinctly, DIB is Kona with less purple and more glitter.

TripleBlack14 4/21/15 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980 (Post 6920079)
I think succinctly, DIB is Kona with less purple and more glitter.

That's a really good description. KB reminds me of the mid to late 60's Mustang dark blue.

Coyote5-0 4/21/15 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14 (Post 6920062)
I Googled these. It's hard to tell exactly from pictures. KB is darker, DIB is brighter and more reflective. I like them both very much.

Yeah I did some image searches myself. I found pictures where they looked the same and pictures where they looked different. So I was hoping to see two in the same light taken by the same camera.

mustangfan410 4/21/15 06:35 PM

DIB in the sun has this purple tint to it that im not a fan of. But I like it with some white stripes on it. Kona on the other hand I like even without stripes.

DarrenGT 4/21/15 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by mustangfan410 (Post 6920238)
DIB in the sun has this purple tint to it that im not a fan of. But I like it with some white stripes on it. Kona on the other hand I like even without stripes.

:catfight:
well then here's a couple of purple face slappers far ya!! DIB hater!!

Honestly though, there are 2 of us in my area with blue cars. A kona shelby and my DIB. I have pics of both but not side by side. next time we meet up i'll try to get that pic ;)

mustangfan410 4/21/15 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenGT (Post 6920245)

Honestly though, there are 2 of us in my area with blue cars. A kona shelby and my DIB. I have pics of both but not side by side. next time we meet up i'll try to get that pic ;)

lol Im not a total hater, I did say I liked DIB with stripes.

TripleBlack14 4/21/15 06:53 PM

Oh, Nick, you've done it now....you crossed the line and not only pissed off Darren, but all of Canada in the process.

Expect a visit from Tag. I hear he has a fondness for North Jersey meat.

mustangfan410 4/21/15 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14 (Post 6920248)
Oh, Nick, you've done it now....you crossed the line and not only pissed off Darren, but all of Canada in the process.

Expect a visit from Tag. I hear he has a fondness for North Jersey meat.

Hmm, I thought it would take more than some DIB hate to piss off Canada.:patriot:

I am afraid of these though..
http://www.slightlyqualified.com/wp-...treetgangs.jpg

TripleBlack14 4/21/15 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by mustangfan410 (Post 6920253)
Hmm, I thought it would take more than some DIB hate to piss off Canada.:patriot:

They may talk a little funny, but they take their Mustangs pretty seriously up there.

Coyote5-0 4/22/15 06:19 AM

thank you!!

DarrenGT 4/22/15 08:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i tried to get some contratsing pics tonight but the setting sun made it difficult to get true colors tonight...

Attachment 188421

Attachment 188422

Attachment 188423

berzerk_1980 4/22/15 11:28 PM

I think the first photo says it best. The more direct the light, the more the differences are evident. The less direct the light, the more they look the same.

TripleBlack14 4/23/15 04:06 AM

I wouldn't turn my nose up at either of those.

Coyote5-0 4/23/15 08:20 AM

hmmm very interesting. Thanks for the pictures!!

DarrenGT 4/23/15 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980 (Post 6920554)
I think the first photo says it best. The more direct the light, the more the differences are evident. The less direct the light, the more they look the same.

Pretty much yep. The kona looks more like a pure blue and appears darker most of the time. I love both. I wouldve ordered kona if it had been available.