Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Coyote is NOT the best sounding V8 around

Old 4/25/15, 09:57 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
You on the wrong forum, driving the wrong car.
I have both and prefer the sound of the GM. But I wouldn't say it is the best sounding in the world. I'd say that would go to something more exotic, probably with a flat-plane crank.
Old 4/25/15, 10:41 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MJJ
Best V8 Ever... depends on personal taste. My top 2 would priced under $100K today would be:

1. Ferrari F355 with full capristo exhaust (sounds like an F1 car)

go to 30 second mark of the video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4spHpz9X2CA
2. 03-04 SVT Cobra with Borla Stinger catback (better than my Shelby with Borla catback)
03-04 cobra with borla S is one of my all time favorites, so hollow and throaty. Really can't be beat unless you step up to a Ferrari! I'm on board with your 1 and 2s
Old 4/25/15, 10:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by VIP1
I have both and prefer the sound of the GM. But I wouldn't say it is the best sounding in the world. I'd say that would go to something more exotic, probably with a flat-plane crank.
The guy is a GM nut hugger, thats why i said it.
Old 4/25/15, 11:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Because god forbid any of us like other cars besides Fords

Last edited by SplitSecond; 4/25/15 at 11:45 PM.
Old 4/25/15, 11:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by SplitSecond
This is a mustang site!
Old 4/26/15, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
A GM nut hugger? Once again, you have no idea how wrong you are or who you are speaking to.

First off, I wrote the GM SB and BB comment to get a few laughs and troll for a gullable fish or two. Looks like I found a live one. Second, as was mentioned by somebody else the forum...who has an open mind, there are a lot of very good sport cars out there right now. The Mustang is among them but not at the top, not even close. I have one because it met my criteria of performance for the buck, styling, is domestic.

Do I lust after a C7 equipped the way I want it? Yes. Does that make me bad or wrong? Bang for the buck, the 'Vette is in a class by itself and no currently offered Mustang is going to come close to touching it. He11, a lot of exotics selling for multiple times its asking price cower at its performance numbers. Do your research and then tell me I'm still wrong.

Take your brand loyal blinders off and enjoy ALL of the great production sport cars we have available to us these days. It truly is the golden age of performance cars...and it's not going to last a lot longer and that you better know for sure.

Now back to Mustang only talk...
John
Old 4/26/15, 12:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SplitSecond
LOL see below

Originally Posted by Horspla
A GM nut hugger? Once again, you have no idea how wrong you are or who you are speaking to.

First off, I wrote the GM SB and BB comment to get a few laughs and troll for a gullable fish or two. Looks like I found a live one. Second, as was mentioned by somebody else the forum...who has an open mind, there are a lot of very good sport cars out there right now. The Mustang is among them but not at the top, not even close. I have one because it met my criteria of performance for the buck, styling, is domestic.

Do I lust after a C7 equipped the way I want it? Yes. Does that make me bad or wrong? Bang for the buck, the 'Vette is in a class by itself and no currently offered Mustang is going to come close to touching it. He11, a lot of exotics selling for multiple times its asking price cower at its performance numbers. Do your research and then tell me I'm still wrong.

Take your brand loyal blinders off and enjoy ALL of the great production sport cars we have available to us these days. It truly is the golden age of performance cars...and it's not going to last a lot longer and that you better know for sure.

John
Lol I am the master troll. I was just messin with you dude.

I agree with you, id rock a c7 vette in a heart beat, but im hoping to get into a Maserati GT in 2016 if i can get my life together. Depending on how things go, ill see what i can do about a somewhat base level stingray.
Old 4/26/15, 03:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

John

I agree! lots of great cars on the market these days. I ALMOST joined the camaro camp. I liked the mustang's looks a bit better and liked that there were nowhere near the amount of blind spots on the mustang either!
Old 4/26/15, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

LOL see below

Lol I am the master troll. I was just messin with you dude.

I agree with you, id rock a c7 vette in a heart beat, but im hoping to get into a Maserati GT in 2016 if i can get my life together. Depending on how things go, ill see what i can do about a somewhat base level stingray.
Well, I'm not convinced I was trolled but if you insist...just wondering if you beep when you back up too?

I sincerely hope you get that pasta bowl if that's the fancy of your eye...there's a lady in this world for every guy. To me there's nothing wrong with your dream but the price...and well...there goes that bang for the buck thing again...and after all, it's your dream, not mine.

John
Old 4/26/15, 05:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I agree! lots of great cars on the market these days. I ALMOST joined the camaro camp. I liked the mustang's looks a bit better and liked that there were nowhere near the amount of blind spots on the mustang either!
Yup, among its other varients, the Camaro SS1LE is a force to to be reconned with. In other words, any Mustang owner that dares tangle with it -stock to stock- is gunna leave the fight with a frown. Ford needs to get its poop in a pile and figure out how to make a car really perform straight out of the gate without the need for us to have to add a pile of aftermarket parts and cash to the cars they're selling us just so we can stay close. Just my opinion of course, yours may vary with mileage and taste!

John
Old 4/26/15, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I got myself into the grass during my last track day, and there was a particularly hevenly sounding C6 that passed while I was "mowing the lawn". This is one of my favorite sounding American V8. Turn up the volume around ~8:35, can't miss it. I had to wipe the drool of my helmet

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...aceway-536769/

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 4/26/15 at 06:18 PM.
Old 4/26/15, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
I got myself into the grass during my last track day, and there was a particularly hevenly sounding C6 that passed while I was "mowing the lawn". This is one of my favorite sounding American V8. Turn up the volume around ~8:35, can't miss it. I had to wipe the drool of my helmet

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...aceway-536769/
Nice vid and good driving! I noticed two things...at first you were not feathering in the throttle real well but began to pretty quickly...up to your spin...oops! My guess is you figured it out backing your way out of the corners is fun but not fast! It seems like you're lacking tires...'specially front...?

I might just have to take El Pita to BIR this summer. No track pack so I'm worried about wrecking my brakes...

John

Last edited by Horspla; 4/26/15 at 07:00 PM.
Old 4/26/15, 08:41 PM
Cobra Member

Well, I'm not convinced I was trolled but if you insist...just wondering if you beep when you back up too?

I sincerely hope you get that pasta bowl if that's the fancy of your eye...there's a lady in this world for every guy. To me there's nothing wrong with your dream but the price...and well...there goes that bang for the buck thing again...and after all, it's your dream, not mine.

John
Its not a dream, its just a car i like. Mostly for the styling and engine.

Its not all about squeezing every last drop of HP, its about experiencing a luxury gran touring car.
Old 4/26/15, 09:16 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Bla bla bla...government motors...bla bla bla...they can choke on it
Old 4/26/15, 09:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Bla bla bla...government motors...bla bla bla...they can choke on it
the king has spoken
Old 4/27/15, 05:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I believe the thing that makes my 4.6 so good is my garage. When I fire it up in the morning the sound just bounces off the walls.
Old 4/27/15, 06:15 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Nice vid and good driving! I noticed two things...at first you were not feathering in the throttle real well but began to pretty quickly...up to your spin...oops! My guess is you figured it out backing your way out of the corners is fun but not fast! It seems like you're lacking tires...'specially front...?

I might just have to take El Pita to BIR this summer. No track pack so I'm worried about wrecking my brakes...

John
I'm lacking lots of things. Let's see, in the order of importance: Skills, that C6 Z06, tires and suspension.

The S04s are not too bad, but they don't grip like an extreme performance summer tire would.
Old 4/27/15, 06:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yup, among its other varients, the Camaro SS1LE is a force to to be reconned with. In other words, any Mustang owner that dares tangle with it -stock to stock- is gunna leave the fight with a frown. Ford needs to get its poop in a pile and figure out how to make a car really perform straight out of the gate without the need for us to have to add a pile of aftermarket parts and cash to the cars they're selling us just so we can stay close. Just my opinion of course, yours may vary with mileage and taste!

John

I actually agree with your statement, you hit the nail right on the head. there are always going to be pro's and con's, let me explain.

When I was looking at the Camaro and price building it along with the Mustang before I bought my Mustang nearly 20-30 times a day, it was a crazy compulsive thing that I just couldn't stop doing. I found that the only real package for the Camaro was the RS (Rally Sport) package. As for the Mustang, you could really tweak the car from factory and make it look unique. I can tell you that I haven't seen another Mustang like mine on the road today, not even in a different color. that to me, is worth its weight. I agree though, it would have been nice if Ford did little things to enhance our driving experience right out of the gate like better shifter bracket or better stance or nice wheel options. But at the end of the day, 80% or more of the gearheads out there, are going to tweak their cars no matter how well Ford does. Or, it could be the mindset of the expectation's that has been set by Ford, who knows. To me, the Mustang is a great car. Great to boot around town moderately. If you start to beat on it, that's when you noticed things like gear lockout or nasty wheel hop etc.

I really don't know much about the Camaro either nor am I educated on how refined it may be right from factory. I don't know if Camaro owners feel the same way about adding aftermarket parts like shifter brackets to further refine the driving experience. My assumption would be yes, there will always be room for improvement.
Old 4/27/15, 07:58 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Pot meet Kettle
Old 4/27/15, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by VIP1
Pot meet Kettle
So said the carborizing flame that turned them both black...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coyote is NOT the best sounding V8 around