Mustang Motorsports All forms of racing and motorsports activity allowed!

Mustang Roundup IX - Hasting Nebraska - September 2019

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/18, 07:14 AM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mustang Roundup IX - Hasting Nebraska - September 2019

This is a great event and worth the drive out to Hastings, Nebraska. I got in a ton of track tyme last year and made quite a few new Mustang friends. They are offering a discount for early registration.

http://www.racemph.c...istration-2019/

MPH Mustang Round-up 2019.pdf 490.66KB 1 downloads

A good showing of Boss Mustangs were there in 2018

The following users liked this post:
Fastoldman (2/7/19)
Old 1/1/19, 06:43 AM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
If Jeff Lacina and Dell Hughes with Track Guys are organizing the track portion it should be a great event. It is kind of far for me to go, but I will keep it on the radar.
Old 2/7/19, 08:03 AM
GT Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Not sure if Jeff or Dell will be there , but it is quite likely , since they have helped with Instructors and other areas. Fortunately the event is very well run and is a bucket list event under the management of George Anderson , Track Manager and part owner, so #9 will be as successful as all previous years. Jeff was unable to assist last year, but Dell came through with flying colors , and as always we had 3-6 Ford Engineers and Executives come down from Detroit to race and do a Tech Talk for us. This should be a trip you make in your lifetime, as the event gives you serious track time, plenty of food and parties including in the price ( which is not common) , and some talented drivers to run against. We normally get a lot of first timers , who take advantage of the Instruction and soak up all the new ideas and mods they can accomplish with their Stangs. Check out www.racemph.com , Sept. 12-15 and you can also call me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
402-677-5864
billpemberton@woodhouse.com
Old 2/7/19, 09:57 AM
GT Member

Another big plus is Tymeslayer will be there and you can see a Kona Blue Boss that has $50,000 in additional mods ,ha. Seriously, Tyme's car is fun as he has a treasure trove of fun cosmetic as well as performance mods, all of which are tastefully done, and many are ones a lot of us have not seen before?

If you want to find out what things actually work on your GT , GT 350 , Boss 302 , etc. this is the place to be as the Managing Engineer of the Boss 302 will be there , and he happens to now be the Managing Engineer for Motorsports. Along with his fellow Engineers and the large group of Mustang trackrats, this is a place to find out the real stuff that works and not have to guess at what is truly beneficial.
Old 3/20/19, 07:38 AM
GT Member

Time for some updates -------

There is a very, very , very real chance we will have a GT 500 in attendance.
So far we have commitments from 3 Ford Engineers to attend , and it is likely we will have 5-6 with their cars -- they are not bystanders, they race with us!!
The Managing Engineer from Ford Motorsports will be in attendance and running on the track.
Couple of other surprises , but don't want to spill all the beans now. As noted , feel free to call me and check out the event at www.racemph.com

PS - one thing folks sometimes miss is the vast amount of food and parties provided at this event. No issues of having to wander off track all the time to eat ,etc. Overall a big savings , and included in the price.
Old 3/21/19, 02:19 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastoldman
Time for some updates -------

There is a very, very , very real chance we will have a GT 500 in attendance.
So far we have commitments from 3 Ford Engineers to attend , and it is likely we will have 5-6 with their cars -- they are not bystanders, they race with us!!
The Managing Engineer from Ford Motorsports will be in attendance and running on the track.
Couple of other surprises , but don't want to spill all the beans now. As noted , feel free to call me and check out the event at www.racemph.com

PS - one thing folks sometimes miss is the vast amount of food and parties provided at this event. No issues of having to wander off track all the time to eat ,etc. Overall a big savings , and included in the price.
Nice! This sounds like a fun event. It seems it would be worth the long drive
Old 7/23/19, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Big update - we have folks coming from Connecticut , California , besides Michigan, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Illinois, etc. Common to have folks from 14-16 States and there have even been some Canadians wander down. A GT 500 is 95% likely to show up, and if you have a GT, GT350, Boss 302 , or Boss 302S or R, you really need to make the trip. The price includes plenty of food , unlike most events, and the runs are timed , so you will get an actual Time Trial classing for the group you run in. Pretty much a class for everyone, so street tire guys/gals ( 200 treadwear or higher ) will not be running the Hoosier shod beasts.

Email me for more info, or you can also check at www.racemph.com ( Mustang Roundup )

Old 7/24/19, 10:56 AM
Banned

This sounds like an awesome time man. When I’m back State side AND behind a wheel of a new Mustang I have to do this event.

For now my focus is on the Green Hell. Doing a full day of hot laps around Nordschleife this Monday. Wish me luck!
Old 7/31/19, 06:16 AM
GT Member

Folks already coming from Michigan, Colorado , Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, Iowa , Minnesota,South Dakota, Wyoming , and more!! Feel free to contact me or others who have gone to this event , as you can actually spend 4 days on track if you want? The biggest benefit is there are groups for all levels of experience and the largest group many years are first timers. Everyone is there to help , and where else will you go where you actually get real info from fellow Mustang drivers , since most events there may only be a handful of Stang owners on track?

Times are done while on track ( MPH provides timers at no charge) , meals are provided at the track ( except for the Saturday dinner which is just down the road at the Country Club) , plenty of parties at the track , and with Ford Engineers there , we always get some scoops on what is coming!

Bill Pemberton

Mustang Roundup
www.racemph.com
Old 8/1/19, 09:02 AM
GT Member

Tymeslayer , work on your buds in Colorado, as it appears we have about 3 of you presently coming from the Rocky Mountain State? Not a bad drive for the guys, and they will be pleased at how well their Stangs run when not running at a mile high?
Old 8/14/19, 06:08 AM
GT Member

Tyme,

You are aware there are already two of you from Colorado coming out right? Work on a couple of more guys, as there are some quick guys in your neighborhood running in NASA, and this is a great place to test your mettle against other drivers with very similar cars!
Old 8/19/19, 08:04 AM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I talk this up to everyone and anyone with a Mustang. It's a must do if you like hanging with great folks and having a great tyme.
Old 8/21/19, 08:39 AM
GT Member

Chatted with some Mustang Maniacs at the RPM ( track near me that was under 14 foot of water during the floods this year ) Charity Autocross chaired by the Des Moines Valley Region of the SCCA and we could be getting some of them from Iowa. Most folks think this is just an HPDE driving event, but it has times , so one can see if they are improving , plus it is a great way to get folks lined up to go out on track. We usually get at least five 25 minutes sessions on Friday, and 4 on Saturday , plus an Autocross. Plenty of Classes and guys with just a few mods can run in a stock class and still run 200 treadwear tires like in the Street Classes in SCCA.

Look forward to seeing you again my friend and I know we have folks coming from as far away as Connecticut --- word is out that this is a " Bucket List ," Event!! The recent Managing Engineer for Ford Motorsports will be there and he hopes to bring at least 2 other Engineers ( with their cars as they track with us).

Just give your friends the website for Hastings ( www.racemph.com ) as it is easy to find info on the Mustang Roundup.
Old 8/23/19, 07:33 AM
GT Member

We have had 10 more signups in the last week , so make sure you get in on this " Bucket List ," Mustang Event! As noted , the rumors of a GT 500 being present are quite high on the happening scale!
Old 8/27/19, 06:30 AM
GT Member

Tire questions.........since a couple of you have contacted me concerning tires and how they affect your car classification, I figured I would just post it here for everyone. Once you go to a DOT Competition Tire, you will be in a Modified Class at least. If you are running slicks, then bingo you are in a Race Class except for the two exceptions - used World Challenge Series Pirellis or Continentals ( even new Continentals are considered the same as a Hoosier R7 or BFG gforce R1S for classifications). So , if you are essentially running a Stock Car , a 200 Treadwear tire is as sticky as you can go, and with GT 350s most will run against each other as Sport Cup 2s are a 180 Treadwear tire. Older models running the stock tire on a non R model , or one that the driver has equipped with a 200 Treadwear tire , will stay in the stock GT 350 class.

Any questions, please call me at 1-402-677-5864 and if I do not answer , please leave a message ( sometimes I will not if I think it could be a spam call on my delinquent school loans , ha -- funny when one is 67 ) . You can send me a text also , or email me at billpemberton@woodhouse.com
Old 9/18/19, 06:28 AM
GT Member

Well Dell Hughes and Jeff Lacina were there, along with a brand new GT500 straight from Dearborn. Ford Engineer, Bart Marowelli drove the white Beast all the way down to Hastings, Nebraska with his son riding shotgun. Then , after a display of how bulletproof the motor was ( can you say revving to redline and letting it hang there up to 20 times ), Bart spent the entire day on Saturday running the beast in Time Trials and an Autocross. The car was compromised by running a set of All-Season Michelins instead of the Pilot Sport Cup 2s, but it's speed down the straights was sucking the toupees off of the older spectators!!! This was just one highlight of the event which also included;

1. The famous rides in the " Bacardi Bus!"
2. Full course , high speed Autocross ---yes, 2.1 miles of ripping through a few cones!
3. Pizza and Beer Friday Party
4. Full Prime Rib Banquet and Awards Ceremony at the local Elks Country Club.
5. Lunches provided each day , including a sack lunch to take as you left on Sunday!
6. Lots of Tech talk and info from the Ford Engineers - Todd Soderquist and Bart Marowelli
7. Car Show
8. Time Trials Friday and Saturday , and Instruction for newcomers Thursday and Friday.
9. ......great camaraderie with all the Mustang participants in the Car Show or racing!

Next year will be the 10th Annual Mustang Roundup and you need to put it on your calendar. Where else will you go for up to 3 days of Track Time with just fellow Mustang Drivers, Ford Engineers on site and running their cars also, lunches and dinners provided, partying and social gatherings each evening, the Bacardi Bus, viewing Terry Klatt's amazing personal collection of cars and memorabilia ( on site), and more.

Put September on your schedule and you can always contact me for more info...billpemberton@woodhouse.com

Plus , the generous participants of the Mustang Roundup raised over $2000 during an Auction for the Food Bank of the Heartland Backpack Program!!

PS - keep in mind we hinted , heavily , that a GT 500 would show up to the event, just as we have mentioned in 15 that GT 350Rs would show up, or let you aware a Ford GT would be there a couple of years back. Who knows what might show up in 2020, but this is an additional reason you need to attend and race ( or be in the Car Show).

Last edited by Fastoldman; 9/18/19 at 06:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TMSBOSS (9/28/19)
Old 9/18/19, 06:35 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like a good time. Sorry I missed it. I would have liked to see Dell and Jeff as well as learn a new track. Just couldn't make it this year, maybe next time. My car is on jack stands without a steering rack right now. The new rack is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. That gives me 3 weeks to put it back to gather and prepped for the Carolina Regional Mustang Club event at Carolina Motorsports Park.
Old 9/19/19, 04:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EF1
Sounds like a good time. Sorry I missed it. I would have liked to see Dell and Jeff as well as learn a new track. Just couldn't make it this year, maybe next time. My car is on jack stands without a steering rack right now. The new rack is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. That gives me 3 weeks to put it back to gather and prepped for the Carolina Regional Mustang Club event at Carolina Motorsports Park.
Oh no! What happened? Sounds like you managed to get it home ok at least.
Old 9/19/19, 08:11 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

My car is a 2011. There was a fairly common issue with the epas programming that was corrected in the latter part of the 2012 model year. The early units do not like suspension mods and lane drift programming gets stuck in a feedback loop inducing shudder under certain circumstances. There are several things that lead to the issue including bigger heavier brakes and wheels, aggressive alignments, and stiffer bushings. I had a little issue with it for the last couple years. It only acted up under high g force loading on the track and it was intermittent. It was annoying but I could live with it. My front control arm bushings were to the point of needing replacement, so I installed Prothane bushings and threaded Howe Racing ball joints. Once I got it back together the shudder was an issue on the street, so time for a new steering box. I wasn't able to locate a used box out of a 13 or 14 with 19" wheels, so had to go the more expensive route by purchasing the Ford Performance epas that is a replacement for the Boss 302 r/s race cars. It is supposed to be the better option, but at $1100 shipped it is a bit pricey.
Old 9/22/19, 02:26 AM
Banned

Whoa, sounds like a major upgrade. It will be worth it in the end. Good luck and hope to see more of your track videos soon.

Quick Reply: Mustang Roundup IX - Hasting Nebraska - September 2019