The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Mustang Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f660/)
-   -   SCCA Solo Class??? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f660/scca-solo-class-482381/)

ryan1112 4/21/10 07:18 AM

SCCA Solo Class???

Ok, I can't figure out which class I should be in for SCCA and we have our first autocross event coming up. My mods are in my sig. Can anyone help? I think I'm in class C in NASA.

Ministang 4/21/10 01:57 PM

Looks like you'd be in Street Mod, some local regions have a Street Mod Street Tire class (we do in the OVR region in Columbus), but I'm not sure if they do in Dayton. I assume you'll be running at KilKare on Sunday with WOR? I'm thinking about coming out for that, but the rain might keep me away.

1999Pony 4/21/10 08:24 PM

Definently Street Mod.

The Reverend 4/21/10 09:02 PM

Let me tell you what NOT to do, wink, wink. Most techs don't police mods. Sign up for Novice E Street Prepared. Above all else, have fun.

ryan1112 4/22/10 08:55 AM

thanks for the input. I hate to be in streed mod because ill get killed. There are so many cars there that are not in the right class. You just know some of those Miatas arent in their stock class.

yeah I hope to go to kilkare this sunday but it looks like the rain may stop us. I ran in the rain there once last yeah and i found myself going 60 MPH backwards through the grass so I'm a little nervous about water on the track. I also don't want to get drenched.

Ministang 4/22/10 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by ryan1112 (Post 5850901)
thanks for the input. I hate to be in streed mod because ill get killed. There are so many cars there that are not in the right class. You just know some of those Miatas arent in their stock class.

If the Weavers show up with their Mach 1 in ESP, you'll get killed in ESP probably worse than you would in Street Mod.

Tires and driver skill/experience are still the most important things in autocrossing, those Miatas probably are in the correct class, they are just that fast (with a good driver on race tires).

Heck, I'm usually faster in my completely stock (H Stock) Mini Cooper on race tires than I am in my Mustang on street tires with everything that has been done to it.

ryan1112 4/22/10 02:13 PM

yeah i have a lot to learn. I've only been to about 4 autocrosses. I just put on koni strt shocks and struts with steeda mounts so ill get to about -1.9 camber. The main thing I need to keep up is tires but I promised myself that I'm going to use up my BFG's before I get some new ones.

The Reverend 4/22/10 02:47 PM

I just sold my 295/30-18 A6 Hoosiers. I ran out of mod money. Which region you race in?

ryan1112 4/23/10 07:03 AM

Western Ohio Region

ryan1112 4/23/10 08:25 AM

What mods put me in street mod instead of street prepared. The rule book isn't that clear.

Ministang 4/23/10 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by ryan1112 (Post 5851738)
What mods put me in street mod instead of street prepared. The rule book isn't that clear.

The obvious stuff I can see is your driveshaft and lower control arms, possibly your axles as well. You can remove or change your rear upper control arms, but not the lowers.

ryan1112 4/23/10 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ministang (Post 5851893)
The obvious stuff I can see is your driveshaft and lower control arms, possibly your axles as well. You can remove or change your rear upper control arms, but not the lowers.

Ah, I thought the driveshaft was would be it but I didn't expect the lowers. I doubt the alxes would get me because they are the same weight as stock just stronger.