The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Mustang Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f660/)
-   -   Mustang Roundup VIII !!! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f660/mustang-roundup-viii-545421/)

Fastoldman 4/8/18 01:41 PM

Mustang Roundup VIII !!!

If you have not attended the Mustang Roundup in Hastings, Nebraska in the past ,you need to put down Sept. 13-16th on your calendar! Check the registration info at www.racemph.com ( Motorsports Park Hastings) and look up the new track upgrades if you have not been here for a few years - private garages, large covered parking for rental, and more. Why is this the place to be in September, well let's just list the reasons:

1. Tech Talk every year by Ford Engineers and Executives --who actually race with us.
2. Surprises --2015 we had two of the 39 GT350Rs at the event, 2017 saw a Black Ford GT and rides for participants, & who knows what will show up this year ( I can make 500 guesses ).
3. Full Course Autocross - yep , 2.1 miles of Conehead slaloming at warp speed.
4. Wide range of Classes , timed runs, trophies, and adulation from your fellow Blue Oval Buds.
5. Likely a wild ride in the Bacardi Bus.
6. Tons of help, updates, and track tips, as usually 60+ Boss 302s, GTs, GT 350s, Cobras and more show up , so great time to find what really is working?!
7. Track Instruction if you pay and come the first day.
8. Banquet, Auction to benefit Food Bank off the Heartland Backpack Program, lunches.

Not too many places you can hang out with 3-6 Dearborn Engineers/Executives at a track event for 3-4 days and soak up info along with hot laps, car show, food, fun, etc.!!

Just go to www.racemph.com and get signed up for FAST FORD FUN!:nice:

Fastoldman 4/9/18 07:57 AM

Also this year , 200 rated tires will run in the street tire class , so advantage to some that are tire geeks, since we all know some of these border on being as fast as DOT Competition Tires. Keep in mind though , if you have a race car ( cage ,etc. ) it will not go to a stock class if using street tires -- this was actually and issue last year for one competitor.

Fastoldman 4/10/18 10:29 AM

PS - we have even had guys from Canada drive down for this event!

George427 4/10/18 02:48 PM

MPH Roundup 2017 Results and pictures

The track has last years results and Gallery up.
http://www.racemph.com/events/mustan...y-and-results/

TymeSlayer 4/11/18 11:01 AM

Looking forward to it boys!

Fastoldman 4/12/18 10:45 AM

Boys....... we will show what real Racing Men are ? Just ask me how many times I have been in the Alfalfa ?

Bill P , President of F.A.R.T.

Ford Alfalfa Racing Team

john9546 5/7/18 12:36 PM

Looking forward to the 2018 Mustang Roundup Bill.

Fastoldman 6/1/18 09:22 AM

John , glad you are coming again, and I bet there will be more track guys shocked an old Autocrosser is so fast when it comes to circuit runs!? Plus , I know you are running street tires -- granted they are the 200 Treadwear sticky kind, ha!

Fastoldman 6/13/18 07:11 AM

Was just at Hastings this last weekend for another Event and the track is fast -- quite a few folks ran their best times , ever! Lots of new improvements like rentable garages and of course there is the big covered , open metal building , that folks can rent also, to be in the shade during the Mustang Roundup. There is electricity for both it and the single garages. Check out www.racemph.com to get signed up , as this is a must for Mustang Track Rats - definite bucket list track party. Keep in mind there will be numerous Engineers from Ford there, including the new Performance Division Managing Engineer -- there will be some surprises so you need to come and run. There is also a small car show for Stangs!

Fastoldman 7/24/18 09:14 AM

So, only about 7 weeks till the big event................could be some very interesting machines the Ford Engineers are bringing? Let the rumors fly, but you better sign up to run, participate and be there to get all the scoop.

www.racemph.com Mustang Roundup!

You can call my cell for info , if you want, but leave your name and number if I do not answer, as I am getting 5-10 spam calls a day and I don't always answer if it looks suspicious.

402-677-5864

Fastoldman 8/15/18 09:12 AM

Updated news!!!

Get signed up as there will be 7 Ford Engineers and Executives there ( tech talk with rumor detailing the GT500) and they will be running their own cars!!! This is a bucket list event if you like to track your Mustang, want to get some tutoring, or want to find out what all the fast guys are doing to their beasts -- in other words finding out what really works , not what someone says does on the Forum , ha.

www.racemph.com go under Car Events and pull up Mustang Roundup

Fastoldman 7/30/19 09:24 AM

Wake up John , are you going to make it in 2019? Autocross will be a bit shorter ( not the full track) , still fast, but more like a conventional one so you should mop up during that part????

john9546 7/30/19 05:23 PM

Maybe

I am thinking about it!

Fastoldman 8/1/19 09:00 AM

Heh, I am getting stickers made up to read F.A.R.T. ( Ford Alfalfa Racing Team ) , so you need another chance to drive to the edge at Hastings and then do a little agricultural racing? I figure if it is a regular year we will get 3-4 folks to go off in turn 3 mow down some new grown hay? You know it is fun to go through a corner at 90, knowing if you screw up you will only play farmer, hehe? Safe track and lots of fun and I think you could clean up on the autocross as Bruce Hanson and I are going to make it more realistic -- though still fast!

Fastoldman 8/5/19 07:56 AM

John,

Good seeing you at the Midwest Solo Divisionals in Lincoln this weekend , and you will be pleased to know the Autocross at the Mustang Roundup will be more along the lines of a conventional Autocross this year. You should have an advantage as many drivers have been just used to the high speed chicane we had in the past and we figured we needed a bit more technical course since the rest of the weekend it based on full track Time Trials ?!

Bruce Hanson , out of Wyoming , is helping me set up the course ( a lot of folks know Bruce as he has a big Autocross set up in his hometown, and he has been a fixture at the Sturgis Autocross event ), so you have to long term Autocrossers setting up the course!

Get some more of your buddies coming , because the track is safe ( lots of alfalfa to run off in ,ha,ha) , quick and the amenities are phenomenal --- food at the track is a level above what folks usually find at a road course.

Working hard to get a guy with a GT 4 to come down and run with us , as most of us lust after one of those beasts?!

Fastoldman 8/19/19 06:35 AM

Ton of Mustang Autocrossers showed up for the Des Moines Valley SCCA charity benefit for Raceway Park of the Midlands ( track is in surprisingly decent shape considering it was under 14 feet of floodwaters). Let a bunch know about the 9th Annual Mustang Roundup , Sept. 12-15th at Motorsports Park Hastings , but realized many of the track rats here that are attending may not think to tell their autocross friends about the event? Please bring it up, as almost to a man, the guys there were interested in a " Mustang Only," track event as everyone would be respectful of other owners , and most track guys started autocrossing first. Give them the info , or just have them go to www.racemph.com

john9546 8/28/19 12:36 PM

I Am In - Mustang Roundup

OK Bill, I could not help myself. I signed up for the Mustang Roundup so will see you there!

Fastoldman 9/25/19 08:37 AM

Congrats John for getting 2nd Place in the Autocross in your Class. glad you made it my friend!

On another note, the drivers and show car participants raised close to $2200 for the Food Bank of the Heartland " Backpack Program," that assist food deprived children in Nebraska and Western Iowa. On Fridays food is placed in children's backpacks ( at participating schools ) so they can have enough to eat over the weekend, during the school year. Over the 9 years the Mustang Roundup has been held the drivers, showcar participants and Ford have contributed over $20,000 to the program. Not bad for a small group of Blue Oval Fanatics.

Special thanks to Todd Soderquist and Bart Marowelli from Ford , who not only participated with us, but also brought some cool Ford swag to the Auction. Bart drove a new GT 500 all the way from Dearborn and participated in the Time Trials ---- look in the dictionary under the word impressive and you will see an added note for the derivation , " Super Impressive," showcasing a picture of the GT 500 as an example. The car is unreal!!

TMSBOSS 9/28/19 07:03 PM

The roundup as a great time. I drove my tow vehicle 2700 miles to make this event. Second time for me.

I need the dates for next year so I k=can put them on my calendar.

Fastoldman 11/25/19 05:48 AM

Sure you guys who did not make it to the event heard about the GT 500 ripping around the track all of Saturday and doing some insane engine demonstrations the night before. 2020 will be the 10th Anniversary and that promises some really cool surprises and the rumor is already out there will be a very, very quick Mustang Mach E ( GT at least and maybe .....??? ) , so look to the Motorsports Park Hastings site for info. There are actually two dates listed , so you can take a survey, but the first date is just days after the Solo Nationals in Lincoln , Nebraska, and will hinder those also who want to go to the NASA Championships right after that. The second date seems to be getting the most feedback now , as it is the first week of October , so a little cooler and not as many conflicts with all the other racing events in the Country.