The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Mustang Motorsports (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f660/)
-   -   Lap Time Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f660/lap-time-thread-543864/)

dmichaels 4/24/17 06:40 PM

Lap Time Thread

TMO has one of these, figured might as well start one here too, even though far fewer folks do road courses here. But this is a good dumping ground for track times and videos.

Limerock
DMichaels - 1.00.90 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuning, aero, Hankook Z214's

NYST
DMichaels - 1.37.7 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuning, aero, Hankook Z214's

Watkins Glen Full
Dmichaels - 2.07.78 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuning, aero, pirelli DH

Grattan
5.Monster - 1.32.4 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuned, R-S3's

Gingerman
5.Monster - 1.47.17 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuned, R-S3's

Mid Ohio
5.Monster - 1.48.0 - 2014 GT TP, suspension, tuned, R-S3's

CTMP/Mosport
SGwick - 1.42.x - 2011 GT TP, suspension, tuned, NT05's

5.M0NSTER 4/25/17 07:30 PM

Niiice! Good deal and congrats on new PB!

With the new compound tires I'm sure I'll have a PB or two this season as well. First track day is May 28th. I'll post a video and lap time too.

dmichaels 5/12/17 07:12 PM

New PB at NYST (New York safety track) today. My 2nd time there, last time was 4 years ago!! Fun day!

2014 GT TP
Hankook z214
Koni & springs
Tuned
Aero

dmichaels 5/13/17 06:51 PM

I'll start with my new PB today at Lime Rock Park in CT!

2014 GT TP, Hancook Z214 C51's, Custom Koni's, Aero, tuned, other goodies

Bert 5/18/17 04:53 AM

This is a great idea for a thread, sometime soon I'll get organized and post some up!

Come on guys, don't be shy, just because D's times are always better than ours, doesn't mean we can't post! :catfight: :poke: LOL

dmichaels 5/18/17 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bert (Post 7014715)
This is a great idea for a thread, sometime soon I'll get organized and post some up!

Come on guys, don't be shy, just because D's times are always better than ours, doesn't mean we can't post! :catfight: :poke: LOL

Haha! Not true, all the tracks out west everyone else is quicker! I haven't been there yet ;)

But yeah post up! Fun to see how mods help (or hinder...) lap times and see progression as a driver!

5.M0NSTER 5/27/17 07:41 AM

Tomorrow I'm heading to Grattan. IThis may be my first wet track day. 70% chance thunderstorms tomorrow. I have the Hankook Ventus R-S3s on the car. If it's wet my lap times may better with the more narrow Conti Extreme Contact DW tires.

My PB at Grattan is 1:32.7 so far. I doubt I'll be able to break it tomorrow. Wish me luck!

dmichaels 5/27/17 05:52 PM

Good luck with the rainy day, hope you get some dry track time too! The rain can be fun, but it's definitely not my favorite. If you get some wet laps, feel free to post up. I have the only wet lap at Palmer here for trackmustangsonline... figured if Top Gear did it, why not do the same?

Enjoy the track time!

5.M0NSTER 5/28/17 07:37 PM

New PB at Grattan. Barely, but still. 1:32.4

i was hoping for better. Car felt loose most of the day, the traction of Hankook Ventus R-S3 was about ~8% better than the S04s and my expectation was 15-20%. I had to find the pressure sweet spot and re calibrated my expectations

5.M0NSTER 6/5/17 07:44 PM

This was the first time I have been able to lap time Gingerman. So by default my new PB here is 1:47.17

After a break in period and some driving adjustments (slowing down more right before turn in) the Hankook R-S3s now feel pretty grippy. Definitely better than S04, I think it's safe to say the S04s were more forgiving though.

5.M0NSTER 6/13/17 09:08 PM

I was only able to get 2 sessions in today at Mid O. I have a new PB, which I know I can still improve on given more clean laps. Beat the last best time by over 2s. New PB is 1:48.0. It will hopefully fall by the end of August when I'm back at Mid O.

EF1 6/14/17 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER (Post 7015854)
This was the first time I have been able to lap time Gingerman. So by default my new PB here is 1:47.17

After a break in period and some driving adjustments (slowing down more right before turn in) the Hankook R-S3s now feel pretty grippy. Definitely better than S04, I think it's safe to say the S04s were more forgiving though.

What tire pressure were you running hot in the SO4's? I am getting some wear on the outside edge and it was suggested that I either run a little more air pressure or switch to a tire with more of a square shoulder to keep from wearing out the edges.

5.M0NSTER 6/14/17 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7016292)
What tire pressure were you running hot in the SO4's? I am getting some wear on the outside edge and it was suggested that I either run a little more air pressure or switch to a tire with more of a square shoulder to keep from wearing out the edges.

The S04s have been retired as of last season. They fell apart on me last September. But I was running 36psi hot and the were happy there.

Now I'm running Hankook Ventus R-S3s, and they are noticeably more grippy, but they don't tolerate being a psi over 35 hot. So I run them at 34-35. Which means 28-29 cool.

P.S. If you're getting decent grip I wouldn't worry about the edge wear. Mine were worn pretty far down the sidewall, but the thread is what fell apart, not the sidewall.

Bert 6/16/17 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7016292)

I have 275/35-19 S04's and about 35 psi hot seems to be about right, though I can't really say for sure.

The outside edge wear on the front is typical of hard cornering and suggests you need more negative camber. I don't think tire pressure will affect it much.

EDIT/PS: sorry we are a bit off track from the thread purpose, I'll post up some times and videos sometime when I get some time!

dmichaels 6/17/17 06:30 AM

Updated with times! If I get fancy, I'll create hyperlinks with the times to the laps

EF1 6/17/17 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER (Post 7016294)
The S04s have been retired as of last season. They fell apart on me last September. But I was running 36psi hot and the were happy there.

Now I'm running Hankook Ventus R-S3s, and they are noticeably more grippy, but they don't tolerate being a psi over 35 hot. So I run them at 34-35. Which means 28-29 cool.

P.S. If you're getting decent grip I wouldn't worry about the edge wear. Mine were worn pretty far down the sidewall, but the thread is what fell apart, not the sidewall.

Thanks I have been running around 35 psi hot and the edges are getting torn up, but the tread is still really good. I will keep an eye on them and see how they hold up.

Also, I need to post some video from Sebring from two weeks ago, I just need to figure out how.

Joeywhat 6/17/17 08:53 AM

I REALLY need to get to the west side of Michigan and do get some track time.

5.M0NSTER 6/17/17 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Joeywhat (Post 7016427)
I REALLY need to get to the west side of Michigan and do get some track time.

Yes, it is time. Check out www.motorsportsreg.com for events and organizers. That's how I started.

Bert 6/19/17 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7016426)
. . . I have been running around 35 psi hot and the edges are getting torn up, but the tread is still really good. . . . .

sorry, back on this tangent, LOL:

how much camber are you running? sounds like you need more . . .

SGwick 6/21/17 07:59 PM

Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP/Mosport) 1.42x :-)

EF1 6/21/17 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bert (Post 7016528)
sorry, back on this tangent, LOL:

how much camber are you running? sounds like you need more . . .

I am running right at -1.5 degrees camber.

Bert 6/22/17 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7016665)
I am running right at -1.5 degrees camber.

That's about where I am too, and my S04's get ripped up on the outside edges also . . . I think we would do better with as much negative as we can get, without throwing anything else way off

dmichaels 6/22/17 10:43 AM

I recently went to -3.3 camber. Almost perfectly even wear over 2 days at the Glen. First time ever I did not chew up the outside edge.

2.5-3.0 would work for less sticky tires

5.M0NSTER 6/22/17 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by dmichaels (Post 7016684)
I recently went to -3.3 camber. Almost perfectly even wear over 2 days at the Glen. First time ever I did not chew up the outside edge.

2.5-3.0 would work for less sticky tires

I agree. I have been running -2.0 and after a year of street use I do not see uneven wear.

The Hankooks wear on outsides edge is right on top of the diamond, so spot on for tack use with these tires.

EF1 6/22/17 08:09 PM

I still drive quite a bit on the street. Are you guys seeing wear issues on the street with that much neg camber?

5.M0NSTER 6/22/17 08:46 PM

Not so far. And it's been 4000 miles. My street tires (Conti DW in 255/40-19) are not seeing any increased inside wear with -2.0 degrees of camber. I do not track them, but I take some ramps kinda hard.

SGwick 7/1/17 05:09 AM

29 June SDCA trackday @ LRP

1:09:0 laptime (best recorded lap (not all sessions timed))

Great track, learned a lot.

dmichaels 7/1/17 10:06 AM

Glad you enjoyed it. Any spots you found difficult? It's a fast track when you get a feel for the rythym

SGwick 7/1/17 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Glad you enjoyed it. Any spots you found difficult? It's a fast track when you get a feel for the rythym

I adjusted my racing line around big bend after riding with my instructor since the stang liked it better and I was fully committed to the uphill (shooting out on far left) and the downhill right hander. I made the mistake of enrolling in the novice group (since I had never been there) and was always confronted with a train of cars (even after pulling into the pits for space). I was advised next time to sign up in the next higher intermediate group (w/instructor) to get clean laps. Overall it was a great day of driving on an amazing track. I also adjusted my line for T3 using more of a center line towards the outside, braking and turning in lining up straight for T4 turn in. You were right in uphill compression, sooo much grip. Happy: after a session another driver asked what I had under the hood because I was fast and he couldn't keep up, I just said cai and headers. He was driving a Cad ATS-V :-) Thanks for the suggestions, it helped a lot dmichaels.

dmichaels 7/2/17 08:50 AM

Glad a few tips helped! Yeah if you're 1.09 and faster you're much quicker than the average novice group. Much of the instructor group will be 1.04-1.05 there pending cars and tires.

When are you going oit next?

SGwick 7/3/17 09:06 PM

won't be going back to LRP anytime soon, planning on Dec trackdays at Daytona and maybe Sebring if I can swing it

dmichaels 7/4/17 08:33 AM

Very cool! I think I'm at LRP one more time this season by not till October.

Patiently waiting for the dealer to repair the axle and then hopefully finally fix the steering issue. Thinking I won't have the car again till August at this point

5.M0NSTER 7/4/17 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by dmichaels (Post 7017293)
Very cool! I think I'm at LRP one more time this season by not till October.

Patiently waiting for the dealer to repair the axle and then hopefully finally fix the steering issue. Thinking I won't have the car again till August at this point

whoa, wait, what happened to the axle and steering?

dmichaels 7/7/17 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER (Post 7017296)
whoa, wait, what happened to the axle and steering?

Blew a drivers side rear axle seal... 2nd time it's happened. Not a big deal, but they had to order parts which took some time

The steering issue is weird. Ever since I bought the car, when transitioning turns (left to right or right to left) sometimes I would feel what felt like something shifted in the steering. Sort of like gear slop in the steering rack. However, it's not felt when turning or when the car isn't loaded (i.e. in the driveway). There's no slop in the steering so I don't think it actually is the steering rack. It's almost as if the whole front subframe shifts a bit. Anywasy, it's gotten worse over the past year. I had brought it in with this issue like 3 years ago, but they "couldn't reproduce the issue" that time.

I've been advised this time though they were able to replicate it, so now I will be firm in that I don't want the car back until the issue is resolved. The feeling makes me quite nervous

V6 Driver 7/12/17 11:24 AM

Last weekend I had a personal best recorded (harry Lap timer) lap of 3.00.50 around Road America. I was hoping to break into the high 2 minute times but Saturday morning during the first session my supercharger ate a bearing or something so my weekend was over early. Already have a RMA# so the head unit will be sent in next week. My season is over though. :(

dmichaels 8/30/17 04:09 PM

New personal best today at Palmer Motorsports! Actually had 2 personal bests, first one on my Conti scrubs and then swapped to my Pirelli DH scrubs and went 2 seconds faster... very good day!

2014 GT TP
Suspension, brakes, aero, Pirelli DH, BAMA tune

SGwick 8/30/17 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by dmichaels (Post 7019604)
New personal best today at Palmer Motorsports! Actually had 2 personal bests, first one on my Conti scrubs and then swapped to my Pirelli DH scrubs and went 2 seconds faster... very good day!

2014 GT TP

https://youtu.be/EsGJDx4ACbQ

great driving as usual dmichaels! do you think the aero had a larger role than your tires to getting the new pb? I have been throwing around the idea of getting canards (ajhartman).

dmichaels 8/30/17 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by SGwick (Post 7019606)
great driving as usual dmichaels! do you think the aero had a larger role than your tires to getting the new pb? I have been throwing around the idea of getting canards (ajhartman).

I think it's a combo of everything. Hard to pin point. High speed turns, I can feel the aero. The suspension makes a great difference into and out of corners. The brake setup with 2-piece floating rotors on all corners makes braking highly confidence inspiring. So it's the whole package coming together.

I'm building new canards, if they come out good I'll make you a set for the cost of materials...

Bert 8/31/17 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by dmichaels (Post 7019604)
New personal best today at Palmer . . .
2014 GT TP

inspiring video/driving, and thanks for getting the thread back on point! :D

dmichaels 9/4/17 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by SGwick (Post 7019606)

Canards are curing... I'll post pics when I trim, sand, and install later!

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...cc653ca183.jpg

5.M0NSTER 5/22/18 07:50 PM

Resurrecting this thread. My first track day for the season will be this Saturday at Grattan. It will be packed, 60 cars. It may also rain, so I may not break any records here, but that's ok. Good shakedown.

Then a week and a half later is Mid Ohio, and again a week after that also at Mid O. Hoping for a new PB at Mid O by June 15th.

dmichaels 5/24/18 06:46 PM

Well, not a mustang video, but a previous mustang driver count?

chasing down a new M2 in my commuter car / Track day $500 Cobalt SS... best lap was 1.05.0 at Limerock

And the quick lap

5.M0NSTER 5/25/18 06:41 AM

Nice work Derek, glad to see the Cobalt kicking donkey at the track. How is the handling compared to the Mustang?

Bert 5/25/18 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by dmichaels (Post 7030190)
[left] . . . my commuter car / Track day $500 Cobalt SS... . . .

$500 car? really?

I think that qualifies you for the 24 hours of Lemons, which could be a blast . . . I go to spectate at Thompson every year, it is a hoot . . .

5.M0NSTER 5/25/18 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bert (Post 7030223)
$500 car? really?

I think that qualifies you for the 24 hours of Lemons, which could be a blast . . . I go to spectate at Thompson every year, it is a hoot . . .

I was wondering the same thing. $500 for a Cobalt SS is a steal. And thumbs on on Lemons. I work with a number of guys who do that. May look into it myself at some point.

EF1 5/26/18 07:37 AM

How do you include video clips on your posts? I would like to post one from CMP last weekend and am not sure how to do it.

5.M0NSTER 5/26/18 09:26 PM

If you use Harry's Lap timer or Track Addict it will overlay speed and lat/long G along with the video. You can also link direct gopro or any other video via YouTube.

Here is a fun chase of a ZL1 !LE wearing 888R rubber. Should have never been close, but he needed more driver mod.

EF1 5/27/18 07:36 AM

I don't have a lap timer, but my GoPro lets me overlay the gps track, speedometer, etc over the video. How come when dmichaels posts a video it is embedded in the post and when you do it is a link?

EF1 5/27/18 08:01 AM

I am not nearly as good a driver as dmichaels or 5.Monster, but here is a lap at Carolina Motorsports Park last weekend. It was my first time out this season with new tires and brakes. I am still getting used to the car on track, but I was quite a bit faster than last fall.

5.M0NSTER 5/27/18 11:33 AM

Thanks for the reminder, I pasted the wrong link. Just fixed it in my previous post. Looks like you figured it out too.

Hey, that pretty good driving, my only major critique is that you tend to stay a bit further away from the apex than you should. That looks like pretty fast flowing track! Keep practicing and keep building up speed. But good work!

Oh: and for lap timer you can just download track addict for free. It will keep track of lap times for you, record cornering and acceleration data, and even record video as well.

EF1 5/27/18 11:48 AM

Yeah, it took me awhile to figure out how to post the video. I have never posted a video to YouTube or anywhere else. I had to set up a YouTube channel and upload the video before I could link it here.

Thanks for the critique. I have lots to work on in addition to hitting the apex. I also need to work on accelerating to the braking zone. I tend to lift and coast a bit before braking. Also, I am scrubbing off more speed than I need to coming into a corner. I am getting better, but still have a ways to go.

5.M0NSTER 5/27/18 12:29 PM

Oh, and by the way new PB at Grattan yesterday. 1:31.1

5.M0NSTER 6/3/18 08:58 AM

Mid Ohio is coming up in 2 days. 50% chance of rain, and a lot cooler, only in the 70s. I got the radiator flushed, and I have a new radiator cap. Will be keeping an eye on water temps.

EF1 6/3/18 10:48 AM

Good luck, the cooler temperatures should help with engine temps quite bit.

5.M0NSTER 6/3/18 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7030616)
Good luck, the cooler temperatures should help with engine temps quite bit.

Thank you sir. Hoping the overheating issues stay away.

Bert 6/4/18 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER (Post 7030636)
Thank you sir. Hoping the overheating issues stay away.

hey, just a thought, probably was already covered but . . . . did you get rid of the engine cover already? I guess it is a small thing, but anything you can do to let the engine shed heat is a good thing

5.M0NSTER 6/4/18 07:49 PM

I ave not, but I very well might. Thanks for the tip. Weather is not looking too good, 50% chance of rain. I may be slipping and sliding out there tomorrow.

5.M0NSTER 6/5/18 08:28 PM

Just got back form a day at Mid Ohio. First 3 sessions were wet, damp and wet again, so I got to practice car control and not crashing on a super slick race track while wearing directional motorsports compound backwards.

Then later in the day it dried out, so I got to put in 2 solid dry sessions and registered a new PB. Also the temps were in mid 60s all day, and my coolant temp was 218-223 so normal. Let's hope it behaves similarly when ambient is up 20+ degrees!

First ever (and thus best ever) wet lap time at Mid Ohio: 2:00
Also, shaved over a second from my previous best time there. New P.B: 1:46.9

5.M0NSTER 6/10/18 04:58 PM

Ok, back to Mid Ohio on Wednesday. Let's hope the weather hold, and I hope to improve on my 1:46.9 time from last week. Wish me luck!

EF1 6/10/18 07:57 PM

Good luck and i look forward to the videos.

5.M0NSTER 6/11/18 02:38 PM

I will try out normal 720 mode on the go pro instead of superview 720. Everything looks so small in superview.

5.M0NSTER 6/13/18 09:07 PM

So lots of revelations today, and a great day at Mid O.

Best to worst list:
1) New Personal Best at Mid Ohio: 1:43.75 -- shaved 3 seconds from last week with just a few line tweaks. This is huge. Was hoping for 1:45, got 2 seconds better. This never happens!
2) Over heat issues still persist. Cootant temps were 238-240.
3) What I thought was brake fluid leaking past the caliper seal in the rear is diff fluid leaking past the shaft seal. Not as bad, but a different problem all together.

Also, I woke up at 4AM, drove a total of 6h to and from the track, an d had over 2h of track time today. Means I was tired. And by the last session the track was hot, the tires were greasy, and my brain stopped working. I forgot to brake for the Key Hole at Mid Ohio. And that meant I went playing in the sand. After that I Black Flagged myself. I thought you guys might enjoy that.

Mustang Freak 6/14/18 12:31 AM

Hopefully no further damage was done! :yup:

Bert 6/15/18 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER (Post 7031116)
. . . What I thought was brake fluid leaking past the caliper seal in the rear is diff fluid leaking past the shaft seal. Not as bad, but a different problem all together.

. . .

thanks for the videos, keep 'em coming!

about the axle seal: I had that problem a while back, and had the same difficulty sorting it out from the brake caliper seal. I think the problem was at least partly caused by pressure build-up in the axle because the vent was clogged. I think you might have already addressed that, don't remember because I have CRS. I addressed it with finned diff cover and the "turkey baster" vent installed up on top. Also had to replace the seals, i had a shop do it, and did the seals on both sides and the bearings while we were at it.

5.M0NSTER 6/15/18 04:01 PM

Hey John, you are spot on. That's exactly what my problem was too, clogged vent on top of the pumpkin. So now I topped off the fluid and cleaned off the vent.

Also more videos :heh:

5.M0NSTER 6/15/18 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 7031121)
Hopefully no further damage was done! :yup:

Thanks bud, everything was ok. I went off with straight wheels and not too hot, so all but my ego was intact :heh:

Mustang Freak 6/15/18 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Thanks bud, everything was ok. I went off with straight wheels and not too hot, so all but my ego was intact :heh:

Great glad to read it! My ego would probably be lost on the first corner! :shame: :yup:

EF1 8/4/18 01:39 PM

I was at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham , AL last weekend. I will post some video when I get a chance.

5.M0NSTER 8/4/18 02:30 PM

How did you like it? Looking forward to your video.

EF1 8/4/18 04:08 PM

Really nice facility. The grounds are groomed like a golf course. The track has a really smooth surface and is pretty easy on tires. I developed a pretty nasty brake shake on the first day, so I never really settled into a good rhythm. Not sure yet if I warped my front rotors or if the Glock pads are not bedded properly. It is kind of strange, under light or extremely hard braking it was okay, but anywhere in the middle it shook the steering wheel pretty good. I didn't have any trouble at CMP in May and didn't change the pads out since I wasn't driving it much. I only put a couple hundred highway miles on the car since other than driving to and from the track. I was told that I may have an uneven transfer layer between the pads and the rotors that are causing them to grab erratically. I am going to try and pull the wheels tomorrow and measure the runout on the rotors. Either way, I will go back to my street rotors and pads on the front since I am not scheduled for another track weekend until October. I will get videos posted as soon as I can. I have been having trouble with the GoPro software lately, but I think I finally have it working after uninstalling/reinstalling and a bunch of password changes.

EF1 8/5/18 06:39 AM

Here is my big fail for the weekend at Barber. I will post another link with a couple of good laps this afternoon.

5.M0NSTER 8/5/18 02:51 PM

That's not bad at all. You didn't even drop 2 wheels off! Don't worry about it, it's hard to know where the limit is if you never go over it. Outside of the little over-steer over correction (or too long of a pause in Correct-Pause-Recover) your line was looking pretty nice. Your real estate utilization was better than in previous videos, so you're definitely improving :nice:

As for brake shake it's perfectly normal with XP10s at medium brake applies. It is caused by uneven transfer of material to the rotor, which is a sign of overheating the pads. I had it happen a few times also. Best strategy with XP10s (or 12s) is to brake late but hard, and avoid semi-hard or light braking. You want to be deliberate yet fast and smooth on the apply. Avoid riding the pedal half way for a few seconds.
I did not observe this problem with XP12, but in all fairness a set of XP12s lasted 3 track days. They evaporated quickly compared to XP10s. No shaking tho. The shaking will go away if you keep the pads in for another week or so. They will scrub the rotors even again.

EF1 8/5/18 02:59 PM

Yeah, I managed to keep all four on the pavement. I thought I saved it until the front bit and the back didn't causing me to spin the other direction. It happened so fast I didn't have the clutch in resulting in the stall as I went backwards. Now for the brake shake. When you say keep them in for a week or so do you mean for the track or drive them on the street?

5.M0NSTER 8/5/18 03:16 PM

Keep the track pads in and drive it on the street for about a week. 100 to 150 miles should be enough for them to scrub themselves even. Then the vibrations will go away

EF1 8/5/18 03:23 PM

Thanks I will give it a try. Also, uploading another clip with a couple of better laps. I will have a link in a few minutes.

EF1 8/6/18 05:24 PM

Here is a link to a couple of decent laps from my weekend at Barber. These are from the second day after I was starting to learn the track. I was lined up first and didn't see anyone, until I started to lap some of the slower cars.

dmichaels 9/6/18 04:41 PM

Glad to see this thread is still alive! Figured a few folks here would like to see the new toy I picked up a few weeks back.. it’s 2002 Z05 with 19k miles, mostly stock at the moment. It goes under the knife this winter for Track readiness!!

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...9ab5b1c0f.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...85ab71aaa.jpeg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...9c7bbeb3f.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...cce444438.jpeg

Mustang Freak 9/6/18 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by dmichaels
Glad to see this thread is still alive! Figured a few folks here would like to see the new toy I picked up a few weeks back.. it’s 2002 Z05 with 19k miles, mostly stock at the moment. It goes under the knife this winter for Track readiness!!

:nice: Congrats only 19k sweet!

5.M0NSTER 9/6/18 06:41 PM

Oh the expensive cars you will slay. Glad to see you here bud and good luck with the car!

EF1 9/6/18 07:27 PM

That should make a really good tack car. Congratulations on the find.

dmichaels 9/7/18 06:50 PM

Thx - many good times with the mustang, it’s missed but I’m psyched to get into something new to me. I might have to post some videos here if I eclipse some of my old mustang times... I have high expectations!

EF1 4/24/19 07:12 PM

Here are a couple of laps on the NASCAR Roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway during the Mustang Owners Museum Open Track Event last week.

I posted earlier on a thread the 5.Monster started with a S197 vs S550 in the S550 section of the forum. I may post some more after I get a chance to look through the footage.

SGwick 4/24/19 07:45 PM

Nice run! Those walls looked awfully close, like Mosport. Glad to see Dmichaels Z05 too :-)

EF1 4/24/19 08:07 PM

Thank you, there is no run off room on that course. I kept my runs pretty conservative to make sure I stayed out of the walls. I know I left a lot of time out there for improvement next time I get to run that one.

5.M0NSTER 4/27/19 03:41 PM

Spa Francorchamps in a stock 2017 BMW M2 with track pads.

EF1 5/5/19 01:43 PM

A couple more laps from Charlotte Motor Speedway. This time chasing another S197.

5.M0NSTER 7/31/19 02:10 AM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...18c35f20b7.jpg
Nurburgring Nordschleife in manual BMW M2. 8:38.44 BTG.

EF1 10/15/19 08:09 PM

I spent 3 days at Carolina Motorsports Park this past weekend. I will post some video after I get a chance to download it and put it together.

5.M0NSTER 10/16/19 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7045008)
I spent 3 days at Carolina Motorsports Park this past weekend. I will post some video after I get a chance to download it and put it together.

Awesome, looking forward to it!

5.M0NSTER 7/3/20 03:13 PM

Season is finally back on, and I did my first day this year on the Nordschleife. Knocked off full 20s from my previous best time. Now it's 8:18. Also had a very close call with a guardrail when I missed a brake zone. And did decent chasing an orange Porsche 911 Ring Taxi, that was a boost in confidence :-)

EF1 7/3/20 06:09 PM

Glad to see someone is getting some track time.

5.M0NSTER 7/5/20 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by EF1 (Post 7053093)
Glad to see someone is getting some track time.

it’s been a long time coming brother!

I was able to set a benchmark lap I want to use to compare future laps to. I can already see I’m loosing time in the first brake zone and first few corners by the start/finish.

Kelly Erin Knebel 7/6/20 01:22 AM

my 2005 mustang caught on fire was changiing thermostat when test driving noced it shot alot of sparks and barkfird load like a shot gun

Kelly Erin Knebel 7/6/20 01:24 AM

i nees help where do i start
to look to fix

Bert 7/7/20 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Kelly Erin Knebel (Post 7053159)
i nees help where do i start
to look to fix

try posting a new thread in the 2005-2009 section with a good concise Title (subject line) that describes the problem or help that you need, in a few words; and in the body of the post give as many details as you can about the issue
https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/

5.M0NSTER 8/16/20 02:37 PM

So is anyone back home getting any track time?

I've done 3 days on the Nurbergring so far, and 1 more planned in late September. No major progress to report, shaved about 4s off the lap I posted above, which brings me to 8:14 BTG overall. Nothing to write home about.

How about you guys? Any luck getting to your local tracks?

EF1 8/16/20 07:12 PM

I have not made it to the track yet this year. I was planning on a couple spring events that were cancelled. I have my annual CMP trip planned for 3 days in October and will try to get something in next month or maybe November. I am about 4 hours from the closest track, so anything less than a weekend isn't worth the drive.

5.M0NSTER 10/13/20 08:36 AM

New PB on Nordschleife for me. Official time is 8:07, but upon closer inspection I see I lost ~6s due to traffic, particularly first few corners trying to clear the Porsche train from T13 through Hatzenbach. I also made a few mistakes in execution. Braking too late and turning in too early into Bergwerk likely cost me ~2s since it's a long uphill section after. And I was didn't need to slow down so much for Mutkurve, plus a few other slower cars I needed to lift throttle for. So this could have very well been a 7:5X lap!

Nice to know I'm on-pace, and I only have one more chance next year.

EF1 10/17/20 07:21 AM

Here is a few laps from the last session at CMP on Sunday October 11, 2020. New tires, fixed back seat, and 6 point harness on a familiar track that was repaved in July. Lots of changes to get used to the first time on track in a year. We had a lot of rain over the two days and this was probably the best dry session of the weekend. This is from the beginning of the session, which had some excitement early on. Not my best laps of the session, but a few people wanted to see what happened. I will post some better laps when I get some time. Oh and before the comments, I know my windshield was dirty. It just stopped raining and I didn't get a chance to clean it as the sun came out.

5.M0NSTER 10/17/20 08:58 AM

Nice work driving around the Shelby. Safety first. Facing the wrong way on the racing line is never good.

How did the car feel? It looked like you had plenty of grip, and were working your way up to find the limits.