The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Mustang Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f660/)
-   -   Lap Time Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f660/lap-time-thread-543864/)

dmichaels 9/7/18 06:50 PM

Thx - many good times with the mustang, it’s missed but I’m psyched to get into something new to me. I might have to post some videos here if I eclipse some of my old mustang times... I have high expectations!

EF1 4/24/19 07:12 PM

Here are a couple of laps on the NASCAR Roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway during the Mustang Owners Museum Open Track Event last week.

I posted earlier on a thread the 5.Monster started with a S197 vs S550 in the S550 section of the forum. I may post some more after I get a chance to look through the footage.

SGwick 4/24/19 07:45 PM

Nice run! Those walls looked awfully close, like Mosport. Glad to see Dmichaels Z05 too :-)

EF1 4/24/19 08:07 PM

Thank you, there is no run off room on that course. I kept my runs pretty conservative to make sure I stayed out of the walls. I know I left a lot of time out there for improvement next time I get to run that one.

5.M0NSTER 4/27/19 03:41 PM

Spa Francorchamps in a stock 2017 BMW M2 with track pads.

EF1 5/5/19 01:43 PM

A couple more laps from Charlotte Motor Speedway. This time chasing another S197.

5.M0NSTER 7/31/19 02:10 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...18c35f20b7.jpg
Nurburgring Nordschleife in manual BMW M2. 8:38.44 BTG.

EF1 10/15/19 08:09 PM

I spent 3 days at Carolina Motorsports Park this past weekend. I will post some video after I get a chance to download it and put it together.

5.M0NSTER 10/16/19 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7045008)
I spent 3 days at Carolina Motorsports Park this past weekend. I will post some video after I get a chance to download it and put it together.

Awesome, looking forward to it!

5.M0NSTER 7/3/20 03:13 PM

Season is finally back on, and I did my first day this year on the Nordschleife. Knocked off full 20s from my previous best time. Now it's 8:18. Also had a very close call with a guardrail when I missed a brake zone. And did decent chasing an orange Porsche 911 Ring Taxi, that was a boost in confidence :-)

EF1 7/3/20 06:09 PM

Glad to see someone is getting some track time.

5.M0NSTER 7/5/20 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7053093)
Glad to see someone is getting some track time.

it’s been a long time coming brother!

I was able to set a benchmark lap I want to use to compare future laps to. I can already see I’m loosing time in the first brake zone and first few corners by the start/finish.

Kelly Erin Knebel 7/6/20 01:22 AM

my 2005 mustang caught on fire was changiing thermostat when test driving noced it shot alot of sparks and barkfird load like a shot gun

Kelly Erin Knebel 7/6/20 01:24 AM

i nees help where do i start
to look to fix

Bert 7/7/20 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kelly Erin Knebel (Post 7053159)
i nees help where do i start
to look to fix

try posting a new thread in the 2005-2009 section with a good concise Title (subject line) that describes the problem or help that you need, in a few words; and in the body of the post give as many details as you can about the issue
https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/

5.M0NSTER 8/16/20 02:37 PM

So is anyone back home getting any track time?

I've done 3 days on the Nurbergring so far, and 1 more planned in late September. No major progress to report, shaved about 4s off the lap I posted above, which brings me to 8:14 BTG overall. Nothing to write home about.

How about you guys? Any luck getting to your local tracks?

EF1 8/16/20 07:12 PM

I have not made it to the track yet this year. I was planning on a couple spring events that were cancelled. I have my annual CMP trip planned for 3 days in October and will try to get something in next month or maybe November. I am about 4 hours from the closest track, so anything less than a weekend isn't worth the drive.

5.M0NSTER 10/13/20 08:36 AM

New PB on Nordschleife for me. Official time is 8:07, but upon closer inspection I see I lost ~6s due to traffic, particularly first few corners trying to clear the Porsche train from T13 through Hatzenbach. I also made a few mistakes in execution. Braking too late and turning in too early into Bergwerk likely cost me ~2s since it's a long uphill section after. And I was didn't need to slow down so much for Mutkurve, plus a few other slower cars I needed to lift throttle for. So this could have very well been a 7:5X lap!

Nice to know I'm on-pace, and I only have one more chance next year.

EF1 10/17/20 07:21 AM

Here is a few laps from the last session at CMP on Sunday October 11, 2020. New tires, fixed back seat, and 6 point harness on a familiar track that was repaved in July. Lots of changes to get used to the first time on track in a year. We had a lot of rain over the two days and this was probably the best dry session of the weekend. This is from the beginning of the session, which had some excitement early on. Not my best laps of the session, but a few people wanted to see what happened. I will post some better laps when I get some time. Oh and before the comments, I know my windshield was dirty. It just stopped raining and I didn't get a chance to clean it as the sun came out.

5.M0NSTER 10/17/20 08:58 AM

Nice work driving around the Shelby. Safety first. Facing the wrong way on the racing line is never good.

How did the car feel? It looked like you had plenty of grip, and were working your way up to find the limits.