Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Cvf racing or tuff stuff

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/23, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cvf racing or tuff stuff

Hi all,
I need to purchase a short water pump for my 302 and found 2, the cvf racing and the tuff stuff from summit. Any of you gents have experience with any of the 2? Or if you have any other recommendations they would be highly appreciated!
Thanks In advance

Dwight
Old 4/30/23, 12:20 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr white
Hi all,
I need to purchase a short water pump for my 302 and found 2, the cvf racing and the tuff stuff from summit. Any of you gents have experience with any of the 2? Or if you have any other recommendations they would be highly appreciated!
Thanks In advance

Dwight
This Sounds Like a Good Question For @svopaul

KC

Old 5/1/23, 07:17 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Hi all,
Thanks In advance

Dwight
CVF is a chinese copy of other pumps like edelbrock from what I have seen and in one case I saw they shipped a GMP pump as their own. I have no direct experience with either CVF or Tuff Stuff but if the rotation is right for your application I would choose the Ford Performance pump: Ford Performance Parts M-8501-E351S Ford Performance Parts Shorty-Style Mechanical Water Pumps | Summit Racing
The following 3 users liked this post by svopaul:
Mr white (5/1/23), NC14GT (5/1/23), RalphJones (5/10/23)
Old 5/1/23, 01:05 PM

Thank you Svopaul, ironically the Ford performance pump M-8501-E351S is made in China, and the CVF and tuff stuff are made in the U.S
The Cvf offers lifetime warranty and TS offers one year. I believe the Ford one has no warranty.
All 3 are roughly the same price. All mixed reviews. Do you still think I should use the Ford racing?
Old 5/1/23, 01:53 PM
Service Manager

Thank you Svopaul, ironically the Ford performance pump M-8501-E351S is made in China, and the CVF and tuff stuff are made in the U.S
The Cvf offers lifetime warranty and TS offers one year. I believe the Ford one has no warranty.
All 3 are roughly the same price. All mixed reviews. Do you still think I should use the Ford racing?
That's not surprising but I'd like to think Ford has a better handle on QC. CVF brackets are made in the USA but if you research you'll see time and time again that their pumps are made in China as well. I did see good reviews about CVF customer service and I'll tell you from Experience that Ford Racing really doesn't stand behind performance parts unless you really push the issue...I had that issue back in 2001 over defective clutch cables from Ford Racing that would break as soon as you pushed the pedal to the floor. I guess it's a toss up between the three...probably all pretty much the same so go with your gut, if you want to base it heavily on customer service then maybe go with the CVF.
Old 5/1/23, 11:27 PM

Thanks again svopaul
i like the warranty and the fact that it’s a veteran owned business with cvf. I like the look of the tuff stuff since it has a more custom look to it, and I like the Ford because it’s Ford.
Old 5/2/23, 06:39 AM
Service Manager

Thanks again svopaul
i like the warranty and the fact that it’s a veteran owned business with cvf. I like the look of the tuff stuff since it has a more custom look to it, and I like the Ford because it’s Ford.
I wasn't aware that CVF was veteran owned....customer service reports and that would probably put them in the lead for me.
Old 5/10/23, 04:02 AM
Banned

Thank you for the link, you made my day.

Last edited by RalphJones; 6/13/23 at 04:27 AM.